BMC Enters India with Performance Air Filters

Thread Starter #1
Italian technology giant BMC has made a silent entry into India with its high-performance air filters. For those not in the know, BMC has the distinction of working with prestigious brands like Ferrari, BMW, Audi, Fiat and Porsche among others.

Globally, the BMC performance air filters come fitted as stock in cars like the Porsche GT3 RS 4.0, Mercedes SL AMG Black Edition, BMW M3 CSL, 500 Abarth SS Kit and the Grande Punto Abarth. They have a strong presence in the international motorsport scene as well by supplying the Ferrari Formula 1 team, Cosworth, World Touring Car Championship, WSBK and MotoGP.

BMC claim that their air filters employ the use of cotton gauze pre-oiled filters with an aluminium mesh that incorporates a wider filtration area compared to stock air filters. BMC filters offer a level of filtration that goes down as low as 7 microns. They also claim it allows more air to pass through (98.5%). In addition, their filters halve the drop in pressure experienced in OEM paper-based filters. This drop in pressure reduces the amount of air available for combustion, leading to a decrease in performance.

Prices for replacement air filters start at an affordable price of Rs 4,500 and Rs 5,000 for the conical air filters. In addition to cars, BMC will also provide air filters for 2-wheelers which will enhance the drivability and allow it to breathe better, resulting in improved performance.

The filters will be available from Red Rooster dealers located in Bangalore, Belgaum, Coimbatore, Hyderabad and Kerala. Mumbai and Delhi will also have ready stock of BMC products via 4 Seasons and Speedsport respectively. Readily available modifications in terms of performance air filters will be available for cars like the Suzuki Swift and the Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. BMC will also be available for most petrol-engine cars depending on the nature of modification.

Another Failure to see in recent times

Are you serious ? 4500 for an airfilter ?

GET out mate!

Air filters are you serious!!! If your not turbo charging it , you wouldn't really need expensive airfilter the OEM will do , if turbo/supercharging POD is the way to go

I'd rather spend 170$ ( 8000rs on Pod than 4500 on Air filter)

Thread Starter #3
Air filters are you serious!!! If your not turbo charging it , you wouldn't really need expensive airfilter the OEM will do , if turbo/supercharging POD is the way to go

I'd rather spend 170$ ( 8000rs on Pod than 4500 on Air filter)
Totally agree with you, even I find the pricing to be too expensive.

Nah man its not worth it
because driving conditions on India is different , dust is everywhere , these airfilters will die soon (even if they say 20,000 Kms) like in 2-3 months time they will be clogged like hell.

I wouldn't call this a wise move by the company

yeah dude of course
I've seen cars they still are running with one of those crappy filters and guess what .. they are still running [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom