Bronzo Tan Fiat Avventura Emotion Diesel: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
Yes, GPS & reverse cam is a must.

As of now I am using my mobile's GPS, And I have installed a reverse cam, unknown brand, it is serving the purpose.

For you, I advise you to install reverse cam with distance meter,as cam is to be installed on the rear bumper and you will have to exclude the breadth of the spare wheel if only cam is installed.

AFA Polo is concerned, I own a Skoda Rapid powered by same engine & steering & suspension. Believe me it is the Avventura which brings more smile on my face as far as fun to drive factor is concerned.

Only time where I feel 1.5 TDI better than the fiat 1.3 MJD Avventura is while doing insane speeds(above 120) on highways. But comparing a mini SUV with hatch/sedan is wrong as the height & GC plays a crucial role in fun to drive at insane speeds.

@tornado:
Hv u installed reverse parking sensors / reverse camera / gps in ur italian beauty ..if so den at wat price n from where.... i spoke to the fiat guy in lucknow he had quoted 9.02 lacs on road inclusive of all discounts( free insurance n rto n cash discount included) plus 20,000 extra for the gps n camera.....which i think is a necessity if i m going to travel the length n breadth of the country with this beauty,...
I donot need GPS as today you have mobiles (android) .I have traveled to Bhutan from Kolkata and also to Chattisgarh in my Avvy without any GPS.

Reverse parking sensors are installed in my car. I donot have any camera. Yes they give an advantage during parking. But ultimately it's your eyes. Without these , you have to turn your back and head to see the back. I am driving from 1997 and these were not present then. With sensors , even today i turn my head to see the back. It's my habit.

Thread Starter #49
It seems I forgot to update that got car insurance renewed @ The new India Co. @RS 17217.in the month of Feb 2016 *
Few months back plastic cover of one of the fender got grazed with a pole while reversing the car. I had to get it replaced @R2k approx.

Also got my car's flooring laminated with rexine as there was possibility of flooring getting soiled as it visits my farms regularly & carries farm products for family consumption.

Car has now completed 37000km and it was time to change the tyres

Thread Starter #50

Attachments

Thread Starter #51
Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Fiat Avventura diesel.

Of late, one of my friend purchased Vitara Brezza.
Hence took feedback from him & then checked online owner's reviews (except TAI). Also got chance to drive both the cars back to back.
Following things found.
1) Turbo lag is more in case of Brezza in Ghats on the contrary Avventura is a breeze to drive on Ghat roads.
2)Body roll is controlled but still more in case of Brezza on hard cornering as compared to Avventura which has nil body roll. .

3) There are rattles coming from various places in the Brezza which haven't even completed 5 kkm.
Worst part is much hyped ' MASS is not able to diagnose & correct them within reasonable time under warranty.

In case of Avventura, there was a rattle originating from the spare wheel gate lock, however they were diagnosing it & correcting it within reasonable time.

4) Owners of Brezza are facing some ICE & Bluetooth connectivity problems for which MASS is not yet providing convincing answers.
5) The glass of the Brezza's fog lamp (including my friend 's) is breaking on its own (just due to breeze of wind! ) & MASS is replacing it under Warranty!!. Don't know what to call it a quality goof up or best ASS.

6) One of the owner of Brezza lost it's lining of the fender on its own while car was taken to bad (not so bad, not so good patch) which was also replaced under warranty.!

The name 'Brezza ' is a Italian word means 'breeze '. So MSIL has borrowed not only the engine but also the name from Italy.

Presence of above mentioned issues is being confessed by MSIL SA s also. As per one of the TAI ger SA s are rather asking prospective buyers to go for Baleno, Ciaz or Scross.

Thread Starter #52
Updates : Car has completed 75000km. Clutch plates (@Rs 6 to 8 k) needed to be replaced @ 65000 km. No other work /repair needed to be done barring replacement of mudflaps & wiper blades. I was surprised to know that FCA sells right & left wiper blades separately & you can choose to replace only one which needs replacement.

Some minor issues are there, 1) part of the bumper where front fog lamp is located got damaged during parking it near a stone, needs replacement. 2) rear right tail lamp cluster needs replacement as it was broken during reversing, but it's still working . 3)The aftermarket right front speaker is breaking the sound especially bass. 4) Media mode changes on its own from USB to Aux whenever headlight is switched to upper from the lower mode. 5) there is a rattle from left rear side.6) fuel lid flap doesn't get closed properly. 7)one of the clip which holds spare wheel cover on place is useless now needed to be fixed with a screw. These issues needs to be addressed during 75000 kkm service.
Also Michelin XM2 s have completed 40kkm might need replacement.

Thread Starter #53
It is exactly 1 year since last servicing(69000km) was carried out. Now the car has run 77-78000 km. I was about to go for a long trip hence opened the bonnet. Oil, battery water were OK but coolent level had gone bellow minimum mark, topped it up on my own . Also there was slight left pulling if I release the steering. Then booked an appointment for service after 2 days.
I mentioned all the above mentioned issues including coolent issue.

On TD, SA diagnosed the rattle due to improper reposition of foldable rear seats and taught me correct technique for the same. Fifty percent rattling noise reduced thereafter, then he checked rear wheels for any sideways walowy movement,and found that rear suspension elastic pad needs replacement.
Servicing & the repair was complete after 6 hrs.

Total bill 17,500 /-. includes suspension elastic pads (6k), rear brake shoes (6 k), fuel lid lock replacement (1.1k) ,WAWB, washing.

During post servicing TD, I noticed that all the rattles disappeared, but the left pulling issue was not solved & by now workshop was closed. Hence he asked me to come back after few days for realignment of the wheels. Also for the ICE issue he said that the ICE unit needs to be sent to Pune office for updating for which I had agreed upon already but it seems he forgot.

Top Bottom