Bolero & Xylo Achieves Mileage of 35.15 & 27.7 KPL

Good then.

Stick to the right most lane, stay steady at 45-50kmph on Top gear.

No breaks or Gearshifts!

Atleast try Half Tank Run!

You should be suprised :)

Good then.

Stick to the right most lane, stay steady at 45-50kmph on Top gear.

No breaks or Gearshifts!

Atleast try Half Tank Run!

You should be suprised :)
I agree with Zinam.

On 8th feb 2009 a similar type of marathon was organized by hyundai in hyderabad that ended up at HighWay-9 on Medchal road.It consisted of 45 i10s and the highest mileage achieved was 44.5km/l as far as I remember.During that date I was lucky I was on a business trip to hyderabad and we friends went to HighWay-9 for fun and go-karting and got chance to interact with some of the participants.They covered 20% city traffic and 80% high way.

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Mahindra Xylo Achieves Milage of 27.7 KPL!

Here's a first Exclusive Report, Mahindra & Mahindra reports us that the Xylo has clocked a remarkable mileage figure of 27.7 KPL at recently held Marathon in Delhi. A Press Release is attached below;

Synopsis:

• Mahindra organises XYLO Mileage Marathon in Delhi
  • 60 XYLO families participated in the marathon
  • 97% of the participants achieved fuel efficiency figures over 15 kmpl
  • 70% of the vehicles returned fuel efficiency figures over 20 kmpl
  • Overall fuel average achieved was 21.43 kmpl
  • The highest mileage registered was 27.7 km/litre of diesel
  • Winners received exciting prizes including 4 nights 5 days trip to Bangkok

Mumbai, February 17, 2010: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), the market leader in the utility vehicles segment in India, recently organised a unique XYLO Mileage Marathon, a special Mahindra Top Gear club initiative, for its customers in Delhi. Intended to highlight the vehicle's superior mileage feature, the drivathon saw participation from 60 XYLO families and engaged them in an effort to generate enhanced customer acceptability and endorsement.

"We are absolutely delighted to see the enthusiasm of our proud XYLO owners and my congratulations to all the winners. The XYLO has been a runaway success since its launch over a year ago, reflecting high customer satisfaction levels. This Mileage Marathon is a unique customer-centric effort which will not only give the owners an idea of the vehicle's fuel efficient nature but will also help them understand their XYLO experience better," said Mr. Vivek Nayer, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.

The event format saw XYLO customers top up their fuel tanks before driving their cars on a pre-determined 108 km route. The aim of this exercise was to ascertain the best fuel consumption figures in both city and highway operating conditions. Winners were adjudged on the basis of the best mileage figures attained during the drive.

Mr. Kundan Lal Khattar registered the highest mileage figure of 27.7 km/litre of diesel. He received a 4 nights 5 days trip to Bangkok. Mr. Gaurav Puri and Mr. Anil Kumar came tied for second place with a mileage figure of 27.6 km/litre. In addition to this, 97% of the participants achieved fuel efficiency figures of over 15 kmpl, 70% of the vehicles returned fuel efficiency figures greater than 20 kmpl and the overall fuel average of the entire group was 21.43 kmpl.

It was also an occasion for the families to enjoy a special entertainment programme which included karaoke, dance performances and games for the children present at the event.

Perhaps the most complete car with luxury comforts to enter the Indian market, the XYLO has achieved great success since its launch in January 2009, with sales in the first year alone crossing 30,000 units. The XYLO boasts a wide array of unique features including Flat Bed front seats, Digital Drive Assist System (DDAS), foldable flight trays, Reverse Park Assist and surround cool dual ACs. This has led customers to perceive it as an ideal alternative to premium sedans.

The XYLO recently also received several prestigious awards from the automotive media, including MUV of the Year from the NDTV Profit Car and Bike Awards, UV of the Year from the CNBC TV 18 Overdrive Awards and MPV of the Year from the Zigwheels Car and Bike Awards.

Drive Safe,
350Z

IMHO, Proving big figures in such marathons with cautious driving and all is nothing so great about because at the end the consumer will get a mileage which is REAL in cities and highways, unless he/she is buying one car to drive in marathons!

That would be very irritating to someone behind you, who is not attempting a mileage run!![frustration]

May be, But in India, almost the left lanes are occupied by lorries.

You have to slow down, gear change & clutch press which affects in mileage again!

So sticking to the right lane is no way wrong & I prefer overtaking in the left rather than right.

I beleive most highways with dividers works this way.

May be, But in India, almost the left lanes are occupied by lorries.

You have to slow down, gear change & clutch press which affects in mileage again!

So sticking to the right lane is no way wrong & I prefer overtaking in the left rather than right.

I beleive most highways with dividers works this way.
Left? Or right?
And road habits in India are bad, and will not change very easy!!

Here is a test i did in my car 4 days back.

I fill my tank to full(for the tirupathy trip) at night.

then went for a 100 kms drive.
Again fill it to brim from same bunk.(He looked me in a different angle when he saw me again and me saying to him "full tank")

i drove with windows closed , no ac at steady speed at 2000 rpm in 5th gear
the fill was 3.72L

Thread Starter #28

350Z

Core Team
Left? Or right?
And road habits in India are bad, and will not change very easy!!
In Delhi (or I think in all major cities) HMVs like buses are allotted the extreme left lane and I believe, overtaking from left of a vehicle is a no good practice.

ilango[speed thirst];24513 said:
Here is a test i did in my car 4 days back.

I fill my tank to full(for the tirupathy trip) at night.

then went for a 100 kms drive.
Again fill it to brim from same bunk.(He looked me in a different angle when he saw me again and me saying to him "full tank")

i drove with windows closed , no ac at steady speed at 2000 rpm in 5th gear
the fill was 3.72L
So in the end, How much mileage you achieved?

Drive Safe,
350Z

So in the end, How much mileage you achieved

To be exact , the distance driven was 98km

it was 26.3 .This is without ac , windows rolled up , night drive with almost nil braking. steady at 60/2000 rpm at 5th gear.

In general , with normal driving with ac , i hope i get 19kmpl.This is not exact.
If i fill up now , i'll get exact figure for normal driving. But i didnt

Thats pretty great figure for your car ilango!

I am impressed. I am really looking forward for mileage test in my car. should do it in Chennai - pondy meet.

Top Bottom