Booked Maruti Ertiga – Quick Pre-Ownership Questions

Thread Starter #1
Dear Ertigan's,

Met up with dealer this afternoon and he conveyed that my Ertiga is in transit. Looks like we never get the required color with MSIL. I've read many threads where people have been offered other colors and we all have accepted it as we are possibly aware of inordinate delay in vehicle delivery.

Anyway, I had booked Gr Grey as first preference and Ecru Beige as second preference and I've been offered Silver which I accepted. Since current Zen is
also same color, I would have to continue the same color I guess :)

I've got the quote from the dealer as mine would be company leased car and hence I got different quote compared to usual quote one gets from the dealers on enquiry.

PROFORMA INVOICE FOR MARUTI ERTIGA ZDI(with Steel Wheel)
PARTICULARS Amount in Rs
Basic Price 760118.00
Vat @ 14.5% 110217.00
Ex showroom Price 870335.00
Road Tax 135750.00
Registration Charges 500.00
Incidental Charges 6750.00
Basic Accessories Kit 3494.00
On Road 968908.00

I need few clarifications from fellow TAI members on the following:

1. Which company is better in terms of handling the lease? I've three options as per my company - Kotak Mahindra, Religare and L&T Finance. My preference is in the order its written. If you have any good/bad experience with these leasing companies, pl let me know.

2. Does the ZDI come fitted with body colored side mouldings? I've seen some pics of Nurni but its not fitted with side mouldings even though its ZDI Model. So, pl clarify. I've asked this question to dealer and he said 99% it should come fitted. He was not sure...

3. Do you think its advisable to take the Ertiga on long drive (about 1300Kms) immediately after delivery? Any precautions to follow?

I've got Accessories PDF and will upload it in my next posting along with pricing.

All your responses to above questions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Mahi

Re: Ertiga ZDI - On the way !

Dear Ertigan's, 2. Does the ZDI come fitted with body colored side mouldings? I've seen some pics of Nurni but its not fitted with side mouldings even though its ZDI Model. So, pl clarify. I've asked this question to dealer and he said 99% it should come fitted. He was not sure.
No the ZDi does not come with any body side mouldings. These come as accessories available at MSIL dealers

3. Do you think its advisable to take the Ertiga on long drive (about 1300Kms) immediately after delivery? Any precautions to follow?
Absolutely. It is possible to take the vehicle anywhere so long as you follow some run in norms. Do not over rev the engine and try and maintain RPM between 1500-2000RPM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Nurni. I saw pics from Architect and I see body colored side mouldings. But when I enquired at my dealer he said only black colored side mouldings are available.

Architect - if you happen to see this thread, can you pl let me know where you got the body colored side mouldings?

cheers.mahi

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India. It is safe to drive her for long distances. Just ensure not to be too hard on the accelerator and keep the speed varying on a few stretches. Your car's ownership manual would have more information on run-in period. Please check it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ertiga booked

As of September the sales of Ertiga have climbed to 7000 per month and the Sunny has fallen to about 2000. The Etios has also fallen to about 2700. I think this tells a story.

Should we take a showroom display vehicle (not a test drive one)? What checks to make? Only 1 piece of the Ertiga VDI Ecru Beige available with the dealer.[frustration]

Last edited:
Re: Ertiga booked

I think the link below would help you in carrying out the exhaustive pre delivery inspection of the car. I think there is no problem in buying showroom display vehicle. But do check for small buttons and switches, As when people try to check the display vehicles, everyone just likes to play around with switches. And try to get discount if at all they are ready to give. [;)]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html

I did a test drive last weekend in Mumbai and the car was pretty good overall. The internal space for a 5'8 person is good on all three rows. Albiet the 3rd row can be used for short trips (say couple of hours max) as there is no leg room to extend your legs (not knee width).

Also in the test vehicle I found the clutch to be not as smooth and also the gear shifts were not smooth - infact the slot from 2nd to 3rd was shifting to 5th - but I was told this was due to it being a test car.

- No discounts in Mumbai
- Waiting for Zdi - diesel top end is more than 4 months
- Waiting will reduce by say 2 odd weeks if Zdi choosen with steel rims
- Dealer will consider minor discount on accessories, but no assurances is what I was told

It will be good to know compare between Ertiga and Enjoy when Chevy launches it.

Ertiga ZDI will be arriving soon

Hi Friends,

Finally wait is over and little early than my expectation. I have done booking on 14th April 2012 but I deliberately asked for delivery in 2013-Feb due to finance reason as I wanted to close the home loan and take car with maximum possible down payment. Now Home Loan is closed but could not achieve the 2nd goal because of Indian Government who may impose some taxes on Diesel Car next year. Since booking , Ertiga has already got costlier by 45K now cannot afford other price hike.

On Friday, I got call that vehicle is in transit and all sudden I could not able to accept the news.But Today finally I asked them to deliver the car in Dec 1st week. We are going with 3.3 Lakhs down payment and rest by SBI loan. Why SBI, because we want to pre close the loan by next year Sep and SBI is giving best offer with floating rate of 10.5%.

Bad news is that Ertiga is rarely coming up with alloy wheel. Please suggest, is it okay to go with after market alloy wheel or should I wait for MGA Suzuki Logo alloy wheel. I am in favor of later while showroom guys are suggesting to with Palet company.

Now accessories part:
1: Seat Covers: Planning to get it done outside.
2: Reverse parking camera: MGA as it involves electrical.
3: Scratch protector: Outside

Please suggest what all I need to verify during PDI. Anyways I will take a print of PDI checklist.

Another problem, I am not a practiced driver, just taken driving lesson and passed Bangalore RTO DL test.

Thanks,
Alok

I think take the help of your friend/showroom guy to bring the car back at home from show room. It is not good idea to drive a car that to new one in bangalore traffic.A single minor scratch will pull off your complete mood of joy.

Last edited:
On Road Price of ERTIGA in Pune & Current Offers?

Hi Friends

I am not in India as of now and i am expecting to come back to India / Pune soon

I am planning to upgrade my car by the end of this year and need to know the On Road cost of Maruti Ertiga Petrol in Pune now?

Also let me know if any current hot offers are going on for Ertiga Petrol? (Floated by Maruti suzuki company or dealerships in Pune) [:)]

Interested in:

Ex Showroom & On Road Price of ERTIGA VXi - ABS model

Ex Showroom & On Road Price of ERTIGA ZXi Model

Also if you could help with the Break Up of the On Road cost? It would be helpful

Top Bottom