BMW R18 Transcontinental Launched in India

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
20230323043649_Untitled_14_.jpg

The BMW R 18 Transcontinental now goes on sale in India for Rs. 31.5 lakh (ex-showroom). The new motorcycle has been announced as a completely built-up unit (CBU) which will be available for purchase starting today (Thursday) through the BMW Motorrad dealer network.

20230323043649_Untitled_15_.jpg

With the latest addition, the BMW R18 line-up is now available for purchase in three variants - R 18, The R 18 Classic and The R 18 Transcontinental. The company says that the new R 18 Transcontinental "brings alive a nostalgic touring experience in a luxurious style."

The new bagger from BMW Motorrad gets the same 1,802 cc boxer-twin engine, making 90 bhp at 4,750 rpm and puts out a massive 158 Nm of peak torque at 3,000 rpm. The engine is paired to a 6-speed gearbox with a single-disc dry clutch. BMW offers a reverse gear as an optional extra.

Safety features list on the new R18 Transcontinental include dynamic engine brake control, cruise control, ABS, automatic stability control, reverse gear, hill start control, steering stabilizer, riding modes, and more. The bike also gets a huge 10.25-inch TFT colour display which harmoniously blends into the classic appearance of the cruiser. In addition, it also features smartphone connectivity, heated seats, LED fog lamps, heated grips, onboard speakers for music, antitheft alarm, central locking system and adaptive headlights as well.
////

Whoooaaa!!! Well, I am also looking for a BMW bike, and based on my budget, I kind of narrowed down on BMW G310 GS. Any first-hand information on the same will be helpful. Just FYI, I am from Bangalore.
Thanks

Top Bottom