BMW X1 is HERE to Rock the Indian Roads!

AMG

Suspended
BMW X1 spied testing in India

Source : motoroids

X1 will cost 24 lakhs in India
Source: motorcrunch

AMG

Suspended
24 lakhs

It is ideally meant to compete with the freelander 2 which currently costs 35 lakhs, but will soon be made here in India, so it would also cost 24 lakhs.

It may also compete with Captiva, Fortuner, CR-V Pajero, Outlander, Endeavour, Grand Vitara and Santa Fe all of which cost around 20 Lakhs.

Looks are rather aggressive and appealing.
What will it compete with?
You really wanna know? Okay, let me tell you. The X1 is slated to be BMW India's entry level car, the stepping stone to BMW ownership. It will be offered with the 2.0L diesel mill producing 177PS and the 2.5L petrol in-line six producing 204bhp. Coming in October, it will slot below the 3-Series sedan and will cost around Rs.25-28 lakh! Though Autocar India, in their first drive report state that the quality of the X1 is not what you would expect from a Bimmer, it still is as good as the CR-V and X-Trail, the cars with which it will eventually compete.

Here is a snapshot of Autocar India's report of the BMW X1. First impressions are good, though not as good as you would expect from a BMW. It lacks some of that feel-good factor that is generally associated with a BMW, but nevertheless it is much better to drive than its rivals. To read more, pick up this month's ACI.

Attachments

AMG

Suspended
It cant beat an Outlander in fun-to-drive factor.

And it is smaller than an CR-V.

It will have to be an Outlander for me if it is to be petrol and Endy if I want a diesel.
P.S. I love Automatics[:D]

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
Confirmed – BMW is launching one of their most affordable SUVs in India on December 23rd, 2010. The X1 will come with a powerful 1995cc engine, which is capable to produce 177HP and 350NM of torque. Apart of this, this car will come equipped with many other exciting features and options. Below are the Ex. showroom Delhi prices of the BMW X1:

- sDrive18i: Rs.22 Lakhs
- sDrive20d: Rs.23.90 Lakhs
- sDrive20d Exclusive: Rs.29.90 Lakhs

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good news , pricing is almost similar to BMW 3-series corporate edition.
Yup! close to corp. edition but X1 will be far more VFM than that I believe. what an irony of life..BMW and Merc prices are getting more affordable but i still cant purchase them..[cry]

Confirmed – BMW is launching one of their most affordable SUVs in India on December 23rd, 2010. The X1 will come with a powerful 1995cc engine, which is capable to produce 177HP and 350NM of torque. Apart of this, this car will come equipped with many other exciting features and options. Below are the Ex. showroom Delhi prices of the BMW X1:

- sDrive18i: Rs.22 Lakhs
- sDrive20d: Rs.23.90 Lakhs
- sDrive20d Exclusive: Rs.29.90 Lakhs

Drive Safe,
350Z
Really great pricing on such a nice car, Fotuner buyers are going to think twice.

Just can't wait for the launch, 1st the Aria, then Santa FE n the popular Yeti.

Now Thar n X1.... Of god last quarter has been simply great for the SUV/Jeep/Crossover enthusiasts :). Just as me :).

Top Bottom