Boric Acid In Engine Oil

Hi
I had read about boric acid powder treatment, so with a brave heart, I brought 150gms boric acid powder from a chemist, mixed it with a one liter oil, then strained it with a tea strainer,
and added the mix to my 2002 esteem vxi, Intially there was no diffrence, But you have to wait for almost 1500km for the effect to take place, It has been almost 6 months that i have used this mix in my engine, The engine is definetly smoother, My fuel average has also increased, the engine runs cooler. and when i opened my engine oil cap i could see the camshafts quite clean,
Broic acid powder also cleans any muck that is inside the engine. so it is advisable to replace the oil filter only after 250km... One thing though, the oil warning light might not work after a couple of days don't know why mine stopped working. but the oil is ciruclating i check it regurarly

PLEASE TRY THIS EXPRIEMENT AT YOUR RISK..........

Hi guys!
As some of you know, I have a Kinetic Honda.
I am tempted to try out this.
How and with what I should mix?
I have oil pump in this but in not working condition.
So have to mix with petrol.
I have acetone and I always mix it with petrol.
Question is,
Should I mix it with Acetone or petrol itself???

bhvm

Honoured Member
well, the dexter of tai is here!
welcome rvsb!

I don't know much about 2 wheelers but adding boric acid to fuel is not recommended as it clogs filters and forms a slurry in tank, fuel lines, injectors etc.

better add it in oil sump itself. and drive atleast 100km directly.

Mr. Bhvm, Oil pump is not working!
And why do you say me a DEXTER? In what sarcastic meaning?[lol]

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
just saying it out of fun due to your experiments. don't take second meanings bro.

joni, you can dig up some forums on google where people have tried it on all engines including diesels, tractor, generator and what not.

So, took the plunge and put Boric Acid into the oil chamber of Splendor!!!
The most scariest part was what will happen because I didn't measure correctly like 3gms/l and all. Just took a plastic teaspoon, and put some inside.
Here comes the review:

WHAT I BOUGHT? FROM WHERE? COST? :
I simply went to a PHARMACY Shop and asked for MEDICAL USE BORIC ACID - 10 GMS SACHET.
It costed Rs. 6 for 10 gms sachet.

PROCEDURE (FOR BIKES):
a) Open the sachet and then transfer the contents to a small box (I used a cylindrical container, I.e. my brother's bubble solution container!!!).
b) Measure 3 gms for 1L oil.
c) Put the measured amount into oil tank/chamber.
d) Keep the key in OFF position and kick 5 times.
e) Now turn ON and then fire your bike.
f) Ride harsh/Rev like maniac for atleast 2 kms.
g) Now you are good to GO!

MY OBSERVATIONS (POSITIVES):
When I was kicking, kicker felt smooth.
Pulled the clutch, it also felt very smooth.
Slotted in the first gear, gears felt like they are soaked in butter, smoothness is comparable to R15!!!
And the gear shifting felt the most smoooooth!

NEGATIVES:
A lot of clutch slippage.
After a short ride, I went to home and then tried to start for another ride, the kicker slipped for 2 times and then started.
And the speed to RPM relationship is affected.
RPM climbs up fast but speed climbs up slow. It will fix I think.
----- END OF REVIEW -----

Disclaimer:- Me or The Automotive India is not responsible if your vehicle got damaged or whatever by trying this experiment. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Last edited:
Did it, yes I did it and I did it with my Corolla. I added 25 gms of Boric acid(powder) to 250 ml of engine oil (fresh one after one guy was appointed to stir the solution for 30 minutes) and then poured the oil into the engine again. Since the car is due for service and ran around 600 kms more than the due distance, so just thought of giving it a try for 2-300 kms.

Around 70 kms driven since I did it, not much but slightly noticeable difference; not sure if its real or psychological. Will update further though. The engine rpm's felt quite quicker in climbing after driving 70 kms but the difference in slightly noticeable in neutral with no load on engine, once you slot into the gear, the difference fades much. Let's see what results I get in next couple of hundred kilometers.

any one try this on diesel engine ?
Did today itself on my CRDi (D-4D to be precise) engine with 1.04 lac kms on odo. Drove 70 kms and couldn't find much difference under load, rest let's see how it goes.

joni, you can dig up some forums on google where people have tried it on all engines including diesels, tractor, generator and what not.
Read a lot about it in three days and thought to give it a try. Will get my engine flushed in the next service though; after 2-300 kms. This is my regular car and I can't afford to have a breakdown on some highway while making a long distance full night drive.

RPM climbs up fast but speed climbs up slow. It will fix I think.
Clutch needs to be replaced, none else. Your clutch is slipping and that's not because of the boric acid, but because it has gone kaput. Else in case of right coupling between engine and gearbox, the vehicle speed and engine speed will rise simultaneously.

Disclaimer:- Me or The Automotive India is not responsible if your vehicle got damaged or whatever by trying this experiment. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
+1000

bhvm

Honoured Member
boron treatment is known to cause clutch spillage if you have a wet clutch due to over lubrication. just Open it a get it cleaned and change oil.

how many kms you drove before noticing results?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Mr. bhvm, I am not going to spend a single buck anytime soon. I am trying to achieve my goal to save 2000 Rs[glasses].
a burnt clutch can wash away your 2000rs and much more. if your oil is new, drain it in a container and reuse on dry clutch vehicle or some other purpose. and get your clutch cleaned.

Top Bottom