Black Venom: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Darth Vader: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

1. I believe SR looks sporty enough. Stay away from Stickering IMO. Or you can go for matte stickering over glossy panels. A little but of Photo editing should give good idea.
Do you have photos of carbon stickers?

2. USB charger is a practical addition. Could go for it.

Thread Starter #32
Re: Darth Vader: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

1. I believe SR looks sporty enough. Stay away from Stickering IMO. Or you can go for matte stickering over glossy panels. A little but of Photo editing should give good idea.
Do you have photos of carbon stickers?

2. USB charger is a practical addition. Could go for it.
Will send you the pics as soon as the dealer gets stock.

USB charger is a needed for me coz everytime I need to charge my iPhone whenever I'm out.Hence,will get one soon.

Thread Starter #33
From Darth Vader to Black Venom!!

And,yes changed my SR150's name to Black Venom from Darth Vader.Now,thinking to blacken my Black Venom's indicator lights and rear light.

And,completed 2200 Kms today and odo reading is 2235 Kms as of today and ran around 70 Kms on my Venom today and I felt this scoot is easy to maneuver on B2B traffic and today,I enjoyed doing twistles on B2B traffic.

Mods:Please change this thread title as "Black Venom:My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review".

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
100 days of love with Black Venom!

Completed 2300 Kms too today and the odo reading as per today is 2303 Kms and did nearly 60 Kms of riding within city traffic today once again and today he has completed 100 days with me.In these 100 days,I had got first service done,number plates changed for 3 times,had a mini photoshoot with Venom on Saturday and got the horn retuned today instead of replacing it and sounding much better than before for 50 bucks at my dealer.By next week,I would be doing another 200-250 Kms with Venom and I had ridden nearly 140 Kms with Venom since Saturday within city despite my running is 30 Kms up and down per day.I would be giving my Venom for 2nd service next week mostly and will be getting the bulbs changed to LED's offered by dealer.Yes,my dealer is offering a set of LED bulbs and saw those when I went to get Venom's horn fixed and costs around Rs.900-950(both pair) and fitting charges of Rs.120 and as per my ASC,2nd service costs me around Rs.551.

And,I had met an SR150 Race owner yesterday when I went to see my cousin's car,which was given for painting and denting and when I was looking into my cousin's car,I had seen an SR150 Race came for water wash and asked him,"Bro,are you SR150 owner"?He said,"YES".Then,we shared about our experiences with our SR150's and that guy had changed his Race stock rear indicator lights to KTM type indicator lights and looked cool with those indicator lights and he said he had met with an accident and had gave his SR150 Race for repair and said,everything came to normal.That guy had changed the lights of SR150 to LED's and again he reverted back to stock as the previous headlight was broken due to accident and he said,had to remove it due to this.Now,he is selling those bulbs for Rs.2600 but he had offered me for Rs.1500 and he assured me that he himself will install those bulbs into my SR150 and he is willing to give me the KTM type rear indicator lights too.BTW,his SR150 Race is 2018 version and still on TR and has run more than 5000 Kms and he had went to Goa on his SR150 Race and he did many highway trips on his Race.BTW,I rode his Race version and found that the exhaust sound is bit louder than my SR150 and mileage of SR150 Race as per him is around 25-30 Kmpl wthile I'm getting around 35-40 Kmpl on my SR150 and compared the exhaust sounds of my SR150 and his SR150 Race.

Now,coming soon,"PROJECT BLACK VENOM".

Thread Starter #35
Second service and LED bulbs!

Got second service done yesterday when the reading was 2658 Kms.Just got airfilter cleaned and topped up the oil.Along with service,I got LED lights too,which costed me Rs.1600 for 2 bulbs.First,my SA said it costs Rs.800 for 2 bulbs but the showroom owner had scolded them for saying that the single bulb itself costs Rs.800 and again I had to pay another Rs.800 to them.So total bill was Rs.2177 and in that,Rs.577 costed for second service and Rs.1600 for LED bulbs.After upgrading to LED bulbs,the difference was huge between LED's and OE bulbs.OE bulbs were poor in visibility while LED bulbs are much better but I need to get the focus adjusted a bit for more visibility in the night.

Odo reading as of today is 2703 Kms.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36
Cosmetic update and 60 Kms ride within traffic!

Got some stickers from 100kmph.com today for my Venom.He has run 2826 Kms as of today and rode around 60 Kms around city traffic today,which became routine for me.After service,I got 37 Kmpl yesterday and here posting pics of my Venom after a long time.If ridden rashly,I’m getting around 34-35 Kmpl.

Attachments

Thread Starter #37
3000 Kms and 4 months of ownership!

Completed 3000 Kms with my Venom today and will be completing 4 months of ownership with him this week and joined into Aprilia/Vespa Whatsapp group today.

Previous FE I got was 36.6 Kmpl after 2nd service.

Thread Starter #38
Re: 3000 Kms and 4 months of ownership!

Completed 3000 Kms with my Venom today and will be completing 4 months of ownership with him this week and joined into Aprilia/Vespa Whatsapp group today.

Previous FE I got was 36.6 Kmpl after 2nd service.
Odo reading as of today night-3022 Kms.Ran 55 Kms within city traffic and one friend had test rode my SR and said,brakes are good.

And,since October 23rd till today,I had ran 1000 Kms with my Venom,thanks to my daily commute to college and tuition,which is 12 Kms away from home.Except sundays,I use him everyday.Whenever I want to get groceries or something and to roam within our home,I take our Access 125 out to save Petrol of my SR150 and as my daily commute,I take my SR150 out.

FE update of today's refill-35.8 Kmpl,which is not bad for a 150cc engine considering I ride mostly on bad traffic everyday.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
Update-Did nearly 3500 Kms in 4.5 months but present odo is 3478 Kms as of today.Its been nearly a month since I got my Venom serviced and he has run 820 Kms with daily running of close to 50 Kms per day and in Jan,running will get increased as I'll be travelling to college along with tuitions everyday and daily run would be around 50-60 Kms per day.

Thread Starter #40
Completed 5 months with him and did 3717 Kms in 5 months.Since I had my exams,I didn't roam much on my SR150 and I was frequently carpooling in my friend's i20 as my exam center was located on Vijayawada highway,which is 16 Kms away from my home.But,for last 3 exams,I had to take my Venom to exam center as my friend's i20 was unavailable at that moment.Since yesterday was my last exam,I had done nearly 50 Kms on bad traffic.After riding many scooters like Activa,Access,I feel they are not giving that feel as given by my SR150.I feel SR150 should be in the league of mid range sports bikes like KTM's,R15,FZ.

Thread Starter #41
Completed 4000 Kms with my SR150 yesterday in 5.5 months of ownership.As I've holidays,I'm taking out the SR150 rarely but I roam more whenever I take him out.My moto-scoot is running fine but except one issue,horn,all is going well with SR150 and recently I got my SR150 front indicators and rear lamp blackened for Rs.300.

And,I've heard that Aprilia had launched SR150 with ABS and MRF tyres as my present tyres are Vee rubber tyres and will be changing to MRF as soon as the stock's life comes to an end.

Thread Starter #42
Updating after a long time.

My SR150 has run 4155 Kms in 6 months(completing on 21st) and in 15 days,he has run only 155 Kms,I repeat only 155 Kms due to college holidays and taking it out only for bringing vegetables and groceries and most of the time,I stay at home rather than going out and I go in our cars whenever I'm with my family.When I'm bored,I always take out my SR and go out and have some fun with it.From Feb 1st,the SR would see more usage as I'll be going to college along with tuitions and daily run would be around 50-60 Kms per day.

And,today,my dad had ridden the SR for the first time.Usually,he doesn't prefer two wheelers and prefer taking car but today just to drop someone,he took the keys with my permission and rode for a short distance.

The left mirror of my SR has been broken and I need to replace it soon.Apart from that,my SR is doing fine.

Thread Starter #43
Updates:

There is not much to update about my SR150 as I'm not taking him out these days and ran 4257 Kms as of today.I take him when there is a need to buy groceries or get breakfast for dad and grandfather.And,BTW,I had replaced the left mirror of my SR150 as it got broken on the day when he completed 6 months with me at my local dealership for Rs.250 per mirror.

From first week of Feb,he will be seeing more usage as I'll be taking the SR to college along with tuitions and he needs a good wash too.

