Bought My First Car - Maruti 800 AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
congratulations
please check AC drainage pipe i think its block
Sure, will check that soon

Congrats on the 800 buddy! Nice pictures.
Thanks a lot [:)]

Congrats ss80. You have bought THE Indian Icon. Pride of India. This is one car all Indians are most proud of, most satisfied with, consider the best money can buy.
Yeah, that's right. SIxteen years back this must have got the same attention as a Polo/ Swift today. I still remember the only car in my neighborhood was a Maruti 800 (the horizontal lines type grill) I used gaze at it for hours & still come back the next day and do the same thing happily.[:)]
Here is the pic for your reference.. Wiper relay..
Thanks, you are seriously helping me out. I am sure to ask many more questions.

Ya the foam condition is ok.. not to worry..

Then your A/C is doing its job perfectly.. What about the pickup with A/c on ??
What about those speakers on the front door pads ? are you cutting the door pad and putting them again ?
If yes please change the place..
I have managed to change all the door pads, found the glass roller part difficult, after sometime figured out that metal pin holding it.

WIll post pictures by tomorrow sorry for delay, I have not mounted the speakers on the door pad this time. Just to reduce the rattles. One of the speakers (front right side) stopped working so left with 3 speakers now. The front left speaker is now connected to that screw thing on the floor. I need your advice If it is okay to mount it there.

The dikki part I tried fixing the speakers on the new wooden pads, bu they are too weak and I am not that skilled to cut a clean hole for the speaker magnet to fit in, finally ended up almost tearing one pad, so fitted one speaker and left the other one on the floor.

Photo0283.jpg
Photo0284.jpg
Inside Story (after removing the old door pads)
Broken driver side glass base (1).jpg
My driver side glass doesn't roll up fully, is the bove broken glass (at the base) the issue?
Broken driver side glass base (2).jpg
glass pieces.jpg
All the broken pieces were inside the door itself (adding some jingles to the rattle)
cleaning with oven gloves.jpg
Used an old oven glove to pull out most of those pieces

Photo0285.jpg
Me fixing up (1).jpg
Me fixing up (3).jpg
That's me, spending hours in the sunshine, try to learn and fix the door pads and the speakers.

Great, Lubricate the moving parts inside the door, then your glass roller will work fine..
(clean them first with diesel)

No problem if you fix the speaker there but ensure that its not touching the ground wire..

Any questions about Maruti 800, I am ready to help you !!!

Thread Starter #18
Great, Lubricate the moving parts inside the door, then your glass roller will work fine..
(clean them first with diesel)

No problem if you fix the speaker there but ensure that its not touching the ground wire..

Any questions about Maruti 800, I am ready to help you !!!
Thanks once again, I am done with changing the door pads thing. I have not cleaned the moving parts, I have just lubricated, may be that is pending & will complete soon.

Had been for a short drive on Sunday, with 5people on board, I missed to notice a hump (plain hump, no painting/ stripes) on the Kolar Highway & tried slowing down but still could not manage to slow down enough. I applied brakes when I was at around 70kmph, hit the hump at almost 50kmph (full 2secs braking) I let the brake pedal go off, just before the vehicle hit the hump.

Mild damage (as I hope) has happened to the exhaust pipe (attached picture). Learnt my lesson the hard way [frustration]
Luckily the front two seatbelts were on & thus nothing much happened to the occupants.

Please see the picture & let me know your opinion on the damage.

Doubts for now:
  1. I cant find the relay in my car hood!
  2. How to clean the entire engine bay (I was so impressed by one of your car's engine bay pictures, I have downloaded & it shown to most of my known people)
  3. Is it alright to wash the engine bay normally (with pressure water - at the service station)
  4. With AC on Pick up is down by atleast 10% (easily noticable)
  5. Is there any good aftermarket cup holder for 800
  6. Will the Alto's cup holder (in front of gear lever) fit in my car?
  7. The bonnet is not in line with the fender (the side part) - is it costly to fix this?
  8. What are the liquids to be changed in the car?
  9. I just could not make out where is the brake oil, engine oil & coolant drain bolts
  10. What is the procedure to inspect brakes in my car?
  11. Will this spray paint hold on to the wheels for atleast 5 - 6months? Will white colour look good?
  12. What is the name of the wire+bolt on the battery terminals?
  13. Is there any good gear knob (like skull/ full metal round etc) that fits into 800?
  14. The accelarator pedal is constantly hitting the wheel bulge (right side) & the pedal is a bit loose too. Can this be fixed by myself or only garage guys can do this?
  15. How to disable the tune playing when I reverse the car?

I am kind of troubling with long posts & big lists of doubts, please dont mind.

The following pictures are attachments to the above questions.
No relay (1).JPG

No relay (2).JPG

no relays.JPG

hood dirty (11).JPG

how to clean these areas (2).JPG

how to clean these areas (3).JPG

how to clean these areas (4).JPG

hood dirty (8).JPG

Problem still unresolved.JPG

spray paint for rims.JPG

Front left suspension part.JPG

DSCF5506.JPG

battery hook name.JPG

Name of this plastic cover on wiper.JPG

Current speaker location.JPG

Thanks..

I guess the the relay is near the brake cylinder/ to the left side near the ignition coil.

You can fit alto's console cost 300rs, my friend has done it. it looks good.

Paint the rims silver (stock color) it looks good (my opinion)

Need to replace gear,engine,brake oil. Next comes the coolant.
Very rarely need to replace A/C compressor oil.

Can fit aftermarket gear nob or can go for alto gear nob looks good and decent. (As in my car)

Remove any one side of tail lamp and disconnect the reverse horn wire.

Accelerator pedal touches the wheel arch in my car too..

You can just ask for battery terminals (small size)..

You can get your engine bay washed and also as soon as you wash get it dried by the air , then tell them to spray cutting oil.. its done.

With A/C in 800 it acts as a non turbo, switch off the A/C then your turbo starts. [lol]
Just joking, pickup will be less when A/C on.

Regarding the drain points will post some pic's later..

Bonnet and fender gap need to get it checked by a tinker..post the pic

I guess I have answered almost all of your questions. [;)]

Hey ss80. Any updates on your car. What have you finished till now. Pictures will also help. Following this thread because a lot of what you are doing needs to be done on my car too. Thank you.

Hi guys,

I think most of the questions asked by ss80 suits for me. The only difference is he has the 90's model and mine is 2004. I'll take your suggestion varun for the rectification of my M800 too.....[;)] Moreover when opening and closing all the five doors i feel a sound like of slapping on the face and its not being smooth... Any ideas for fixing that bcos each time closing the doors i am going deaf and really making me irritated.[frustration]

Thanks..

You can fit alto's console cost 300rs, my friend has done it. it looks good.
Hi Varun,

Can you post picture for this so that other people will have some idea. I have asked many accessories guys and all claimed this is not possible. Seems I need to do this as DIY

Thread Starter #25
Hi guys,
sorry dint update this thread for a long time.

Got new clucth assembly+boosters+few accessories too
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/6996-booster-brakes-brand-new-clutch-maruti-800-a.html

Did one DIY
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/6688-speaker-box-car-using-wooden-drawer.html

Started with Damping of doors & roof
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/6986-diy-cheap-method-car-damping-using-yoga-mats-2.html

Upgraded the horns to the Vento type (Bosch Symphony - Pom Pom)[drive]
Here are the pictures

Photo0291.jpg
Photo0293.jpg
Photo0258.jpg
Photo0259.jpg

ALso started cleaning engine bay with kerosene

Looking for this kind of tacho next
tacho1.JPG

Thread Starter #26
The last pic I took it from a website & copyrights belong to the owner. Forgot to mention that in the last post.

Thread Starter #27
Hi guys,

I think most of the questions asked by ss80 suits for me. The only difference is he has the 90's model and mine is 2004. I'll take your suggestion varun for the rectification of my M800 too.....[;)] Moreover when opening and closing all the five doors i feel a sound like of slapping on the face and its not being smooth... Any ideas for fixing that bcos each time closing the doors i am going deaf and really making me irritated.[frustration]
Hi
Try that DIY I have mentioned in the above post. Worth the money spent.

Please don't go for the a-star tacho I have got it but, blew off.. as in a-star it will be connected to ecu but in ours directly to ignition coil..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom