Bought Maruti 800 (2003) from True Value

@Mastersquall:
Congrats for buying the ICONIC MARUTI SUZUKI 800.This is the car which has taught the India how to drive,even me too.
The maintainance free and city friendly nature of the car is second to none.In my views,this car is as iconic as a Porsche 911 or VW Beetle.Why?Because one has defined the sports cars and one has defined the car.Same way Maruti 800 has defined what a car is to INDIA.
Somewhere I am also a member of the M800 club, Sorry for no pictures.

@Mastersquall:
Congrats for buying the ICONIC MARUTI SUZUKI 800.This is the car which has taught the India how to drive,even me too.
The maintainance free and city friendly nature of the car is second to none.In my views,this car is as iconic as a Porsche 911 or VW Beetle.Why?Because one has defined the sports cars and one has defined the car.Same way Maruti 800 has defined what a car is to INDIA.
Somewhere I am also a member of the M800 club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Mastersquall on your car.
If you are not confident above 60kmph may be due to the tyre condition.
Check the alignment and think weights need to be added in case of wobbling.
How are the tyres?
JK tyres tend to brittle after few years of usage.
My zen had them , now changed to Michelins.

Thread Starter #19
Congrats for the 800 [thumbsup] It should serve your purpose well considering its easy maintenance history. Can you please share your experience of interaction with Maruti True Value people? It would give insight and help potential buyers from True Value.
thanks . here how my talk with sales person goes

S= sales person
M= That's me

S: May i help you
M= I am looking for car around 1L
S: we have many cars around that budget
M: ok then show me
S: any particular car
M: which ever car is cheap *with smile*
S: *he looked toward my corolla* and you need car for your servants
M : *laughing* no i need for myself
S: *Bit shocked form*
M: actually i need car for my himachal factory
S: *revived from shock* i see ,Sir then i say why not go for Zen
M: What's the price
S: *pointing toward a silver Zen* its 1.30L Sir
M: *nice looking zen* hmmm i don't want to spend that much money
S : Then i think we have perfect car for you *showing me way toward back area and few walking* here you go Sir, M800 1.10L only
M : *me in shock* give me detail
S: Sir, Its 57700KM Done and 2003 Model all service has been done .

After lot of TD and checking car . i said yes and me and him went to Customer Area

S: So when will you buy it
M: Today only
S: then should get ready paper *very happy*
M: Hold you horses
S: didn't understood what do you mean
M: I mean what about discount don't expect me to buy for same price
S: *thinking* Sir,I can get you 5K discount
M: ok i will tell you straight i will pay you only 80k for this car seeing its age
S: We can't give you in that much price
M: then i will leave no use of wasting my time there are lot of cars selling at same price(actually i had no idea but i was making him feel that there price is same )
S: *running around doing some calculating stuff talking to manager* ok. Sir,Our offer 90k not less not more .
M: Sorry i am still at my 80K unless you give reason to raise it
S: *he run quickly to office and bring a file * Sir,See this we brought car for 78k and has already invested around 12k on it . SO 90K makes ok price
M: *Seeing the file checking all things company has got done on it .* Ok then my last offer 87k . If you are ok i will buy it just now .
S: Sir,We won't even getting out own profit
M: Well its your choice . Say yes and i will pay it right away
S: *in deep though and go running to manager* Ok, Sir deal fixed

I paid 87k after 1Hr and brought her home

That's a nice deal. Congrats dude.
Do post the pictures soon.
thanks posting it right away

10k discount if you don't get warranty for 1 year ? :eek:
yup

Congrats mastersquall. Waiting to see the pictures of your car. BTW which is going to be your primary ride now? Still searching for used GV?
thanks .
I gave up idea of GV due spare parts problem and price

so right now searching for sierra with good chassis but found non till now all sierra i have have rusted chassis

or

TATA Safari 4X4 [evil]

Congrts Buddy welcome to M800 club.

