Black Puppy Comes Home - Our New Black Maruti Alto K10

Hi eyedocsri,this is sathya. I too brought my k10(first car),june last(not yet crossed 300km but went for first service). I too face the problem of reverse gear sound. My father used to start with reverse gear. i am going to try with first gear first,
I am not able to clean windshield and windows properly. What are the wash that you use to clean your car?
Just spray water from the water bottle and wipe it with newspaper,this will give you a neat glass and you could do this in a minute or two,i follow this method whenever i need to give a quick wash to my car.

Thank you for the wash tips. What about the radiator? Do i have to check it? What type of radiator is there in alto k10?
I would actually like to know about car changing fire? What are the ways by which it can catch fire? Because everday or the other i see news in papers.

Thread Starter #63
Hey all you get a windshield foam at reliance autozone which I spray on the windshield and wipe it off works very well. Veryuseful to carry along when you are driving at night :)

Re: first service

On the day of service:
I get a call from RNS motors at 630am asking if i can drop my car sooner as they open at 630 am and i can beat the rush!!!
I said i havent even brushed my teeth and it is too short a notice for someone to bring a car over for service and go to work.
I reached the show room as scheduled at 8 am.
after 15 mins of waiting a service guy asked me if i had any trouble with car. The only thing i had noticed was some squeaking sound i had heard from the rear left corner of the car during my drive to ooty we took a test drive and there was no sound!!
He checked the car inside out noted any scratches on the body. I wash my car myself so i know every scratch on it.There was one small mark on the rear door and the C pillar. I reminded him to fit the steering cover which he had promised during delivery and was delayed due to non availability of the cover.
Sri you shouldn't have accepted the car in such condition.
Were the scratches mentioned on the Service request form prior to leaving the vehicle for service.

And even the scratches looks to me as some kids or some saddist did it.
As it doesn't looks like a scratch happened done during moving the vehicle inside dealership.
The scratches are randomly done by hand.

Thread Starter #66
buddy first of all congrats on your car ,after seeing your beauty i also post mine. hope every body likes my black angels
Hey our cars look like twins [:D] are those plati alloys? Remember seeing them in the shop. What tyres are you running on?
What milage are you getting?
I am getting only 11kmpl in city [confused] it has done 2000kms and finished the first service too.. I am yet to take to the dealer to look into it.. But I am worried the first thing they will blame it on is my 165/60R13 tyres.

[surprise] 11kmpl, that too India's most fuel efficient petrol car? My i10 automatic gives me 12 - 13.5 kmpl in heavy city traffic with 100% AC ON.

Get it checked ASAP at MASS.

Shubham, are your alloys the same what Vinay has on his 800?

Last edited:
Hey our cars look like twins [:D] are those plati alloys? Remember seeing them in the shop. What tyres are you running on?
I am getting only 11kmpl in city [confused] it has done 2000kms and finished the first service too.. I am yet to take to the dealer to look into it.. But I am worried the first thing they will blame it on is my 165/60R13 tyres...[anger]
11kmpl is to low for K10 check with your service center,RNS motors is good for nothing when it comes to service,you could try servicing in Trinity motors near Gangamma Thimmiah Hall,they will try to give you a solution,i have been giving my car for servicing to them since from my purchase(though it was from RNS only) and they are very courteous too!

I am getting only 11kmpl in city [confused] it has done 2000kms and finished the first service too.. I am yet to take to the dealer to look into it.. But I am worried the first thing they will blame it on is my 165/60R13 tyres...[anger]
yes they are plati alloys i am ruining on the stock tyres , i just change my rim with alloys , buddy i done 20000 kms in less then year , iam living in hills and my F.E figures are neaver less then 16 kmpl maximum i got is 23 kmpl on highway trip on average i get 17 -18 kmpl . i think there something wrong with car do go to dealer and check the matter . best of luck [thumbsup]i can give you some tips to get good F.E.
1. clean your air filter regularly
2. go for alloys which are lighter then rim or equvilent to them.
3. check accurate tyre pressure (as mention on doars )
4. be as light on accelerate as possible .
5. no sudden braking and acceleration ,try to make an momentum and just follow it
6. try to drive in 4th to 5th gear on constant speed and don't exceed rpm over 2000 .
7. always fill up petrol early in morning as its thick in morning and you can get extra in same price [:D].

Whoa thats terrible, but wait, do you rip your car? Most k10 users tend to do that coz of the fun factor and then complain about FE. [:D]

BTw if you tyres are fatter than stock, thats the first thing theyll point at. I hear some ASS guys even blame alloys saying they'e too heavy[frustration]
i am ruining on the stock tyres
Why ruining your tires sir? Planning an upgrade?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #71
Whoa thats terrible, but wait, do you rip your car? Most k10 users tend to do that coz of the fun factor and then complain about FE. [:D]

BTw if you tyres are fatter than stock, thats the first thing theyll point at. I hear some ASS guys even blame alloys saying they'e too heavy[frustration]
Why ruining your tires sir? Planning an upgrade?
I don't normally rip it coz in Bangalore there is no space for it [lol] jokes apart I used to get 17kmpl in my m800 earlier that proves I am not a bad driver... I have realized at times that I need to down shift more often in the k10 than I used to in my m800. I don't know if this is coz the k10 has less low end torque than the m800 or I am getting addicted to the rev happy k series engine [:D].
Does any one recommend tanking up in shell instead of others? I've done it this time will let you know if it improves milage [thinking]

I am getting only 11kmpl in city [confused] it has done 2000kms and finished the first service too.. I am yet to take to the dealer to look into it.. .
How is your car performing now? Were you able to find the cause?

Was engine oil changed in first service? There maybe some fault while servicing,take it ASAP to the dealer,

But I am worried the first thing they will blame it on is my 165/60R13 tyres
Tell them the current tyre will consume a km or 2 but not to this extent! and tell tham you were getting 15kmpl before 1st service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #74
Hi vishwas thanks for the advice. I visited the dealer and he checked the car a nd found no fault.told me to wait for another 1k Kim's and recheck. He also offered to hook it upto some device to check current but I didn't have the time for it. My last tankfull gave me 12 kmpl I think I'll wait for another tankful and see. Will update soon [:)]

Eyedocsri: I am a bit late in congratulating you but congrats nevertheless on your black K10. I had my reservations on the black colour on this car but you your pictures look fantastic with those tasteful alloys and 165s. The K10 should easily give you 14- 15kmpl in the most horrible Bangalore traffic with A/C, so 11kmpl is definitely a cause for concern. Hope you have checked the tyre pressures. Let the service centre guy run the diagnostics but ask him to check for binding brakes and a clogged air filter (very simple and can be checked yourself). As you must be aware, mileage depends 90% on driving style ans 10% on the engine. But if you were able to extract 17 kmpl from your 800 in Bangalore traffic, I see no reason why the K10 should give you less than 14 kmpl with the same kind of driving. 165s would account for not more than 10% in loss in terms of fuel efficiency.

Last edited:

Top Bottom