Brand New Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in White. My Experience.

Thread Starter #1
My 7 year old two wheeler TVS victor GL was giving me a lot of headache and hence i decided it was time to get a new set of wheels . My office was in mumbai central from last 1.5 years and i always used the fastest mode of transpot to reach there i.e the mumbai locals .

But last year in june i got a raise and my office shifted me from mumbai central to navi mumbai's Mahape area . I myself reside in navi mumbai and hence i started going there on my 2 wheeler .I hate traveling by local buses and can go on and on about them this whole page but thats another problem to be discussed later .

As said earlier TVS was going nuts and hence i went and booked A Bajaj Avenger . Yes you read it right i booked A bajaj first . Soon tragedy struck , one of my cousins met with an accident on his two wheeler and suffered severe injury . He recovered soon but it meant doom for my new two wheeler dream . Dad told me to cancel the booking and mom even refused to talk with me if i went ahead with my decision on Avenger . To add to my irony even my girlfriend agreed with them who never complained earlier while traveling with me on my bike ! This is what i call emotional attyachaar !

We already have a Maruti Swift VDi and i used to take it to office for a month but that meant dad had to travel with uncle on his construction sites . Soon it was decided that we purchase another 4 wheeler and this time i decided that it would be my first one .
Budget was decided so that i would pay an EMI of approximate around 10-12k per month . My girlfriend with whom i am getting married this december was very particular about it and didnt want the EMI to be above our budget .
So the cars i started testing for around a budget of 6-7lackhs were VW Polo , I20 , figo and punto , all diesels since petrol prices were increasing like Pamela Anderson's assets .
All these cars were test driven by me but they did not seem like an upgrade to our existing swift . Another month went on and i decided on an entry level sedan . This would increase my EMI for 2k which made my GF furious but i convinced her its for the greater good ! [;)]

My options were Swift Dzire , Etios , Verito and base model of Vento . Again Dzire was canceled since its just a swift with a boot , verito was canceled because of its looks and taxi like nature , also one of my cousin has a logan . Went to see Etios and it looked just like a verito to me . The interiors were cheap and after driving it , no offence to anyone but it actually felt like a downgrade from swift for me ! Why Toyota ? Vento base model was featureless and yet expensive .Another month was passing and i was still undecided .

Fate seemed to have written something else and one day we got the news that the cousin which i mentioned earlier who met with the accident fell again from his bike and this time had his elbow fractured . This made dad come to his senses and he asked me what was going on or should he buy the car instead . I told him about the budget problems and lack of choices and my likes .
Next day it was a holiday and i was still at my bed . Dad walked in my room and handed over me a 2 lackh check :) He said this should solve the problem and i was bedazzled for a moment .

With an increase in the budget my choice was obviously the Vento highline model . But next day one of my friend told me about the new fluidic verna . Made a call and fixed a test drive . The moment i saw the car , it was love at first site . Even the test drive seemed fair enough .

There itself i decided on Verna CRDi SX model . But then came a bummer , Sharayu Hyundai of Navi mumbai claimed 8 month waiting period for the car . This was insane . Putting political pressure just for a faster delivery seemed ridiculous and hence i started looking for other options . The same friend told me about another new showroom in panvel called Kaizan Hyundai which was opened just few months earlier . Went there and they claimed 4 month waiting . Deposited 75k that day itself ( september 20th ) and started waiting . Father was not convinced even with the 4 month waiting time but i calmed him down .

Even with the addition of 2 lackhs my EMI increased by another 1k , i haven't mentioned this to my girlfriend . Hope she doesn't read this .[:D] Increasing the budget more wold get me a divorce even before getting married ![shock]

December went on and still there was no call from Kaizan . Finally on 12th January i went to the showroom along with couple of friends and as usual got the reply that the production was slow and they need another 2 months !
This didnt go well with me and after abusing them for next 10-15 days i told one of my relative who is a local politician to accompany me . Just one threat from him was enough for them and the sales manager agreed to deliver the car within 10 days !
Got a call after few days and they said my car would arrive on 10th february . So in all , around 1 month late then promised but i was happy this time .

Twice i had decided to cancel the booking and consider the VW vento and new Ford Fiesta but i am glad that i didnt !
Due to busy schedule and finding a good day , 20th february was decided as the delivery date . Later i was told that the car actually didnt arrive on 10th but on 15th . Lucky them !
20th arrived and i bunked my office , got to the showroom at 11 am and did the PDI that day itself .
ODO showed 67 kms and the rest of the PDI result was good .

Got no discounts from the showroom . Free accessories were floor mats , mud flaps , a cheap bottle of AC perfume , some chocolates which my friends cherished and just 5 litres of free diesel .

This whole experience was like choosing a bride ! Someone said it right , choosing a car is like choosing a bride .

Sorry for all the above boring details but i had to get it out . Now for the short review since i have completed 5 days and some pictures .

Looks :
Exteriors - Do i have to say anything , just look at some of the pics .

Interiors : Again i think its best in class . The fake wood finish and the choice of interior colors and materials speak premium . Build quality is ok . Front seats are comfortable and my mom likes the rear seats . I must admit that rear seating position is little low with slight less thigh support but bot a big issue .
Features : I wont bore you all with feature list , i bet all of you have already found out the wide range of feature lists of fluidic verna from net but one of my favourite is the reverse camera , its clear even at dark and i never felt this much confident while parking even with my swift .

