i did send a mail to mitula cars regarding this. but haven't received any reply.
the scooter is still at my native place at calicut. it was serviced by a local mechanic. but has been sitting idle in our garage. i plan to bring it to kannur and get it restored completely . here is a snap i took yesterday
Must restore it; the engine and mechanicals are indestructible if taken care of properly. Lohia motors is still making these scooters with a 150cc four stroke engine and so you could get most panels/body parts brand new. Check out their website Lml World- Index.aspx for lml - Redirect - fr. Let me know if you require any technical assistance/part for the restoration. If need be I shall ship you the part.
Do an image search on the internet. Type 'Vespa PX125/150/200' and you shall get lots of ideas for paint schemes, seats, decals, etc. All the best and keep this thread updated.
sorry for the late entry SR, and congratulations on getting hold on to this scooter.
Eagerly waiting to see its restoring done and as sam said, do have a look at the paint options as well as modifications you would want to have done on this beauty.
i have given my scooter to a tinkerer at calicut for starting the restoration today. i have given him an advance amount to cajole him to start the work at the earliest. he says that the floor has rusted and will have to be replaced completely.
Checklist of items to be taken care of while restoring.
- change oil & air filter
- flush all engine oil
- check for any rusted part
- check for all electrical system [I think this model does not have battery, you can ask mechanic for making circuit for battery]. New wiring set must be available in the LML service store.
- check for tyres
- check for brake lines and drum
- check for any vibrations and squeak sound.
- change all cable for smoother handling
the engine oil has been changed and the scooter was driven to the tinkerer's place by the mechanic. the things i have noted that has to be changed-
1) All the 3 tyres 2) the back foot rest 3) the complete wiring 4) the 2 shocks.4) all the cables5) both the rims 6) the front bearing.
yes sam the engine doesn't need any work , its running nicely. sam have you noted the seat of the vespa that you have posted above, is the same available in india?