Booked: Volkswagen Polo HL (P) White 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Well, after lot of consideration and brain storming and wait for more than 3 years [frustration] http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...per/2193-best-hatchback-long-term-use-11.html.

Petrol vs Diesel - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-definitive-petrol-v-s-diesel-calculator.html

And I do not know what not..

I booked Polo HL (P) RED 2013 yesterday. I need your support in few things like negotiation or freebies I can further extract.

OTR (Delhi) - Rs. 6,88,000/-
Discount - Rs. 55,000/-
Actual OTR - Rs. 6,33,000/-

I forgot to add Rs. 6213/- (Rs 6000 for logistices and Rs 213/- for number plate) already included in Actual OTR...Logistic charges needs to be paid by us ?

Freebies -
Door mat,
mud flaps,
teflon coating (not interested as such),
car cover,
Rs. 2,000/- on extend warrenty (total is around Rs 11,242/-)
and that is it [cry].

I am going for zero dep insurance but margin money (Rs 5,000/- +) I have to shell out from my pocket.

Please suggest where I can push them further and how to go about it. I have given a cheque of Rs. 25,000/-.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
re: Booked - Polo HL (P) RED 2013. Edit: Now Cancelled and Booked White

Hi Friends,
Please suggest how to push for further discounts or freebies if possible. I am waiting eagarly as I need to close this asap.

Thanks

Hi Friends,
Please suggest how to push for further discounts or freebies if possible. I am waiting eagarly as I need to close this asap.

Thanks
You can ask for free AMC for 2/3 years.

Yes you can ask them to include AMC for a couple of years as VW service is costly and you would easily save about 15-20k on them if you get the AMC included in the deal. Is the 55k discount which you are getting is direct cash discount on the OTR? If true, you are getting a pretty sweet deal as such. Anything more you can manage will be an absolute bonus.

Thread Starter #5

You can ask for free AMC for 2/3 years.
Yes you can ask them to include AMC for a couple of years as VW service is costly and you would easily save about 15-20k on them if you get the AMC included in the deal. Is the 55k discount which you are getting is direct cash discount on the OTR? If true, you are getting a pretty sweet deal as such. Anything more you can manage will be an absolute bonus.
Thanks. Yes, I forgot to ask about AMC with dealer and would try to push it in. Yes, 55K is the cash discount including corporate one. But still back of my mind I think, logistic charges are unnecessary and would try to get something there.

Ok, other than AMC. Anything else you suggest should I bargain for ? Because I do not want to go back every 30 mins and ask A or B or C. Just want to 100% sure about the things I can discuss and get something from them.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

Friends,
Anything else or only AMC ? [:)] Unless, you wont suggest I might be missing on that point(s).

Please assist.

Congratulations on the booking. Red Polo HL looks really hot. You have got a good deal there with the cash discount and all other freebies.

AMC is generally offered to people who avail VW finance, as I have done, I have AMC of Rs 501 per month on my Petrol HL purchased in August 2013.

You can bargain for 3 years Road side assistance and 3rd & 4th year extended warranty if not given already.

Thread Starter #8

Congratulations on the booking. Red Polo HL looks really hot. You have got a good deal there with the cash discount and all other freebies.

AMC is generally offered to people who avail VW finance, as I have done, I have AMC of Rs 501 per month on my Petrol HL purchased in August 2013.

You can bargain for 3 years Road side assistance and 3rd & 4th year extended warranty if not given already.
Thanks Hunter,

Your's is petrol or diesel ? You are right AMC is attached with VW finance now. RSA...hmmm you are right but just now I had a discussion with dealer and he is unable to offer anything [frustration]further.

Let me discuss this further tomorrow and try my luck [lol]or try some other dealer [roll]

Thanks Hunter,

Your's is petrol or diesel ? You are right AMC is attached with VW finance now. RSA...hmmm you are right but just now I had a discussion with dealer and he is unable to offer anything [frustration]further.

Let me discuss this further tomorrow and try my luck [lol]or try some other dealer
Petrol. I believe you have got a good deal. 55k + other freebies looks good. I had to purchase mudflaps, mats & car cover as I purchased under the fully loaded scheme and the dealer said that nothing more can be offered free along with the scheme (other than 3 year insurance, RSA, extended warranty, corporate discount & AMC) and I believed them. [frustration]

Congrats on the Booking Shailender! the car is a beauty and great choice. Nowadays my ride has also become a VW Polo 1.2 HL in Red color only and i love it every time though i do not get to drive it.

Re: Booked - Polo HL (P) RED 2013. Edit: Now Cancelled and Booked White

I booked Polo HL (P) RED 2013 yesterday.
Congrats!

I forgot to add Rs. 6213/- (Rs 6000 for logistices and Rs 213/- for number plate) already included in Actual OTR...Logistic charges needs to be paid by us ?
Tell the dealer that there is a high court ruling that charging logistics is illegal.

Freebies -
Door mat,
mud flaps,
teflon coating (not interested as such),
car cover,
These are not freebies. Check your quotation. They have been charged under "Basic Accessories".

Rs. 2,000/- on extend warrenty (total is around Rs 11,242/-) and that is it [cry].
Ask for 50% off on it.

I am going for zero dep insurance but margin money (Rs 5,000/- +) I have to shell out from my pocket.
Again ask for it as a freebie.

Please suggest where I can push them further and how to go about it. I have given a cheque of Rs. 25,000/-.
Ask for free Road Tax and registration.

Anything else or only AMC ?
There's no limit to what you can ask. Ask for a 5 day package to Bangkok or Singapore.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

Congrats!

Tell the dealer that there is a high court ruling that charging logistics is illegal.

These are not freebies. Check your quotation. They have been charged under "Basic Accessories".

Ask for 50% off on it.

Again ask for it as a freebie.

Ask for free Road Tax and registration.

There's no limit to what you can ask. Ask for a 5 day package to Bangkok or Singapore.
Thanks Peter. I do not know about others things but yeah I need the last option you gave. I might give it a try [:D]

Thanks Type-r. I like Polo in red too but not getting that option. Is it a petrol or a diesel and how much you are getting as milage ?

Thanks Hunter,
How much you are getting and at what speed you generally drive ?

Thanks and now I am waiting for the loan. How much time does SBI takes ? Any idea guys...

Last edited:
Congrats. Red looks hot. Try to negotiate hard little further. Since Polo 1.2 petrol wont move faster off the shelf.

Btw, any reason for choosing Polo since there are number of cars in this segment to choose from and if polo why not TSi powered one? even though its costlier, its worth IMHO.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks Karthick.

But now I have changed the colour from Red to white due to non availibility of Red. I have negotiated hard I guess or they are not ready to bent further.

Why Polo ? hmmm...Well I thought of taking i20 Sportz but there wasn't any of 2013 make and my second choice was Polo. Actually I wanted to buy Fabia from a very long time but could not take a call and now the same stands discountinued.

Well, my current discount stands revised from 6,33,000/- OTR to 6,20,000/- OTR another 13k discount I have squeezed.

Now I am waiting for the loan to get approved.

Thanks Type-r. I like Polo in red too but not getting that option. Is it a petrol or a diesel and how much you are getting as milage ?
it is 1.2 petrol only. my friend is getting about 12-13 in traffic from Dwarka to Noida daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom