Bought My First Car - Maruti 800 AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #466
hey,I Just Read the previous post.And Sorry for that.Everything Will Be all Right.Don`t be upset. He/she will get well soon.buddy.keep smiling.smile is the only solution in problem [:)]
Thanks a lot. Yeah, smiling does help a lot.

The amount you got is ok.. But any way it helped you !!

So are you taking it for a final spin ??
No I am not taking it anywhere, I have just parked it outside my home (actually very close to the wall, unusually close). I will straight away hand over to the new owner. I am too sad to drive it.

Today I finished all my domestic work & spent some time in the car.

Topped up the Battery with Distilled water - 12.92 V when engine is off.
3-battery top up-001.jpg

Also added water to the coolant tank & windshield wiper tank.

Used the 3M polish I had for dashboard, door pads, handles etc. Also cleaned the glove box.kept some spare fuses in the car. Tied all hanging wires. Cleaned carpets & wiped window glass with Colin.

5-interior polish (1)-001.jpg

6-interior polish (2)-001.jpg

Bought a small gift for the new owner & got it gift wrapped. Also a small sweet box & a new cleaning cloth.
1-gift-001.jpg

2-sweet 3 items-001.jpg

Ribbon decoration for the bonnet.
4-Ribbon-001.jpg

Just now arranged one set of original docs & one set of photocopies for him to carry. Any idea on how much is ownership transfer cost in Yeshwanthpur RTO through agent/Driving school?

I am sad about the news but hope for the best. you will get a good car soon!. Did you removed CD player and strut bar?. IF so quote the price and display on market place, you will get good deals.

You are a text book automotive enthusiast Anand ! your love for your car is out of this world
those gifts and treatment of the car, phew !

one lucky customer whose buying your car.

Ask him to take take care of it or else [gun]

Thread Starter #470
Thanks a lot everybody. Yesterday I received full payment in cash, closed all hospital bills, credits etc. The buyer came with his cousin to pick up the car. I have signed the Form 29 & 30 - 2copies & handed over originals to him. I collected an acknowledgement from him saying he has bought on "so & so date" etc as a precaution & formality.

Here are the last pics of my car on this thread[cry]

Before delivery, I reached home one hour in advance, did a small check on these
Seat mount bolts
seat belt bolts
roof handle screws
door handle screws
brakes, clutch etc
headlight, tail lamp, 4way indicators, parking lamps, cabin lamp etc
cleaned all black plastic on exteriors
cleaned glass for the last time.

indicator check.jpg

tail lamp check.jpg

headlight check.jpg

plastic polish.JPG

plastic polish (2).JPG

glass was so clean.JPG
The above picture was taken with the glass rolled up

Kids photoshoot.JPG
Last photo with kids in the family

the buyers.JPG
The lucky guys

last 2 pic.jpg
The last click of my car

The empty space which used to be occupied by my car & also served as a roof for a couple of street dogs. They too will miss it, as it protected them from heat & cold for so many months.
empty house.jpg

Thanks everybody for all the support, encouragement & help. I will buy another car pretty soon & start a thread here for sure.

Thanks again.

350Z

Core Team
Re: My car is for sale, sad but true

The last fortnight has been the worst in my whole life, with too much of loss & pain.I am selling my car to support to my ailing family member. I have tried everything to manage the situation, but finally landed in this position.
It’s saddening to read this. Hope the situation improves very soon and your family member recovers to best of his / her health. Some owners are lucky to have certain cars but in your case, the car was lucky to have a passionate owner like you. Your efforts and enthusiasm is truly commendable. Wishing good luck for the next car purchase. I look forward another exciting ownership review soon with a set of interesting DIYs. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #472
Thanks a lot Sir, I too am hoping for some good times. Plans for next car have started & will be buying one if loan gets approved (may be in one or two months).

Very sad to hear about the news. I am sure very soon your family member will recover. About this car yes never seen car enthusiast like you hats off to you buddy.
I also faced the same situation when selling our 1st car i.e. Maruti 800 1989 model :(
I'm sure you will buy a new car soon where you can tweak it like M800 [:)]

Well "ss80" i was the first person to comment on this thread & have been following your enthusiasm for some time,its really sad you had to part with it this way! The car which was kept as a spare & you had asked about(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/3841-modifying-my-15-year-old-maruti-800-please-advice-3.html#post226806 ) also went for around 60,000 so i feel you have received a fair price,remember unless your an odo tampering used car sales man you wont make a buck reselling a car.
Hope you get an another car soon & be able to modify it to your taste.
All the best my friend!

Sorry to hear this sad story but hard times could come to anybody where you have to make difficult choices.

Wish you best of luck and looking forward to see you with a new thread soon.

Thread Starter #477
Thanks again everybody,

I request the moderators to close this thread as there are no more updates from me/my car. A special thanks to all TAI members.

---------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom