Boric Acid In Engine Oil

I know people will laugh at me. But i am ready to try this on my car.
Bangalore TAI members can get in touch for a first hand experiance.

Regards,
uNkNowN

I know people will laugh at me. But i am ready to try this on my car.
Bangalore TAI members can get in touch for a first hand experiance.

Regards,
uNkNowN
Great, in which car are you going to try ?

We can also try adding boric acid in to gear box too.

@ Varun

I have a Accent Viva CRDi.

I have been using acetone with Di for quite some time now and i feel the difference in the engine performance and noice with and without the acetone.

Wanted to try the Boric acid with the engine oil and the garebox oil too.. just waiting for my next engine oil change to try this.

Regards,
uNkNowN

@ Varun

I have a Accent Viva CRDi.

I have been using acetone with Di for quite some time now and i feel the difference in the engine performance and noice with and without the acetone.

Wanted to try the Boric acid with the engine oil and the garebox oil too.. just waiting for my next engine oil change to try this.

Regards,
uNkNowN
Can we try acetone in petrol engines too ? Please let us know the difference you have noticed.

@ Varun

Yes you can try adding acetone in Petrol aswell, but make sure that the quantity is perfect... i use 1-1.5ml of Actone per ltr of D.

I cant give you the correct quantity per ltr of fuel as its an trial and error method you have to use to identify the best quentity for your engine.

Regards,
uNkNowN

I had read on this on www. They say the boric acid should be in pure form and not what they sell @ shops for carroms boards. Pure powder should be bought from chemical shops or the likes. I am interested to try out if someone who has tried posts the results.

My Rao, had tried using Acetone in his car.I am waiting for his reply about the results.
Hi, all. Twice malaria attack has taken a toll on me. Sorry for a long gap.
Recently on 1st of December, I have visited Chennai in my M800. 1484 km. in total. With about 70% AC my pocket rocket consumed Rs.5850.00 worth juice.[:D] i.e., Impressive mileage of about 18.5 km! Yes, I have used Acetone in my return trip. I have noticed black deposit at tail pipe which was not there while going. According to me use of Acetone somehow improved the engine performance. I just don't know how to explain. Usually when I travel long I use this. From Mulabagilu to Hoskote my car hit 135 km mark and I was able to see some fellow car owner's horrified face. These drivers just don't digest the fact that, a tiny M800 overtaking their expensive cars![lol]

Hi, all. Twice malaria attack has taken a toll on me. Sorry for a long gap.
Recently on 1st of December, I have visited Chennai in my M800. 1484 km. in total. With about 70% AC my pocket rocket consumed Rs.5850.00 worth juice.[:D] i.e., Impressive mileage of about 18.5 km! Yes, I have used Acetone in my return trip. I have noticed black deposit at tail pipe which was not there while going. According to me use of Acetone somehow improved the engine performance. I just don't know how to explain. Usually when I travel long I use this. From Mulabagilu to Hoskote my car hit 135 km mark and I was able to see some fellow car owner's horrified face. These drivers just don't digest the fact that, a tiny M800 overtaking their expensive cars![lol]
Ha Ha many people wont like a 800 overtaking them !! Don't know why [frustration]

Also please let us know where to get this, how much to use..

Acetone is available with beauty parlor whole sale suppliers. In Bangalore there is a one shop on the entrance to S.P.Road. I have used 100ml for one full tank of petrol.

Thread Starter #29
You put boric powder on a carrom board too.No one died from playing carrom.Only thing is that I have found boric acid to settle at the bottom when mixed directly into oil.It needs to be diluted before it is added to oil.

After a few 100 kms the oil filter needs to be changed the boric powder will be deposited there.

Just saw this thread. Tried this in my m800 around 2years back. Got 100gm carrom powder and added to engine. It was almost due for an oil change. After about 5-600km. I changed the oil.

Effects: engine became more smooth and silent; became more free revving, was able to shift at higher rpms as engine started pulling cleanly till a higher rpm.
Not sure if there was any increase in fuel efficiency,but there was no decrease for sure. I did not check mileage but my average outgoing of fuel money only increased in proportion to fuel price hikes [;)]
And by the way my 800 is a 16yr old carb beauty (type2)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom