Brand New Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in White. My Experience.

hey rohan hows the car doing? sorry dint catch up with your thread before. Im terribly late

driving on hills is a bliss with this car, no efforts needed, just wished the horns were a bit louder.
by the way regarding your ac, spray some water on the coils from the front, i did that a week back and ac is cooling well now. but yeah it takes time to bring down temps in this heat were having.

Thread Starter #64
hey rohan hows the car doing? sorry dint catch up with your thread before. Im terribly late

driving on hills is a bliss with this car, no efforts needed, just wished the horns were a bit louder.
by the way regarding your ac, spray some water on the coils from the front, i did that a week back and ac is cooling well now. but yeah it takes time to bring down temps in this heat were having.
Glad you mentioned .
Car was doing pretty fine but I am having a weird problem from last two days . At low speeds i can hear weird noises as if a branch or stick is being dragged and scratched below . I can see nothing BTW . It sounds like as if the tire is touching the body ! I am taking the car tomorrow at Sharayu , i hope its not serious .

Regarding the horn , yes the default one were not good and i have replaced them with skoda horn @ Rs550 .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #66
thats strange.
ensure you stay around while they fix it.
Just took my car to sharayu and had a test drive with their engineer . It seems noise is coming from the front right alloy but he too wasnt 100% sure .
He said they would rectify this by 5pm today and give me a call . No charges applied since its covered under warranty . He also agreed to take care of few scratches free of charge !
Anyway i cant stay there , need to be at my office , currently typing this from my office desk .

Hey Rohan can you just tell me what is the mileage you getting in city. I am getting 11-12 km/l max in city in bumper to bumper traffic, but this car gave me 15 km/l in the first week after taking the delivery of the car. Yesterday I drove approximately 50 km on NH6 and MID was showing 19.5km/l, which is pretty good but why is my mileage dropping so much in city driving, any idea ???

Thread Starter #70
Hey guys sorry for the late reply , i was busy these days .
@ AMIT AGARWAL , yes even in am getting less FE in bumper to bumper traffic . I get around 11-12.5 but on highways i get 17-20 . Few days back i went to Pune from Navi mumbai , drew on the express way at around 100kmph most of the time and yet i still got 18kmpl . I think its the gears ratio you drive on .

@fluidic1.6sxcrdi No i have not yet got the seat covers . This month i am planning on seat covers and ICE upgrade . There is custom seat cover shop here in vashi and you can select your own material , color , design etc for your cover and they are cheap too , the owner is a friend of mine , prices can vary from 3.5k to 50k. I had done my swifts covers from him and they were good . They look like leather but are actually rexin type , it cost me 3.5k . For verna i am looking for even better ones @5-6k , elsewhere you would find them for 2-3k more .

Also about the weired noises that were coming from the front wheel was actually a big lump of tar the size of a lemon somehow got stuck in the front alloy and was causing friction . Showroom fixed it free of cost , no damage done .

Thread Starter #71
As time has past its seems the engine has become a bit more responsive and fun to drive . Acceleration has increased and i have touched 150kmph and i am not glad about it . Handling has improved or its just that i may have adapted to it . Overall i am really happy till now .

Two days ago gave my car to a college going cousin of mine who wanted to impress some of the girls at his college fest and this is what he has done [anger]. Thats it for his big show off !

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72
Took the car at a garage and did some paint job and it looks a little better , still some polishing has to be done .
Forgot to mention , I am facing a very annoying problem . One out of ten times when i get out of the car and press the lock on the remote , the lock doesnt respond . I have to put the key back in ignition and then remove it , then only it works . Changing keys does not help either . I cant show this issue to the showroom because it happens only once out of ten .

Thread Starter #73
Time to upgrade some accessories .
First the seat covers . Got them from a local shop , the owner knows me well and after bargaining got them for Rs4700 including fitting .

Also added illuminated foot scuff plates for Rs 1300 including fitting although had a tough time installing them , faced problems like light not glowing on all doors , if one light is on then other wont lit etc , installer was a young guy but finally got all working in 1.5 hours !

In 3-4 days i am upgrading my ICE so need all your expert advise , I am noob in this field !
After talking to shopkeeper( yet to bargain ) i am thinking of ...
JBL 4 channel amp @ Rs5500 , Infinity/JBL components at front @ Rs 4500 , JBL/Sony 8" woofer + enclosure @ ~ Rs5000 , fitting Rs800 and wiring Rs1200 .
My budget is around 17-18k for the ICE upgrade and i dont need to show off the loud boom boom effect , just for my listening pleasure !

Forgot to mention , also done floor lamination @Rs1400 and getting beige color 3D floor mats for Rs 2000 .

Attachments

The illuminated door sils are looking great.

What about that bumper scratch? Post some pictures of the mended job.

The car seats look good! Did you get a cover for the front and back arm rests as well?

Rohan - even I am planning for a ICE upgrade or atleast a speaker upgrade. Do post your experiences - I am little reluctant to open the stock ICEs.

Top Bottom