Bought Second Hand LML Vespa

Thread Starter #92
took one day leave and drove all the way to calicut to confront the fitter who was evading. i had paid all the money needed for the renewal of the rc before onam. but he delayed it.( must have celebrated onam with my money[lol].) he has finally given the rc for renewal and the inspection of the vehicle is slated for next Tuesday. hopefully will get my vehicle by Wednesday.[:)][roll]

Thread Starter #94
Happy news mates got him home today[:D][:D][:D]. got up at 5am caught the parashuram express from payangadi went to calicut with my wifey along. she was adamant to come with me. reached the workshop by 9.30 am. lock of the front box not fixed and the vehicle wouldn't start. the fitter then came by 10.30 am amd fiddled with the wires and voila it roared to life.did a small ride on it. but was fidgety with the control. am riding a scooter after a very long time. wasn't sure if i would be able to ride her to kannur a good 125 kms. took her to my ancestral home for dad to see. also he i still the owner in the rc. he also had spent money in buying him. by 12.45 pm me and wifey started back to kannur and reached by 5.15 pm.
ISSUES NOTICED -1) slipping of the second and occassionaly 3rd gears
2) speedo not working.
3)stopper bush on the wings that stops the side step not fixed.

Attachments

Thread Starter #95
dear friends i am in trouble the wiring kit of my scoot has gone kaput & its not available here. can any one help me in getting it.

dear friends i am in trouble the wiring kit of my scoot has gone kaput & its not available here. can any one help me in getting it.
Hi, Rajeev

What do you mean, the entire wiring? I belong to Kanpur from where the LML Vespa came from,[glasses] however, I am out of the country, so let me talk to my mechanic who restored my '82 Bajaj Super, http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/nostalgic-era/24056-restored-my-bajaj-super-82-a.html

Let me know the complete details, model year etc, as well as the part No. maybe I can help, moreover, how much hindi do you know, if you need to talk to him directly.

Your Vasp is nicely restored.

regards

vinod

Thread Starter #98
dear vinod thanks for the reply.i can speak hindi as i studied in kendriya vidyalaya and use hindi frequently as i have patients from the navy and crpf. its a 1996 model lml vespa, i think its the vespa NE. these vespa scooters comes with the whole wiring as a kit and is replaced as a whole unlike the lambretta which can be wired. the problem gets exaggerated as the different models have different kits.

Last edited:

Top Bottom