Blackberry Mobile Phone Discussions

I'm now thinking of replacing the E71 with a BlackBerry. Zeroed in on the Bold 9000. Yes it's not a typo. It's the 9000 or the Bold 1. If you compare the specs of all the Bolds you'll notice there's not much difference. In fact the 9000 has more internal memory than the 2 & 3. The form factor of the 2 & 3 was not so popular so in the 4 they have gone back to the original styling. I don't see the point in spending 30K just for a few extra features. I'm getting the 9000 for less than 9K on eBay.
What do you think guys. I can go for the 399 plan on my Vodafone prepaid.

if you are getting the 9000 then its fine. dont get the 8520. or if possible then 9700 also then get it!
I didn't like the 8520. It's underspeced compared to the E71. The 9700 is not available easily and that too quite expensive. The 9780 is freely available but at around 19-20K not worth it. The 9900 is way to expensive for the moment. I'll try out the 9000 just for the BB experience and then decide whether to upgrade to the 9900.

I received the Bold 9000 yesterday and I'm loving it. I activated the Vodafone BIS399 plan and after a few hiccups got it working fine. Configured 4 e-mail accounts, downloaded some apps and set up the Wi-Fi. Now when configuring my G-Mail I selected the sync contacts option. Now I've got a lot of unwanted contacts. So I tried to use the desktop Manager to re-install my contacts from Outlook. When I try to sync it says to turn wireless off. I tried all options suggested by various people but with no luck. I also noticed that the EDGE on the screen is now replaced by GSM. I have heard that the EDGE (not edge) indicates that the data plan is active. When I try to go to E-Mail settings I get the following message " Your connection to the mobile network is turned on, but you are not in a wireless coverage area." Could it be because the BB service is down? It really pisses me off why they can make the menu standard and user friendly. Why do they have to make turning on or off a sync dependent on the coverage.

guys , i need help
I need to send one phone to my Mama ji , I was thinking Blackberry 9300 3g but then he said he doesnt know how to use those phones
so should i go for 8520

I just realised my balance went to negative. Went to the Vodafone store and they told me that I am being charged for browsing. I was connected to the home WiFi all the time. Now I recharged Rs. 100 to check but the BB service is still not activated.

Got my Blackberry sorted to this issue as well as a few others. Blackberry is give some paid Apps free in compensation for the worldwide disruption of service some days ago. However I am getting an error whenever I am downloading. Maybe the error is intentional.

Peter, Can you find out if we can unlock BB 8520 ? I was thinking to buy one for my Dad
Firstly where are you buying it? Which operator is it locked to? Tell the operator that you are travelling abroad and need to use a local SIM there. They should give you the code. If not you can get the code online by paying $5-10. There are also ways of doing it for free but I'm not sure. Check out CrackBerry.com. There is a lot of info there.

mathan

Suspended
I got my Blackberry as a gift from UK. But unfortunately it was network locked. So i was searching for an unlocking solution. Luckily i got the best unlocking solution from a website at affordable cost.

Hey guys need some help on my cousins blackberry 9630. He was using a different phone but something went wrong with his phone so he put his sim in his old 9630. But the phone shows emergency calls only and won't let him make any calls. He is getting 3G though?

So any idea guys what's wrong with the phone?

Well I am a typical BB guy and have been using BB's since ling time(took a break for 6 months when I bought a Nokia E63 though) and the best solution I have felt till date is. Throw it away and buy a new one.[;)]
Else ask your cousin to visit the service center. BB's have fantastic quality(IMO) and hence I guess they are good even after they are serviced.

Top Bottom