Bolero & Xylo Achieves Mileage of 35.15 & 27.7 KPL

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Direct Information from Mahindra Auto for TAI -

November 29, 2009, Kochi: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), India’s undisputed leader in the utility vehicle segment, recently organised the Mahindra Bolero Mileage Marathon aimed at highlighting the superior mileage of India’s No. 1 SUV, at Kochi. A total of 32 Bolero families participated in the event which was a special customer-centric initiative.

“The Mahindra Bolero Mileage Marathon in Kochi gave a clear idea on fuel efficiency of India’s No. 1 SUV. A testament to this is the winning mileage of 35.15 kms/litre clocked by Mr. Seby K B. The Bolero’s superior value proposition, style and rugged appeal coupled with our customer-centric approach to business have been major contributors to its success over the years,” said Mr. Vivek Nayer, Senior Vice President – Marketing, Auto Sector, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd.

The Mileage Marathon, covering a distance of approximately 58 kms, was a close contest with the first runner-up, Mr. James C K, clocking an average of 31.35 kms/litre, while the second runner-up, Mr. Jamseer T S, clocked an average of 28.79 kms/litre.

The winners received exciting prizes and all participants were entertained by a variety of special programs & events.

Bolero owners and their families participated in the event with great enthusiasm.

Since its launch in June 2001, the Bolero has evolved over the years, incorporating a host of features and aesthetics which match the evolving lifestyle aspirations of Indian consumers. In 2007, M&M launched the New Bolero which offered a bold new style, greater comfort and conveniences. In September 2008, Mahindra introduced the most powerful Bolero yet - the Bolero VLX powered with CRDe technology. October 2008 saw the launch of the Bolero SLX with Micro-Hybrid technology which ensures better fuel efficiency by reducing wastage, resulting in lower operating costs.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Wow unbelievable!! Is it a straight 58km stretch like a track or normal traffic??

But still 35.15kmpl is amazing!!

Arun

Suspended
Are you sure it is 35.15 kmpl and not 15.35?
If my Estilo would give even half of it I would be happy. :biggrin:

Arun

Suspended
sorry guys. but could not stop laughing. my dio returns me 30km/l and this SUV 35.15 kmpl? i really pity my dio.
Your Dio can cut through traffic! Pity the Bolero now! :biggrin:

Was the engine spruced up or something? A stock Bolero can't return that mileage even if it is pushed around.

October 2008 saw the launch of the Bolero SLX with Micro-Hybrid technology which ensures better fuel efficiency by reducing wastage, resulting in lower operating costs.
I guess it must be the above variant.Its impossible for a normal one to achieve that figure.

These Mileage figures can be achieved in any car!

Trust me.

Fill up your tank, Drive your car not more than 45-50!

No gear shifts pure highways!

This is called Marathon.

Even i10 gives a mileage of 50.25kms :)

what ? i10 and a mileage of 50.25? is that your personal experience zinam? my alto has given me a mileage of 22+ kms on a long trip mostly on highways with speeds exactly at 80 kmph(according to the speedo) most of the time. and i thought that was the best figures an alto can give. but after some time i read in BS motoring that maruti had organised a mileage challenge and the highest in alto was ~33kmpl that's all. its was the max. zinam i doubt whether i 10 gives such good figures even in a controlled drive. its not only i10. even my alto won't give "more for sure". anyways people come on. start testing your cars. the only cost involved is a full tank , a sunday and 1 hour of time. maybe i'll try it after my exams.

Hey SriHarsha!

Its not my Drive!

Its a drive organized by Hyundai. You can check out at any hyundai showrooms.

They should have a big poster sticked on entrance!

You drove @ 80kmph which everyone do, I am asking you to drive at 45-50, very light foot! Almost no breaks & gear change.

Tell me how much do you fetch out of alto :)

Top Bottom