Handling & Performance :
Now comes the main part . I have read so many issues regarding the handling of new verna . Let me tell you that the steering is super light and i like it that way .It is light and just what the doctor ordered for effortless scything through crowded urban streets and squeezing into tight parking spots . People driving trucks may not like it ! Even at highways it did not feel disconnected to me . I did not go over 120 yet . I will update results as days go by .
People who are complaining about the suspension and noise should sit in my swift . Roads in navi mumbai are a mess . One has to search for roads in potholes .
Low speed ride is good with the softly set-up suspension ably absorbing all but the largest potholes. Even at speeds between 80kmph i never felt the suspension giving up or thud noises mentioned by others .

Pick-up is good but i feel my swift accelerates faster ! You can feel a pull in speed only after RPM's higher then 2000 . All verna diesel users do one thing , on 4th gear remove your foot from the accelerator and observe that the car still moves above 50-60kmph . This tells us the power of the 1.6 CRDi engine . My dealer told me not to accelerate above 80 for first 1000km and i agreed . But the first day itself while taking the car from showroom to my house on the bypass highway while cruising i just looked at the ODO and was surprised to see that i was driving at 110 . Even at that speed the noise level was good and engine was super smooth .

Economy :
Engine is fairly tractable for normal driving and you don’t have to constantly work the smooth-shifting gearbox. Tall gearing may have dulled the diesel Verna’s performance but it has also enhanced mileage.
As of now i am getting 10-13 in city traffic which will surely increase after first service .

In new Verna what you get is smashing styling and really well designed and comfortable interiors.Also, low speed ride is good and the light steering is a boon in the city. And given the long list of equipment on offer, you do get a whole lot of car for your money.
Here are some pics that i have clicked . More detailed pics coming soon . Anyone who wishes for pictures from different angles can mention in this thread , i will try to click them for you guys .

There are few threads running on this forum regarding fluidic verna and they have helped me a lot . I have tried getting help from another forum in which i just cant register ! It seems they need good writers then good members .
Special thanks to TAI for giving me this opportunity and all other members in this forum who have helped me .

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Brand new Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in white . My experience .

Congratulations rohan for the new Verna [clap]and as always it looks superb in White. Happy Mile munching buddy.

@Rohan.

Your beast is cool. :).

Please post some interior pics. would love to see them.

and is there a remote for your ICE (Music System). wow please click pic of that too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats man for the lovely car its raining Verna Crdi 1.6 in TAI. Even I am taking the delivery of my 1.6 Crdi SX Carbon Grey on Tuesday initially was planning to take it on Sunday but mom said Tuesday so Tuesday it is.

Do you have any plans to upgrade the ICE or anything. I have decided to change the speakers to Hertz or Kicker.

lxi.

Suspended

Congratulations Rohan! Very nice write-up buddy!
I am a great fan of Verna's fluidic philosophy!
The front looks (Especially the foglamps) are just Killer!

Nice pics. Looks Elegant and beautiful in White. Wish you Crore Kms of Mile Crunching!

Cheers!

Rohan happy for u, never good to keep waiting for the car! Hyundai really need to make the deal transparent which is currently soo dealer specific.

Thread Starter #8
Re: Brand new Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in white, My experience

Thanks everyone !

@Rohan.

Please post some interior pics. would love to see them.

and is there a remote for your ICE (Music System). wow please click pic of that too.
The remote in the picture above is is actually the audio remote . And sure i will post more pictures .

Do you have any plans to upgrade the ICE or anything. I have decided to change the speakers to Hertz or Kicker.
Yes actually i am planning on adding a pair of component at back and an amp . But i must admit the audio output from the default setup is not bad for an OEM product . It may lack some bass but it sounds descent to me .

Rohan happy for u, never good to keep waiting for the car! Hyundai really need to make the deal transparent which is currently soo dealer specific.
Absolutely , i must agree . Many people are considering different car just because they cant wait . Here people are paying 50k for a quick delivery . If Hyundai doesnt realize this then they are loosing in profits and they are themselves to be blamed .
Is there something wrong , i am not able to multiquote messages !

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats Rohan!! Welcome to the Fluidic Club [clap]. What accessories are you planning on your car??

lxi.

Suspended

Buddy, If you are going to add components at the rear, and are sure for buying an amp, Then close your eyes and also bring a Subwoofer with the amp. As, Perfect music (Which comes with amp) is incomplete without proper bass (Which comes with Sub).
Better get one!

Thread Starter #11

Congrats Rohan!! Welcome to the Fluidic Club [clap]. What accessories are you planning on your car??
Right now i am planning for llumar sunfilms at side and front , skoda horn , illuminated scuff plates , comps and amp . Already got a full body cover .

Buddy, If you are going to add components at the rear, and are sure for buying an amp, Then close your eyes and also bring a Subwoofer with the amp. As, Perfect music (Which comes with amp) is incomplete without proper bass (Which comes with Sub).
Better get one!
I will get a sub later sometime thats why i am planning on 4 channel amp . I must admit i am not a bass freak . Just require clean output with moderate bass and not that boom boom ! I have audioengine desktop speakers at home so clear sound output is a must for me .

Congrats for the beauty.The Verna is selling like hot cake.Do update about the handling issues.

Thread Starter #13
Update . Got LLumar Sunfilms at sides , rear and front . Laminated the floor and scratched first speedbreaker when 7 of my office friends came for a ride , we were 8 in total ! Circus !
Later went for a 120Km trip with family. Handling issues and suspension issues come if the car is fully loaded . At high speeds it feels a little bouncy for rear passengers . Luckily we were only 4 for most of the trip and so not much of an issue .

Thread Starter #14
With 4 people sitting , we didnt scrap a single breaker , even the large ones although most of the times i reduced my speeds at as low as 10-20 .

Top Bottom