Broken Rear Seat Lock in Toyota Liva

Thread Starter #1
While fixing the seat cover in my car (Liva), one of the plastic pieces that lock the rear seat in place has broken. The Toyota service centre claims that they have to replace the entire seat. Can anyone help me find a shop (Bangalore) that can fix this? For people who haven't seen the rear seat lock under the rear seat, it is just a plastic cylinder that locks into a slot in the body.

Re: Rear seat lock in Liva

I haven't seen the lock for Liva can you post a pic? Also if your car is under warranty have you asked them if this can be done warranty?

Thread Starter #3

I will post a pic soon. The seat covers were not done at the dealership. So, they said that they won't replace that part which was damaged due to the carelessness of the installer.

I know this option is not correct but you can give it a try.

remove all the seat covers and take you car to another dealer and tell him this happened by you when you had folded the seat for some reason. If they also do not agree to replace, you can try taking the car to a known local mechanic and ask if the problem can be corrected.

jango.

350Z

Core Team
The Toyota service centre claims that they have to replace the entire seat. Can anyone help me find a shop (Bangalore) that can fix this?
Sounds weird. If just the plastic cap is broken, it can (and should) be replaced without changing the complete seat. Just shoot a mail to Toyota Customer Care without mentioning whoever’s fault it was and see what they have to comment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom