Bluetooth Headset Wireless vs Wired Ear Phones

Thread Starter #1
I felt this is an important issue which focus on the reducing radiation effect of the mobile phones. Most of the time it is tried and proved that we cannot reduce the phone calls, hence finding out the best possible thing to avoid its radiation effects on us[:)]

Some say that radiation will be less with Bluetooth headset, but some say that the signals will be directly received by the Bluetooth headset hence the radiation will be directly near our ears[confused]

Some say that using a good wired head set is always good that the signals will be received by the phone and just we are getting transferred the sound from the device to the ear phones[confused]

So I felt to know which good and which is not as most our members and others must be using the Bluetooth device while driving.

Friends try and through some thought on this and share the all good information

If you are using BT head set, keep your phone on the table not in your pocket. keeping the

phone in your pocket and talking in the bluetooth only frees your hands. BT operates at

higher frequencies. however note that any wireless devices emits RF.

SAR- Specific absorption rate is a rate of body absorption of RF energy emitted by the

wireless device (here a cellphone).

from the gsmarena and the manufactuer website you can get the SAR values. please note that a

lower SAR value does not mean that it does not cause much radiation. the SAR value is given

after testing so that the device does not exceed the standard value.
SAR value is measured when the device is operted at its maximum power

if you are using wired headset it too is good. but note that the phone emits RF irrespective

of the headset used. so if want to reduce the RF exposure to your body kindly keep the phone

alittle away from you.

also the RF emission is not constant, it depends on the distance to tower, Electro magnetic

interference etc. it even depends on the OS too. that's why some firmware updates are really

impportant. i have experience on that because i have used various firmwares on my Motorola

L7 and have noticed considerable improvement of the heat(if a device has to use more power

it may heat up slightly and use more battery), battery life etc.

it is why the pouches with magnetic clousers are not recommended. they do affect cellphones

use one with velcro strap.

I think this is a point which might require a debate/analysis whatever to decide to use what. It seems both has more or less same kind of problems.

Okie, I am planning to buy this attached bluetooth headset. Is that worth buying it?

Nokia BH-214 Stereo Bluetooth Headphone with 6 Months Warranty Cost of this is Rs.725/-

The BH-214 is a Stereo Bluetooth adapter with a built-in clip and 3.5mm audio jack, allowing you to use your headphone of choice. If you noticed we called it an adapter and not a headset. Technically a headset consists of both headphone and a microphone. The microphone itself is built into the BH-214 and it isn’t until you attach an ear/headphone can it be categorized as a Bluetooth headset. Even though you do have the option of using you own headphone.

The Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-214 is a lightweight hands free headset that clips on to help keep you entertained and connected throughout the day.

Specifications:
  • Control your music with the easy-to-use keys
  • Manage your calls with the push of a button
  • Attach securely with the built-in clip
  • Use any headphones with the additional 3.5 mm jack
  • Charging time: Up to 2 hours
  • Bluetooth specification: Bluetooth Specification 2.1 + EDR, Headset Profile, 1.1, Hands-Free Profile (HFP) 1.5, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile, (A2DP) 1.2 and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.0
  • Weight: Main body: 17.8 g, Headphones: 9.5g
  • Dimensions: 51 mm x 39 mm x 18 mm (Length x Width x Thickness)
  • Battery: Li-ion Polymer Rechargeable Battery 110 mAh

Compatibility:

The headset supports Bluetooth Specification 2.1 + EDR, Headset Profile 1.2, Hands-Free Profile (HFP) 1.5, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2 and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.0.

Package includes:
  • Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-214 (OEM)
  • Non - Nokia Charger
  • Instruction Manual is not included

Nokia-BT-01.JPG

Nokia-BT-02.JPG

Nokia-BT-03.JPG

Nokia-BT-04.JPG

Nokia-BT-05.JPG

Nokia-BT-06.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
@Sethu,

wireless Bluetooth headsets are really handy and easy to use, but be warned on using such things will have all the radiation effects at your ears as the signals are directly received by such headset instead of phone. It is always see safe using the wired headset which only transfer the audio two your ears from phone and never carry any radiation. This is as per my study and understanding[:)]

Gurrala sir thanks for the caution.

This seems to be equal to wired hands free/headset only. Only the connection to phone is missing.

I am using wired hands free/headset for past 6-7 years and I have some practical problems in office as well as travel with that. that is the reason I am looking for Bluetooth. I do not want wireless Bluetooth which you can fit in your ears directly.

Thread Starter #6
Oh Sethu,

So can you please tell me that how this one will work, even it is a painful thing for me using the wired headset always !!

Oh Sethu,

So can you please tell me that how this one will work, even it is a painful thing for me using the wired headset always !!
You simple connect the blue tooth receiver in your shirt collar and connect any simple 3.5mm earphone.

Simple Wired Bluetooth Headset.jpg

• Advantages of this is, you can listen to other person voice very clearly as we are talking in wired headset. I feel the blue tooth which can be fixed in your ear may have some disturbances since another ear is open.
  • More over in wired head phone you can not use your phone freely for some other purposes like calculator, phone-book or something like that since it is connected with wire. In this you are free to use phone without any disturbances.
  • And another advantage [at-least for me] you can use this as head set and listen to music freely.

I have inquired about same kind in market and all they have is above Rs.2000 which is very huge for my budget. But they are saying other things which you buy for less amount will go off in 6-8 months. But I am sure even the costly ones are not lasting for years together. Just my opinion. But as usual I am little bit scared of taking first step.

Come on sir. Some where signal has to received. Either your short pocket, your ear or your hip. anywhere we have some problem. If do not want anything let us go back to black old traditional phone[;)]

Thread Starter #10
Come on sir. Some where signal has to received. Either your short pocket, your ear or your hip. anywhere we have some problem. If do not want anything let us go back to black old traditional phone[;)]
Sethu,

I am not discouraging you for that, but see this

If it is just a phone, then after receive a call, we take in to our hands and keep the phone to some distance to the ear and speak.

In case of wired headphones, if in a car we put it on a stand and if in office keep it on the table , if while walking hold it in hands. All the 3 scenarios are bit safe.

If signals are received at collor, then that is near to your heart, so it is like keeping the phone in shirt pocket and speaking with ear phones connected[:)]

I am just trying to see which one would be better, nothing to offend sir. I have opened the thread to have this kind of discussions only

Ha Ha. Sir Seriously even I don't know what will be our best. If you ask I will do the following.

At Office/Home
Keep both phone and Bluetooth aside. When ever phone comes take the blue tooth alone fix it to your shirt and do the conversation. Once it is over remove the Bluetooth aside.

Assume you are riding your bike or driving your car
you can keep it fixed in your shirt till you reach your destination and remove it there.

I can see only two advantages.
One you can continue your work while you are conversation.
You can avoid those long wires comming from phone hanging your neck or body like snake in shiva's shoulder [My friends used to scold me like that when ever they see me with hands free]

For me daily morning and evening when am travelling in company vehicle [nearly 1 and half hours] to office I can use additionally for listening to songs. I love listening to songs during such times.

Top Bottom