I am definitely sure that you will love the drive of the vehicle in another one month and will hesitate to take your safari.
thanks
Ya i am loving its performance right now .

ilango[speed thirst];92686 said:
Superb man..

enjoying the new ride!!
thanks

@Mastersquall:
Somewhere I am also a member of the M800 club,just have a look at this Sorry for no pictures.
thanks
actually M800 was also our first car long ago . sorry i don't have pic of my old M800 but you have loved it way we had done lot of small modification

Congrats Mastersquall on your car.
If you are not confident above 60kmph may be due to the tyre condition.
Check the alignment and think weights need to be added in case of wobbling.
How are the tyres?
JK tyres tend to brittle after few years of usage.
My zen had them , now changed to Michelins.
thanks
actually first i didn't knew about alignment problem because bad road infront of showroom so later i saw its pulling too much toward right so i got alignment checked but now its pulling little bit toward left but but not tat much
They gave me new tire atleast seeing them they can easily go till 50k KM
i think i might have to get weight stuff to see if it fix its wobbling issue

@Mod Please add these picture in first post also add this information
I forgot to tell you guys got new Tire all 5set and New battery from maruti [evil]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Enjoyed reading the conversation. Also, those pictures bought the good old memories back and I like the seat covers on your car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Which tyres MS?

Looks like 800 is equipped with gear lock, Have you changed those wipers, i could see a mark on windshield.
There are some products of 3M if you want those dashboard shining.

Overall you got a good deal, after you said you got all new tyres.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Which tyres MS?

Looks like 800 is equipped with gear lock, Have you changed those wipers, i could see a mark on windshield.
There are some products of 3M if you want those dashboard shining.

Overall you got a good deal, after you said you got all new tyres.
tire was MRF and there trend was like this
MRF Tyres

they changed the wiper them self

about windshield there are some scratch mark which i didn't see while TD it in afternoon only came to know about it in evening .
I think buffing should solve this scratch problem ?

Thread Starter #24
Enjoyed reading the conversation. Also, those pictures bought the good old memories back and I like the seat covers on your car.

Drive Safe,
350Z
thanks [:)]

@ Mastersquall, I just loved the way you have put down the conversation. The deal was fixed in a record time I should say [clap]
well i tried my best way to make him give me at 80k but after seeing work i let loose and settled for 87k

Wow buddy i liked your conversation with the manager! If you had settled for their price , what profit they would have enjoyed for the car!

The car looks to be well maintained , enjoy the ride and congratulations!

For the wobbling and pulling issue get wheel balancing and alignment done from a reputed tyre shop.

it has completed 58708KM just love it driving on mountain
Hi Masteraquall,

Really impressed with your post...
I also need to buy my first car, so just planning to buy a second hand car so that me and family can learn driving as well without the worries of dents on new car.

I am planning to buy an old car from Maruti True Value, New Delhi. But on some other forums/posts/websites many peoples has shared there negative experiences as well which they had with Maruti True Value. So what you suggest to me. Should I go ahead with Maruti True Value.

If yes which dealer of Maruti True Value should I prefer to deal with?

From which dealer of Maruti True Value you bought your car?
(Because I feel that not all dealers have same ethical policy of dealing)

Thanks,
Raj Kumar Arora

Thread Starter #30
Hi Masteraquall,

Really impressed with your post...
I also need to buy my first car, so just planning to buy a second hand car so that me and family can learn driving as well without the worries of dents on new car.

I am planning to buy an old car from Maruti True Value, New Delhi. But on some other forums/posts/websites many peoples has shared there negative experiences as well which they had with Maruti True Value. So what you suggest to me. Should I go ahead with Maruti True Value.

If yes which dealer of Maruti True Value should I prefer to deal with?

From which dealer of Maruti True Value you bought your car?
(Because I feel that not all dealers have same ethical policy of dealing)

Thanks,
Raj Kumar Arora
well dealer i brought was good didn't hide any thing from me .
BTW i brought it from RAMA Road .
The conversation post is very nice. It shows how to deal with the used car dealers.
i hope it does help.

OK guys car has completed 63567KM as on Yesterday when i was in Himachal .
This car is just awesome to drive . Only major thing it worries me is rust it is catching lot .

Need to find a guy who could do body restoration of this car if i want to use it for next 5 years more .

Top Bottom