Till now,I had spent Rs.3691 on 2 services,1 accident repair(rear mudguard),new set of LED headlight bulbs,blackening front indicators and rear lamp.Now,need to give my SR for 3rd free service in few days.

Thread Starter #44
Updates:

There is not much to update about my SR150 as I'm not taking him out these days and ran 4257 Kms as of today.I take him when there is a need to buy groceries or get breakfast for dad and grandfather.And,BTW,I had replaced the left mirror of my SR150 as it got broken on the day when he completed 6 months with me at my local dealership for Rs.250 per mirror.

From first week of Feb,he will be seeing more usage as I'll be taking the SR to college along with tuitions and he needs a good wash too.

Till now,I had spent Rs.3691 on 2 services,1 accident repair(rear mudguard),new set of LED headlight bulbs,blackening front indicators and rear lamp.Now,need to give my SR for 3rd free service in few days.
Venom has run nearly 250 Kms in 1 week as I had started going to college from this week.Now,the present reading of Venom is 4508 Kms as of today evening and I should give my Venom for 3rd service,which I'll get it done next week mostly as I'm facing issue with low FE(which is not much important for me).Other than that,SR is impressing me so much.

And,3rd service costs me around Rs.500 as per my service guy at Aprilia service center with oil change,checkup and cleanup of brakes,clutch,spark plugs.

And,today,I was thinking that whether I should exchange my SR for a Vespa as I love its looks.Even now,I still regret that I didn't buy the Vespa coz it was Rs.20k more than the SR and still I love the Vespa's retro looks.But,people around me said,are you crazy?Why do you want to sell off your 6+ months old vehicle for Vespa?I said,Vespa bug had hit me hence I'm thinking to exchange my SR for Vespa.But,really I didn't want to sell my SR as I love its performance and bike-ish looks.Just because the Vespa bug had hit me,I was thinking to exchange the SR.

Still I love my SR150 for its looks and performance.Even after 6+ months of its purchase,my Black Venom is the head turner among crowd and still people beside ask about the vehicle routinely like for how much did you buy,which company does this vehicle belong and how much does this vehicle give.But only grouse with my SR is uncomfortable seat and pains my butt after riding it for long time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
Going a bit off topic.

Today,I had rode my cousin's Burgman,which was bought on Jan 24th 2019 in Matte Grey colour and rode 5 to 6 Kms on it and compared it with my SR.

Burgman +ves over SR150:

1.Comfort-This is where my SR150 lacks and seat size is huge than my SR150
2.Storage-Another drawback of my SR and you can put your mobile in the pocket provided by the manufacturer and can put your phone for charging in DC socket in glovebox
3.You can happily stretch your legs like if you are sitting on a cruiser bike like Harley or Thunderbird
4.Suspension is softer than my SR150 and it glides on bad roads easily despite having smaller rear wheels compared to my SR150
5.Features like digital speedometer and LED headlight which came as stock compared to my SR150.which I got the bulbs fitted outside and digital speedometer is now available in newer versions of SR150
6.Mileage-I expect much better FE on Burgman compared to SR due to engine displacement.

SR150 +ves over Burgman:

1.Performance-This is where my SR150 shines.Though Burgman is also powerful,but its not powerful as my SR and Burgman's engine is also same as our Access
2.Brakes-Another best of my SR.Though Burgman has good braking power,but it is nowhere close to my SR150 in terms of braking and BTW,you get ABS in SR150 while Burgman has combi brakes
3.Looks-My SR150 is really a headturner and gets attracted by public even after 6+ months of its purchase
4.Bigger tyres-SR150 has 14 inch wheels while Burgman has 12 inch on front and 10 inch on back

As an SR150 owner since 6.5 months,I feel Burgman excels SR150 in terms of comfort,practicality and mileage while SR150 excels Burgman in terms of performance,brakes and looks.Burgman is for the people who is looking for comfort,reliability and practicality while SR150 is for the people who wants boy racer and bike-ish looks,performance.For me,my SR150 is the winner due to performance,brakes and looks.The drawbacks of my SR150 are hard suspension,uncomfortable seating position and low FE(this is not much important for me as it is more of race track and sports scooter rather than practical scooter).Apart from that,I'm extremely happy with my SR150.

Top Bottom