Boric Acid In Engine Oil

Woohoo!
Put 15 GMs Boric acid in engine oil of my Honda Unicorn, its already smooth, odo reading is 46k, mileage is low - 40 kmpl.
So, thought of trying on it after the success on my splendor.

Only driven 1 km after borifying, results were not much noticeable, it needs to ride atleast 10 kms to feel the results, but some results were noticed, free revving, reduced vibration, lesser sound from loose fitted body panels, gear shift lever feels less hard and very smooth, no changes in performance till now.

bhvm

Honoured Member
everything else seems fine other than furl efficiency.
I guess your engine needs Little tuning /setting.

yes, BA treatment needs over 15km to circulate properly and have effects. did you add BA in gearbox too?
good luck.

@Mr. bhvm,
The oil in oil chamber of bikes will circulate oil to all parts of engine like gears, clutch, etc, no separate oil tanks for separate parts in bikes.

Engine runs perfect, Idles @ 700-800 RPM in mornings (cold engine) and @ 900-1000 RPM after the engine has warmed up (after 1-2 kms).

It is >30 kms after the boric acid treatment, engine is getting smoother day by day but no other improvement I think so.
The boric particles could have settled in the oil filter, that maybe the cause.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Dear Friends,
I have Bajaj 125T which has run 45k Kms.
The vehicle is used for local city travel.

Many times the vehicle fails to start in morning. Some times you have to kick a lot, at times you have to push start. At times one needs to open spark plugs and re-fit.

The vehicle was recently Serviced at ASS, and engineer has recommend to Open the engine and get complete restoration done. I would like to ask if Boron treatment could help here?

@RVSB, Jarpickle, SS80 and others kindly reply.

Dear Friends,
I have Bajaj 125T which has run 45k Kms.
The vehicle is used for local city travel.

Many times the vehicle fails to start in morning. Some times you have to kick a lot, at times you have to push start. At times one needs to open spark plugs and re-fit.

The vehicle was recently Serviced at ASS, and engineer has recommend to Open the engine and get complete restoration done. I would like to ask if Boron treatment could help here?

@RVSB, Jarpickle, SS80 and others kindly reply.
Yes, of course you can add. I have TVS Sports which has clocked 45K on odo and needs engine restoration, so i decided to try this technique. I chose this ratio: 5% of engine oil quantity. my bike needs 900ml engine oil so I chose approximately 40g boric acid powder (which is also known as carrom powder and is available in fancy stores - ask as carrom powder or in medical shop - ask as boric powder; 50g powder may cost you Rs.15 to 20 approximately). I opened the drain bolt and drew engine oil approximately 1/4 of our 1lt empty water bottle (approximately 250ml). Then I put the 40g boric powder into it; closed the bottle cap; started shaking vigorously for about half an hour (with the help of my family members); ensured no deposits or lugs settle at the bottom (if so, continue shaking for few more minutes) and then I put the mixture in a corner of room to settle down for about one hour. I found very small quantity of boric powder settle down at the bottom. Then with the help of a tea-stainer, I stained the mixture and transferred to another bottle (so that it would be clean and easy to pour-in). I waited for a long trip (at least 20KMs); after three days of waiting, I got a chance; I needed to go to next town (up+down : 50KMs approximately); till first twenty kilometers I could not feel any difference, but after that, slowly engine started spinning smooth; as I go on and on, the smoothness increased, vibrations reduced surprisingly! The heat of the engine was also low in spite of rash driving.However, the clatter sound of worn out engine continued though. I have not restored the engine till date as milage has improved from 40KMs to 49KMs! After that trip, every time I start the engine (even cold-start), engine started butter smooth. Top speed increased from 80KMs to 90KMs (on occasional tests); pick-up was also increased unimaginably! I felt I was riding a 125CC bike!
The theory is, due to excessive heat, the boric acid will form a slippery coating (ceramic like) which as hard as diamond, between metals. So piston rings will not touch bore walls. This process re-freshens every time we ride it. So after a week or so, drain the engine oil (by this time, complete boron coating would have been done inside engine), pour clean new engine oil and enjoy every ride!

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
The Bajaj 125T was sold long back. I could come back to this research sometime in the future if I have any Experimental Vehicle.

Top Bottom