Bronzo Tan Fiat Avventura Emotion Diesel: Ownership Review

COngrats Tornado!

FIAT AVVENTURA is good car to have, specially if you love roam different INDIAN terrains. It is built for such enthusiast who love hard trails and long highway drives.

I always been a great fan of FIAT designs. Avventura is like "everything is just at a right place".

Please post the more information on HID upgrades like,

- brand
- cost
- various options HID available in market; you went through

Thread Starter #18
Actually, I had planned to get them installed from fellow TAI ger vinie, but couldn't find time to see him as he is located in Mumbai.

So tried to install same projectors as that of BMW but for the installer @motor arts Pune could not dismahentle the clear lens half of the headlight from the reflector half, he had to abort that attempt due to fear of breaking it.

rps20150504_182445.jpg .

So we decided to go for HID. He said, that new generation of Philips is quite focusing and would not trouble up comers.

So went for Hella fogs with 55w PHILIPS HID bulbs and 35w Philips HID for headlight. rps20150504_183802.jpg rps20150504_183836.jpg rps20150504_183957.jpg rps20150504_183930.jpg

After fog replacement, I got a fantastic side view near the bonnet which helps me to see road dividing blocks, trench or a open manhole before taking acute turns. rps20150504_184422.jpg rps20150504_184351.jpg

The low beam doesn't cause any problems for up comers but high beam is a nightmare, I use only if upcomer is avid lover of the high beam and adamantly refuses to switch over to low beam causing annoyance to me.
rps20150504_184557.jpg

rps20150504_184514.jpg

Congratulations on your fiat buddy and wish you many happy miles with it.I soo much agree on the part you said they surely knows how to get the headache go.lol Driving dynamics suspention setup with the national engine with CUV styling car makes the ownership pride.
Loved the shade you got.Do share the expreience of fiat uno and now this avventura that you currently driving from fiat stables.Keep updating and enjoy your drives.

Thread Starter #20
FE, : ARAI 20.5KMPL

I drive my Avventura @120to 150 kmph on Eway almost fortnightly.
I drive her on other roads with a purpose of overtaking other vehicles on the roads.
In cities, I overtake other cars on the speed breakers, potholes where they slowdown.

Whenever there is a quarrel with my wife for any reason, I just come down in the parking, sit inside and switch on the music with high bass and go for a highway drive of 15 to 20 kms, and come back to surprise of my wife with a wide grin on my face (I will not mention, what happens next).

Whenever my kids are not sleeping in time in the night, I just take them for a slow drive in city showing off the car and the bass to the city mates on night walk till the kids fall asleep in the car itself.

Whenever, I get caught up in traffic jam for say half an hour or so I just keep the engine & ACON, And listen to the ICE, such is the seat comfort.

Now, tell me what's the use of measuring the FE? As I know, for my vallet, it's gonna be unpleasant figure as compared to the ARAI with above mentioned style of usage , I never thought of measuring FE as it is likely that it might rob off the enthusiastic driver inside me .

Last edited:
Whenever there is a quarrel with my wife for any reason, I just come down in the parking, sit inside and switch on the music with high bass and go for a highway drive of 15 to 20 kms, and come back to surprise of my wife with a wide grin on my face (I will not mention, what happens next).
I loved that ^ part. I do the same. Whenever my mood is off i just take my car and go on a drive with my favorite songs playing in the ICE [:)] .

Congrats Tornado on you new Fiat. It surely is enthusiast's car. I liked the way you came to conclusion to buy Avventura. Very nice write up and explanation. All websites criticize Fiat for making rear door opening mechanism cumbersome in aventura. How do you feel about this. Is this really that difficult to open?

Thread Starter #23
@mora, all the cars which were in my list and mentioned above in my buying experience are good but one has to dig up and find a dislike for one car so as to reject it . Now when someone is not finding any flaw, one has to crib on something so as to mention it under Dislike.

Same is true with the rear door and spare wheel gate of Avventura.For Auto mags & websites, it is difficult to find any flaw or issue in Avventura, if they do not mention any flaw or issue in the car, they have a risk of getting labeled as' fiat fanboy'. Hence they have mentioned about the spare wheel gate .

It is a two stage mechanism, first stage is just to avoid collision of the spare wheel on the car behind while parked on slope or if internal or remote button is pressed accidentally. And second stage is meant to avoid accidental collision between the spare wheel & the rear door, And I feel it is rather a good piece of mechanical engineering without spending too many funds.

Yes, security guards at the star rated hotels & hi fi malls do find it bit difficult to do it, but I scold them for not keeping themselves updated about new things in the market!!![evil]

Thread Starter #26
Received a call from FCA few days back
Asked me about functioning of the car. I said its fine.
They asked if there is any problem?
I told,
1) The keys of the cross bars on which bicycle stand is mounted are not yet handed over to me by the dealer. (I forgot to suggest them to remove the Fiat Caffè from SKY moto dealer and hand it over to some other dealer like Jay Vijay or Pandits.)

2) ICE starts playing on USB media player mode without any command from me whenever I am listening to music on AUX mode.

3)Two days back, the driver seat's height adjustment lever got broken while pulling it up.
They said, "they would call me within 24 hrs".

3days back , got reply from FCA, they arranged a conference call with the fellow from SKY MOTO (Nikil) who conducted PDI of my car @purchase.
I told him that I am out of station.
He said, "whenever you come back to Pune & bring the car either to JAY Vijay or sky moto, call me, I will come & address the issue."

Today, I got one more call from FCA, they asked if I am back to Pune as Nikhil is eager to address the issues.

I asked them if this Nikhil is FCA employee or Sky moto showroom.?

They said, he is of SKY moto showroom.

I am surprised & happy to see FCA making an employee of one showroom available to other showroom 's FASS as per custemer' s convenience.

I told them that I would visit Jay Vijay FASS on may, 13.

Meanwhile, I am back home from trip to konkan via NH4 & Sahyadri Ghats a total journey of over 1000km.

Yesterday, it was 12 hour journey back home, I drove alone. Today, while going to work place, I felt equally fresh and comfortable in the driver's seat. I was rather expecting some tiredness.

Throughout my journey on NH4, Ghats and konkan villages, I enjoyed the driving due to the chilling AC (My car doesn't have sunfilms,) suspension & precision of the steering wheel.
I overtook all the vehicles which were travelling ahead of me, and didn't allowed any one to overtake me barring a POLO TDI , I managed to overtake it twice especially when speeds were such that RPM needle was within turbo range but finally the Polo guy must have got annoyed as I was only one to overtake him on the 70 km stretch of highway, Finally I felt that pickup & torque at higher RPMs (above turbo range) must be better in Polo than Avventura.
I somehow, explained my wife that it is the tall stance & high GC of the Avventura which faces more resistance from air as compared to Polo's squatted stance & low GC and hence he is easily overtaking the Avventura and Avventura seems to be struggling to overtake Polo when both the cars are running at high RPMs.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi tornado, I think you may start a travelogue on your konkan tour. It would be a good read. It would be nice to see Aventura with a blue sea in back drop. Any photos clicked in this way?

Thread Starter #28
Recently visited Dive Agar beach Maharashtra via Warandha Ghat. This Ghat exploits GC & suspension of Avventura very well, thanks to PWD. Posting some pics.

Attachments

Thread Starter #29
Updates :
Car is now 18000km run.
Experience so far : Hassle free ownership, fully satisfied.

Got the first free labour servicing done at 15000km.
Bill 7,500 approx. (Includes synthetic oil, oil filter , fuel filter, air filter)

After few days :
Also got the Seat height adjustment mechanism replaced FOC under warranty.

Though there was no complaint from my side, few parts of spare wheel gate lock mechanism replaced under warranty proactively warranty. This was carried out by FCA to prevent rattles in future.
Simultaneously, they upgraded the ECU software FOC as few cars had reported some jerkiness while running, though I did not had any such complaint.

FCA's meticulous follow up on phone about the servicing & warranty claims was reassuring for me & I can say that
Fiats are serious about the custemer care.

Why there is no official review full scale of Fiat Avventura like that of Ford Ecosport. The Avventura review gives the specs only. While ecosport has 493 pages.

Top Bottom