Brand New Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in White. My Experience.

The reverse parking camera does its job to perfection. Of Course on any day seeing is always better than hearing right [:)]

I would say it is a luxury feature (meaning you can live without it) but definitely helpful.

Thread Starter #32
How is the reverse parking camera ? Is it any helpful than a normal sensor or just a luxury feature ?
I think the reverse camera is an important feature specially for someone like me who use to drive a hatchback earlier . The camera quality is good and even in pitch dark conditions all obstacles are shown properly ! I have seen some aftermarket cameras that dont show anything in bright sunlight or dark conditions . Even the sensors do the job well .

Thread Starter #34
Today a stupid old driver scratched my front right mirror on a narrow lane . I was completely at halt and before even i could fold the mirrors the other driver moved causing his mirror to collide with mine . I couldn't even shout at him because of his age . I heard just a small click noise when the mirrors collided but later when i saw the damage the scratch was as big as a finger . The white paint peals fast and the external build quality of verna is also not that strong ! Didnt click a pic since i was in a hurry .
Is there any substance that i can apply so that i can hide the scratch . I am thinking of white nail polish .

@Rohan. Feeling bad for that scratch buddy. It hurts when our car gets scratched and much more when its new and its not your fault.
BTW did the mirror flipped when it got banged? I want to know is does the mirror folds manually if it gets bangged or if someone forces it?
IMO dont do anything on it. Leave it as it is. Using a nail polish or so will make it look bad too. Post some pics of the scratch.

lxi.

Suspended
Today a stupid old driver scratched my front right mirror on a narrow lane . I was completely at halt and before even i could fold the mirrors the other driver moved causing his mirror to collide with mine . I couldn't even shout at him because of his age . I heard just a small click noise when the mirrors collided but later when i saw the damage the scratch was as big as a finger . The white paint peals fast and the external build quality of verna is also not that strong ! Didnt click a pic since i was in a hurry .
Is there any substance that i can apply so that i can hide the scratch . I am thinking of white nail polish .
Very bad to hear about the scratch. These are getting avoidable these days.
So, Your car got its Brush Stroke! (Kidding)

You can go to any aftermarket paint shop and get some touch up work done there, It will hardly take 15 minutes. Dont do any Nail polish work over there. It will be too glossy and will not match with the car's colour.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #37
BTW did the mirror flipped when it got banged? I want to know is does the mirror folds manually if it gets bangged or if someone forces it?
IMO dont do anything on it. Leave it as it is. Using a nail polish or so will make it look bad too. Post some pics of the scratch.
The mirror did not flip , collision was not that hard . But these mirrors do flip if we push them inside but it is not advisable .
My father has a old habit of folding the mirror of the driver side manually whenever he gets out of the car , i have warned him about that but he keeps forgetting . So what happens is that he folds one mirror manually and other is kept open . So next time when i press the button to fold the mirrors automatically , one mirror folds and a weird noise comes from the other as if it has got stuck !
Also i should mention that this automatic mirror folding button works even when there is no key in the car .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38
You can go to any aftermarket paint shop and get some touch up work done there, It will hardly take 15 minutes. Dont do any Nail polish work over there. It will be too glossy and will not match with the car's colour.

Cheers.
The scratch is not big enough to go to a paint shop but if kept like that it doesn't look good since its on the front drivers side mirror and i have to see it every time i get in the car [cry]

lxi.

Suspended
No problem buddy. A scratch is a scratch. Be it a small one by a key or a large one on the full body of the car. So, GO TO THE PAINTSHOP while you pass by from there and ask the guy to do a small touch up job there. He will not take any money. [:)]
I have even gone to a paint shop just because there was a scratch by the CAR's KEY while opening the boot, The guy didnt took any money (He didnt use even the spray waali thing, He just bought a can and did it with a matchstick!)!

Dont worry Mr.Rohan,
Go to dealer, they will do the touchup work with the same colour shade. I have done 3 times at front bumper and rear pumber.

The mirror did not flip , collision was not that hard . But these mirrors do flip if we push them inside but it is not advisable .
My father has a old habit of folding the mirror of the driver side manually whenever he gets out of the car , i have warned him about that but he keeps forgetting . So what happens is that he folds one mirror manually and other is kept open . So next time when i press the button to fold the mirrors automatically , one mirror folds and a weird noise comes from the other as if it has got stuck !
Also i should mention that this automatic mirror folding button works even when there is no key in the car .
Thanks for the info buddy. Glad to know that it folds manually. Else I would be left with hanging mirrors on my yet to be delivered verna sx!!! I stay in very bad area where these idiot kids as well as adults keeps figiting with mirrors checkingout themselves as if they are looking like Salman khan or not. Most of the time the car is covered but if it is not covered; then God can only save the car!

Last edited:
It is always better to do this small paint job done at local paint shop dealer otherwise the service center will kill your pocket for this small job. I have paid 4k for small paint job for my front bumper.

lxi.

Suspended
Thanks for the info buddy. Glad to know that it folds manually. Else I would be left with hanging mirrors on my yet to be delivered verna sx!!! I stay in very bad area where these idiot kids as well as adults keeps figiting with mirrors checkingout themselves as if they are looking like Salman khan or not. Most of the time the car is covered but if it is not covered; then God can only save the car!
Gears, LOL! :lol!: Heres a trick, (As I do in my City) , When i clean the car, I leave the Mirror area (MAybe bonnet also) so that dust settles on it! Thus the children will not dare to sit on the bonnet or touch the ORVMs. You can try this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont worry Mr.Rohan,
Go to dealer, they will do the touchup work with the same colour shade. I have done 3 times at front bumper and rear pumber.
Ravia, You made a typo here, Its BUMPER instead of PUMBER. This had me in splits for a few seconds.(I thought it to be PLUMBER!)

I checked with the Service Adviser when I serviced my Verna and he said there is absolutely no problem in folding the mirrors manually.

Gears, LOL! :lol!: Heres a trick, (As I do in my City) , When i clean the car, I leave the Mirror area (MAybe bonnet also) so that dust settles on it! Thus the children will not dare to sit on the bonnet or touch the ORVMs. You can try this!
Thanks for the suggestion buddy; but my car's body cover is so dirty that no one even dares to take its support and stand beside my car. Yes I spoil my clothes while putting and removing it; but I can live with it.[:D]

I checked with the Service Adviser when I serviced my Verna and he said there is absolutely no problem in folding the mirrors manually.
Oh thats a good news for me! Thanks a lot Aristo for the info. I am feeling relived now..Phew...[sleep]

Top Bottom