BMW 320d Executive at Rs.24 Lakhs

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team
BMW 330i to kick out 325i in March

BMW India is looking to spice up its 3-series range with the launch of the 330i, which will eventually replace the 325i as the range-topper in India. The 3-series flagship will come with a larger three-litre, in-line six-cylinder engine that develops a potent 258bhp, which should propel the sporty saloon to 100kph in under seven seconds before hitting a top speed of 250kph. In fact, the 330i is powered by the same engine as the 530i that's currently on sale in India.

The 330i comes packed with an ocean of equipment and safety features. It gets front and side airbags for driver and co-passenger, engine immobiliser, cruise control with brake function, ABS, automatic stability control (ASC), EBD, and hill-start assist to name a few. On the inside, it features automatic two-zone climate control, multi-function leather steering wheel, an on-board computer, steering adjust for reach and rake, CD player and auxiliary points for an MP3 player with six speakers.

While the 320d forms the bulk of 3-series sales in India, the 330i will appeal only to a handful of enthusiasts and is unlikely to sell in huge numbers. BMW India's decision to launch the 330i is more strategic. Firstly, BMW wants to take on the Audi A4 3.2 V6 petrol but, more importantly, it wants to flesh out its range and offer options at various price points. Prices haven’t been announced yet but we expect the 330i to cost a shade under Rs 40 lakh or a couple of lakhs more than the 325i, which is expected to be discontinued.

Courtesy: Autocar India

Drive Safe,
350Z

A great pick for performance enthusiasts who prefer not to spend much more!

Bmw's have always been my favorite and tops in my list of dream cars i wish to own!

I believe it is a fabulous move by BMW. They know that they lost many of their target customers to the Audi A4 3.2 FSI, and have decided to come out with a pocket rocket of their own. Also, this will help BMW wrest back its crown from Mercedes-Benz, the current luxury car segment leader in India. It is a win-win situation for the customers though! [:D]

BMW was having great times in Dec and around but recently Merc has took over them by leaps hence BMWs getting serious for some action. 330i will be a great performance pack model but the cost will be too much, for that one can easily go for a level up Volvo S80 or might be a base 5 series!

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team
Now Launched!

BMW yesterday launched the affordable 320d and sportier 330i variants of 3-Series range in India and both are priced at Rs.23.95 Lakhs and 33.40 Lakhs respectively. BMW 320d’s four-cylinder diesel engine displaces 1995 cc with the maximum output reaching 130kW at 4000 RPM and maximum torque of 350 Nm at 1750-3000 RPM. The BMW 330i on other hand features a 2996cc six-cylinder engine with the maximum output of 190kW at 6600 RPM and maximum torque of 300Nm at 2500-4000 RPM. Below are the pictures from notjustshrawan. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

The specs of the 330i is adrenaline pumping!! Wish i could my hands on all that power! The Interiors are looking neat and the rear looks like it can seat 3 adults comfortably!!

The specs of the 330i is adrenaline pumping!! Wish i could my hands on all that power! The Interiors are looking neat and the rear looks like it can seat 3 adults comfortably!!
Yes Dhaya! 3 people policies can be told only till 20 Lakhs!

Any Sedans/saloons above will surely accomodate 3 easily.

BMW is no exception.

This is going to sell like hot cake for sure. May be I have to rethink my idea of owning an SUV now [thumbsup]

Of course!!! When you're paying tons of cash for a luxury car, you would expect almost everything! Though not as comfortably as a Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the 3-Series can easily accommodate 3 occupants at the rear. Yay! Now i can finally think of getting a 320d by the time i am 21! [clap]

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team
I doubt if ripped off version is on sale for individuals as we discussed about cheaper BMW being offered for fleet customers, On previous page of this thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I doubt if ripped off version is on sale for individuals as we discussed about cheaper BMW being offered for fleet customers, On previous page of this thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z
This is confirmed news 350Z. I asked many people in the know about it too, and they say its on sale for individuals too. That's why i am so happy about this! A credible rival to the Toyota Camry and Nissan Teana.

Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team
Then It’s a worth pleasurable news indeed and with-in next 5 years will notice quite a few other luxury cars to become much affordable, since the competition is only going to get tougher.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The BMW 320d Corporate Edition, the base 3-series model, is now made available to individuals for a mouth watering price. The Corporate Edition was previously available only to fleet customers with a minimum purchase of three vehicles. But now BMW has decided to expand the reach of its 3-series by offering the base version to a single or individual buyer as well.
A small but significant change in the 320d Corporate Edition for individuals is the inclusion of a semi-electric driver’s seat which adjusts electrically for height and recline (forward and backward adjustment is still manual), unlike the Corporate Edition for fleet owners which had full manual adjust and nothing electric.
Unlike the fully loaded 320d Highline, there is no sunroof and CD changer - only a single CD player is available. Also, the Corporate Edition has no wood garnishing but simple black trim and fabric seats. However, these are small concessions to make since the Corporate Edition is a massive Rs. 10 lakh cheaper than the Highline and is incredible value for money. Source-Autocar India. See, I told you. It's for individuals too. [:D] I want my 320d! Now!

Top Bottom