Bought Used Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour (2016)

Thread Starter #17
Hi there,

Today I recieved music player of my car. The panel was taken by owner before selling the car and he had promised to send it soon. Today he did and it's Sony cdx-G1150U. Comes with CD player, AUX, FM and USB support. Door speaker is working and have to install rear speakers. Nearby car decor shop quoted 3000 for JBL 6 inches pair and ,1850 for normal speakers. Will buy speakers and Bluetooth device soon Along with car perfume.

Thread Starter #18
Hello there, so it's been a month since we bought our car and have run it for 1200+ km. So here are the things I have noticed.

I am a sedate driver and maintain 80kph average speed on Highway , there is speed limit so I don't take risk and drive fast.
As the car has older tyres they make lot of noise even after closing the window glasses. You can feel the road noise inside the cabin.
Mileage has been satisfactory, though I have not measured it by thankful method but rough estimate is around 19.5 kmpl. The fuel needle is misleading, it won't drop in a long Highway trip and suddenly it will come down.
Knowing the limit and using it within the limits will make you get the best out of it. Above 100 you are not that confident with the way it handles so it's best to drive it Below 100.
The AC is working, but takes time to cool the cabin in day time but once it is cool keeping it at 1 position is enough. The engine sound increases after you switch on the AC.

Thread Starter #19
Hello there,

I am facing an issue with my car. While driving,at speed above 60 I am hearing noise from wheels, it's a faint sound like tak tak. I showed it to my mechanic and after taking a drive he is saying that noise is coming from Drive shaft and bearing. These need to be replaced and cost estimate is around 15k.

Car has no alignment issue as wheel alignment and balancing was done last month itself. Should I get a second opinion about this? Or if anyone has faced such issue with their car can guide me.

Thread Starter #20
Hi everyone I hope all are safe.

Dzire has done around 3500 km since we bought it, 80% of the travel is done on Highway (NH-44). There's speed limit of 80 that's why mileage has been good. Last month bought two new Bridgestone S248 tyres for it, actually wanted to change 4 at once in the coming months but due to lot of road noise and tyres being old i didn't want to take risk. The rear ones will be changed by next month. The road noise has decreased after changing the tyres and last month changed front disc as well,each costs 1200. But breaks are making screeching sound when applied.

Another thing was sound coming at 80 kmph speed. Mechanic said it's due to drive shaft and it needs to be changed. When drive shaft were removed found that rubber that covers joint was torn and grease was leaking. Showed it to a guy who repairs drive shaft and he said they are in good condition and only rubber has to installed, he took 300 for each and applied grease. The sound has reduced a lot now and I rarely observe it. So happy with the outcome.

Thread Starter #21
Alternator Failur : 2 days back the car broke down forthe first time since we bought it. I took it out to buy some groceries from nearby and did not notice that battery symbol was showing in dashboard. The car was not accelerating even after pressing pedal. After buying groceries when I tried to crank it didn't start, I waited for few minutes and then tried it started and after going 2kms it again stopped. It was nearby my home so I Parked it on open plot and tried to Jumpstart it, it did start but will turn off soon.

The mechanic came and looked at it and said it's an alternator issue and car needs to be towed to his workshop. At that time recovery vehicle was not available so I gave the battery for charging and the next day again I tried to start it, it started and carefully took it to workshop. The alternator pulley and belt were faulty. Belt was torn and pulley was not working so he replaced those two parts. Parts cost was 2000 and labor charge was 1000 including OBD scanning. The service light I saw at dashboard was due to glow plugs. He suggested to replace all 4 plugs so that there won't be any starting issues.

I have run 5000 kms till now and will service it after 3000 more kms so I will replace the plugs at that time. Overall I was satisfied with his work. Battery is also working fine now.

Thread Starter #22
Hi there, hope everyone is doing good.

Have completed 6000 km till now and faced a few issues as well. The battery drained sometime back when I was about to leave for a function with a family. Thank God it happened before starting the trip otherwise it would be difficult. Car was not sitting idle, it was running daily but that day I cleaned the car and parked it and when we were about to leave I turn the key and saw that dashboard lights were flashing and self start was not working. Immediately took friend's wagonR and attended the function.

The next day removed battery and gave it for charging, the existing battery is 2021 December make but is of local brand. New amaron battery is priced at 7000 with exchange but I thought let's see if this battery works or not. The next day battery was working well but I didn't know why it drained earlier. For now it is working fine.

I have purchased sony speakers, a perfume and gear rod cover. While installing the cover, knob was removed and now it is rotating freely. I have to fix it tight. I have observed that with AC running at 2 speed and 4 or 5 people sitting, the car is struggling to move in second gear in traffic or over pot holes. Maybe due to the age of the car or I guess it has clocked more kilometers than the odo shows.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Alternator Failur : 2 days back the car broke down
The mechanic came and looked at it and said it's an alternator issue Battery is also working fine now.
The battery drained sometime back when I was about to leave for a function. The next day battery was working well but I didn't know why it drained earlier.
If battery is working fine then :
1) It might still be alternator issue.
2)Some accessory is draining the battery continuously
3)There is earthing/leak of battery current from some wire cut, somewhere in the engine bay or dashboard
4) Loose wire connections around battery.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
Battery Replaced :- Bought new Amaron battery last week as existing one was draining quickly. Car won't be idle for more than 2 days but still battery will discharge and car won't start. Did not want to take risk so Bought the new one and installed. Costed 5800 INR and comes with 55 months warranty.

There was water leakage issue from rear i think car was hit from behind and due to this there would be gap when boot is closed. Water would enter into bootspace so fixed that issue by a known person. Car has done 7500 km since last service and am planning to get service done by next month. Have some issues that need to be solved.

Minor dents and scratches on rear bumper and door, the rear suspension is weak, even if two people are sitting in back seats the gap between tyre and wheel arch is very small .I think bushes need a replacement.
The mileage in city is around 15 with ac and on highways it is above 20 and I rarely cross 80kmph speed due to speed restrictions.

Thread Starter #25
Hello there, Hope everyone is safe

Since last update i have changed the rear suspensions of the car, bought monroe brand which cost 3000 for two pieces. Got them installed by local mechanic, asked him to check oil level and condition and he said it can be changed after 2000 more kms. Bought a car cover as it is parked in open all the time. Faced rat issue, he chewed the insulation behind bonnet and also cut fog lights wire. Since then i observe more engine noise entering cabin. Need to find a solution soon otherwise it will damage more.

Apart from this no issues faced, car does 200km trips once a week and highway mileage is satisfactory. What i observed is with 5 people in car and AC running at 3x I was driving in hilly roads of Jubilee hills and film nagar in hyderabad. the car would struggle to move in 2nd gear , I had to move it in 1st gear when there was steep incline. And when there is load it runs so planted and suspension gets soft and comfortable at highway speeds, when i drive alone i can feel the difference in how it behaves. It does have enough power to pull the weight .

In next month I will get it serviced and share the cost of repairs.

Thread Starter #26
Hello there,

Its been a very long time since I last posted here. There have been some updates about the car which i wanted to share. 1st one is that it went for Oil change and service at 1.15 lakh km. we bought it at 1.05 and after running 10k km the engine oil was changed along with AC filter air filter and oil filter and its cap. The bill was 3000 including parts and mechanic charge. It would have been lesser but the guy broke the oil filter cap while trying to open it and thus had to be replaced. It costed around 800 otherwise bill would have been lesser.

The car has now got 2 more new tyres, earlier 2 were bought and now it has Bridgestone tyres. The front disc were installed last year and the brake pads worn out within 10k km and disc also had scratches on it , the brakes were not effective and were making noise when applied. I thought brake pads would last at least 20k km but worn out quickly.
IMG_20230302_150258.jpg

You can see the lines formed on the surface, mechanic suggested to get it resurfaced on lathe machine and put new brake pads.
There was one more issue that came up, horn will activate itself without pressing the horn pad.
Screenshot 2023-03-14 105748.jpg

There is a small plastic part which keeps two plates away , it has a spring when we press the horn the two plates come in contact and we hear the sound. The right side part was broken so the plates were in contact constantly. I searched in so many shops but they did not have the part. They said I have to buy the whole steering setup which costs 1500. I found one Dzire which was accidental, It was parked in a garage I went and asked him if he could provide me that small part. He gave me the part but demanded 300 rupees for it, he was kind of rude but I needed that part so i took it.

The steering was hard when we turn left side but right side was smooth. The new steering rack is 35k in MGP, while for latest versions it is under 8k. I found one in Hyderabad for 7000 rupees, it was of same 2016 model car's. The suspension is also changed along with steering rack and now car is very silent on bad roads. The total bill came at 27500 including steering rack, brake pads and suspension and mechanic charges. Got it washed from inside out and it looks so clean now.
IMG_20230309_170209.jpg

Getting the final touch at garage.
IMG_20230309_165906.jpg

The interior looks so neat and shining now.
IMG_20230309_165921.jpg

IMG_20230307_093009.jpg
IMG_20230307_093025.jpg
IMG_20221020_173317.jpg

Car parked outside home. The odo stands at 1.21 lakh km now and it has been running smooth. with 5 people on board and AC on I observed that it is lagging a bit and need to get into 1st gear sometimes. Last week went to Hyderabad and drove on Jubilee Hills Film Nagar roads which have steep inclines, had to move in 1st gear in traffic. On straight roads it cruises on 120 with ease but I drive around 80kmph only because we have speed limit on NH44. Have checked mileage using tankful method and it returned 20kmpl over 480 km range (50% city and 50% highway) with AC on most of the times. Very satisfied with the mileage am getting with this car.

Attachments

Thread Starter #27
A quick question about coolant. How many kilometers does coolant last? I have changed coolant last year, should I change it now or it can be used for some more time.

I have run about 15k since last coolant change. Should I drain and replace it or top up coolant?
And which one is good for the car?

Thread Starter #29
I think you can do a coolant flush as it is 1L+kms.
When we bought it last year I remember coolant was flushed as radiator and turbo was repaired. I am not seeing car getting overheating but still I will get it flushed and add fresh coolant.

And i am not sure about the meter reading as it was previously a yellow plate vehicle used as a cab. So it must have run more in last 6 years.

Top Bottom