BMW i4 Fully Electric 4-Door Gran Coupé Revealed

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
BMW i4 (2).jpg
BMW i4 (1).jpg

. At today’s BMW Group Annual Conference the upcoming BMW i4 was revealed. “With its sporty looks, best in class driving dynamics and zero local emissions, the BMW i4 is a true BMW. It makes the heart of the BMW brand now beat fully electric,” said Pieter Nota, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG responsible for Customer, Brands, Sales.

The BMW i4 is a fully electric 4 door Gran Coupé and will enter the market during the course of 2021, including a BMW M Performance model. Its refined balance of BMW typical sportiness, comfort and sustainable performance are unique in its segment.

The BMW i4 model line will be available in different versions covering ranges of up to 590km (WLTP) and up to 300 miles* (EPA). With a power output of up to 390kW / 530HP the BMW i4 can accelerate from zero to 100km/h in around 4 seconds.
Regards
Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New 2021 BMW i4 electric car arrives with 367-mile range

BMW i4 2021-10.jpg

This is the new BMW i4: a four-door, all-electric gran coupé that’s similar in size to the 3 Series. It’s gunning directly for the Tesla Model 3, and will be on UK roads very soon, priced from £51,905.

BMW i4 2021-13.jpg

The new EV uses BMW’s CLAR modular cluster architecture – which also sits beneath the current 3 Series and a number of other models, right up to the X7 SUV. The i4 measures 4,785mm, has a 470-litre boot and integrates a super-slim lithium-ion battery beneath the floor of the passenger cell with a usable capacity of 81kWh.
BMW i4 2021-6.jpg

There are two models at launch, with the eDrive40 version featuring BMW’s trademark rear-wheel-drive layout, while the high-performance M50 has a rear-biased xDrive four-wheel-drive set-up.

BMW i4 2021.jpg

Priced from £51,905 (£53,405 in M Sport specification), the eDrive40’s rear-mounted electric motor is rated at 335bhp, and 0-62mph in 5.7 seconds is claimed, while top speed stands at 118mph. Perhaps more importantly, the car’s WLTP-tested range is an impressive 367 miles.

BMW i4 2021-2.jpg

The more powerful M50 variant, which is in M Sport trim by default, is priced from £63,905. It has a second electric motor up on the front axle for a total power output of 537bhp. This means the 0-62mph time drops to 3.9 seconds and there’s a 140mph top speed. Range decreases to a claimed 316 miles. Both vehicles have a maximum recharging rate of 200kW, so the battery can be replenished from 10-80 per cent in as little as 31 minutes.

BMW i4 2021-3.jpg

Key to this are unique suspension set-ups for both i4 variants. Rear air suspension is fitted as standard, while the M50 adds adaptive M dampers. Both versions of the i4 receive a new dynamic stability control system that acts up to 10 times faster than a conventional set-up.

BMW i4 2021-5.jpg

BMW claims that the rigidity of the i4’s chassis and the weight distribution (plus a wider track than the 3 Series, front and rear) are integrated with sharp steering for a strong all-round driving experience that’s both engaging in corners and capable of delivering excellent long-distance cruising comfort.

BMW i4 2021-3 (1).jpg
[/center[]

Further features include launch control, while the new traction control set-up allows for the execution of controlled drifts. It can be switched off entirely, too. The sleek shape of the i4 results in a drag coefficient of 0.24Cd, and active aerodynamic elements are a part of the package. At the front, the large, 4 Series-inspired kidney grille features flaps at the bottom that open and close. These are adjustable in 10 stages, ranging from completely closed for pure aerodynamic efficiency, to wide open to allow cooling for the battery, brakes and electrical system.

Source

Top Bottom