BMW Isetta Spotted in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Thread Starter #1
Last SAT, I was on my way to the lake along with my son. On the way I spotted this BMW bug ! I really don't know whether this was a BMW product. I am just calling it 'BMW Bug' as it is too small (seat for 2 ), with 3 wheels (2 in the front and 1 in the back) and has a BMW logo in the front!! Check out the pictures.

Side-by-side comparison with WV POLO [:)]

My son really felt that this is something he has got to play with because he so used with similar sized toy cars in the kids play ground. I had a tough time to get him out of this. See the image below, you need to open the front door to enter in the car and my son was angry because he was not able do it [lol!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
A BMW Bug - BMW Isetta - spotted in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Hey, here is some more info on this car !

Wiki
The Isetta was one of the most successful microcars produced in the post-World War II years—a time when cheap, short-distance transportation was most needed. Although the design originated in Italy, it was built in a number of different countries, including Spain, Belgium, France, Brazil, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Because of its egg shape and bubble-like windows, it became known as a bubble car—a name later given to other similar vehicles. The car’s origins were with the Italian firm of Iso SpA.
VELAM (France) and Romi (Brazil) subsequently acquired license from Iso. BMW built their own Isetta.

Please read more at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_car

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_Kabine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_Trident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_P50

Wiki
A new version of the BMW Isetta is likely to be introduced in 2010 sharing a platform with the Fiat Topolino. The car is expected to achieve 100 mpg (2.8 L/100 km; 83 mpg).
WOW!! That is great, right?

To MOD:
I tried changing the title of this thread, to include the car name. But it is not changing. Could you please update it?

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Awesome find Shynish.Thanks for sharing it here.
I've seen this car earlier also, I think theres a blue colored one in India as well.
You might be surprised to know but BMW made this "unique" car in partnership with one who manufactured fridges!and hence we see its front door in such a style. It opens like this :

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Excellent picture Vibhor! I am surprised to see that steering assembly !! Do we have the pic of the one in India ?

350Z

Core Team
I'm unable to find a pic of Isetta in India, But will surely post if I found.
Anyways, This is how it looks in blue and If I'm not wrong, Isetta is kept in some Museum here.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Hey, this is a 4 wheel one!! There is a four wheel version also ? Or is it that my eyes are displaying it wrong !!

Last SAT, I was on my way to the lake along with my son. On the way I spotted this BMW bug ! I really don't know whether this was a BMW product. I am just calling it 'BMW Bug' as it is too small (seat for 2 ), with 3 wheels (2 in the front and 1 in the back) and has a BMW logo in the front!! Check out the pictures.
My son really felt that this is something he has got to play with because he so used with similar sized toy cars in the kids play ground. I had a tough time to get him out of this. See the image below, you need to open the front door to enter in the car and my son was angry because he was not able do it [lol!]
Nice find Synish
I had no clue that BMW once manufactured a 3 wheel car.[confused]

OT. You have a really sweet and chubby son Synish(whats his name??),
You'll have a tough time with your son around any car because he has got Automobile genes from You[thumbswink]

Thread Starter #11
Nice find Synish
I had no clue that BMW once manufactured a 3 wheel car.[confused]

OT. You have a really sweet and chubby son Synish(whats his name??),
You'll have a tough time with your son around any car because he has got Automobile genes from You[thumbswink]
Thanks man! His name is 'Adithya Devang Nair' and we call him 'Aadhi'. Yeh you are right, he has got the taste for cars but I think he is more inclined towards music [:)]

Sorry guys little bit personl stuffs in the automobile thread!

Arun

Suspended
Nice find Shynish!

Looks beautiful.No doubt.

Why is there a PHILIPS sticker on the back of the car? [confused]

Top Bottom