Black Puppy Comes Home - Our New Black Maruti Alto K10

Hey welcome onboard and congrats with that sensible buy..[clap]
take good care of that glistening black color.
the alloys are looking chic.. are they 12" or 13"?

Hey welcome onboard and congrats with that sensible buy..[clap]
take good care of that glistening black color.
the alloys are looking chic.. are they 12" or 13"?
Mumbaikar- k10 has 13" wheels, so logically it should be 13".[:)]

Jalex- Liked the quote from you regarding petrol.

Mumbaikar- k10 has 13" wheels, so logically it should be 13".[:)]

Jalex- Liked the quote from you regarding petrol.
It sure is 13", Its written on those Potenzas as well.

OT: Hahaha, It always breaks my heart when now I pay 350 rupees every single workday to fill petrol in my car. I feel I'm being robbed with a smile instead of a stick up. The K10 was my dream come true, But the government has turned that into a nightmare with the current Petrol prices. The party's over for me now[confused].

Thread Starter #19
hi thanks all for the wishes.
here are some quick answers to some of the queries.
The alloys are Evo 13 inch wheels with bridgestone potenza G3 165/60R13 it is a straight fit no spacers no alterations. checked with 4 people on board over bangalore size humps, doesnt scrape and fenders not touching the tyre sidewalls.. and makes a HUGE difference to the way the car looks and gives it a nice sqat look.
next to come will be
1. how i decided on my black puppy.
2. dealer experience.
3. initial ownership experience.
4. sprucing up my ride.

here you go. feast your eyes with some more pics.

Attachments

It sure is 13", Its written on those Potenzas as well.

OT: Hahaha, It always breaks my heart when now I pay 350 rupees every single workday to fill petrol in my car. I feel I'm being robbed with a smile instead of a stick up. The K10 was my dream come true, But the government has turned that into a nightmare with the current Petrol prices. The party's over for me now[confused].
Don't worry jalex. I also spend around 300 INR per day for petrol.I own i10 auto. However don't think too much for petrol and enjoy your ride. Seen your car pics, you have maintained your car pretty well.

Eyedocsri-- Nice pictures again and I liked the last picture. My guess is also Coorg. I really love this place.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
Don't worry jalex. I also spend around 300 INR per day for petrol.I own i10 auto. However don't think too much for petrol and enjoy your ride. Seen your car pics, you have maintained your car pretty well.

Eyedocsri-- Nice pictures again and I liked the last picture. My guess is also Coorg. I really love this place.
thanks all more to come.
the pics are from our maiden voyage to ooty. first one is at home, second one near bandipur national forest ( i still have that RHS door on the car after leaving it open for passer by to pluck it away [:)] )
the third one is on the way back from ooty near madumalai forest ( you can see the layer of dust sitting on the car after the trip)
So i finished running in the car for 1000 kms [clap]

Nice Pics Dude!
Man I am in love with those alloys. do quote the price details bro. Also you din't mention whether you got 4 or 5 wheels (alloys).
Enjoy your Black Puppy.

Thread Starter #24
The main story:
Well I actually went to buy the all new swift zdi and came home with the alto k10vxi.

Iwas driving a m800.2004 model for a couple of years and wanted to upgrade.
I had test driven chevy beat Figo punto, polo then finally zeroed in on the all new swift zdi. Went ahead and booked it too with RNS motors yeshwanthpur paying 10k in July even before I saw the car. Then started the long and painful waiting period. [cry]

We knew people in RNS and thought we could cut down the waiting period from 6 months to 3 months or so and I was dreaming of driving around in an air-conditioned car (my M800 was non-a/c) by October. But due to the strike at manesar plant things got further delayed. My dealer said I MAY get my swift only in march 2012.

By then it was September and I was in no mood to drive the m800 anymore as I had kind of ditched her ( not washing her regularly anymore, not slowing on speed breakers or potholes etc etc) bad bad me. here is another pic of my black puppy ( no the coconut cart in the background doesn't belong to me :biggrin: )

Attachments

Congratulations eyedocsri , Alto K10 is rare to spot in black and it does look awesome! Nice set of alloys too , post some Interior shots also please.

So you shifted to Alto from Swift just because of waiting period? Why din't you check out Ritz instead?

The main story:
Well I actually went to buy the all new swift zdi and came home with the alto k10vxi

Iwas driving a m800.2004 model for a couple of years and wanted to upgrade.
Well, well. So I am not the only one who did this. I went to buy a skoda octavia L&K in 2006, gave cheque for same, was sitting with my dad in skoda showroom, suddenly a thought striked to to me, "Do I REALLY NEED such a big car?" Bang came the answer NO. I canceled my booking and bought alto lxi then, there too I exchanged my 2001 800 MPFI 5 speed for 1.5 lacs.

Alto k10 is really a VFM car. Please post interior pictures of your k10.

Hey that was a nice review!,Well the Alloys looks great.How much did it cost on-road and what did you get as freebies from dealer?.You'r no. plates reads KA-02 ,do you reside in Rajajinagar?

Thread Starter #28
thanks vishwas i live in vijaynagar and thanks all for the compliments.
answers to the questions.

1.I never liked the looks of the ritz so it was never an option for me though the figo came close to my requirements but I felt the cost cutting shows at some places in it.
2.i bought 5 alloys and 5 tyres I liked his design and dint want to have a mismatch if i lose one ( i paid 12500 for 5 at car shringar JC road).
3. No paint treatment coz i did a fair bit of reading on the net and i felt it is not useful ( comments invited :) ).
4. Gosh. it is hard work to write up for a thread. hats off to all those guys who share their gyaan on this forum for us.
5.sorry havent taken interior pics will do it over the weekend please hang on to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
3. No paint treatment coz i did a fair bit of reading on the net and i felt it is not useful ( comments invited :) ).
For a new car, paint treatment wont be the need of the hour. My suggestion is that maintain your car well through regular wash, polish etc. May be couple of years down the line you can go for exterior paint rejuvenation at places like 3M Car Care which would restore your paint back to showroom shine [:)] You can refer following link for further details - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ti-alto-lxi-long-term-ownership-report-3.html

@EYEDOCRSI do u find any difficulty in engaging reverse gear just after start up?i get a strange type of sound always in my k10.what i do is, wait for 10 secs and then slot into reverse gear,nothing happens

Top Bottom