Bike with Good Mileage and Affordable Maintenace?

If you have to pick one among these 2 options, i would suggest you to go for the HERO product as the service cost is little cheaper than HONDA.

Both share the same engine.

If you have to pick one among these 2 options, i would suggest you to go for the HERO product as the service cost is little cheaper than HONDA.

Both share the same engine.
When it comes to my turn for purchasing a bike i checked at honda where the following factors made me never go for honda showroom again

>> No respect at all for a customer (not a welcoming smile and they act as if they are too busy and never bothered about your presence there)

>> Wait period (for unicorn in 2010 wait period is not lesser than 3 months)

> finally the on road price of the bike doesnt includes the essential accessories (read govt mandatory accessories) and other accessories

Govt recomended accessories such as saree guard etc... will come close to 2000
other accessories will come close to 1000 rupees
they even quoted number plate + nuts 250 rupees and i need to write the number outside at my own expense.

So said no to honda and booked my GS150R and my Suzuki bike is still going strong with low maintenance cost.

so go for Hero

When it comes to my turn for purchasing a bike i checked at honda where the following factors made me never go for honda showroom again

>> No respect at all for a customer (not a welcoming smile and they act as if they are too busy and never bothered about your presence there)

>> Wait period (for unicorn in 2010 wait period is not lesser than 3 months)

> finally the on road price of the bike doesnt includes the essential accessories (read govt mandatory accessories) and other accessories

Govt recomended accessories such as saree guard etc... will come close to 2000
other accessories will come close to 1000 rupees
they even quoted number plate + nuts 250 rupees and i need to write the number outside at my own expense.

So said no to honda and booked my GS150R and my Suzuki bike is still going strong with low maintenance cost.

so go for Hero
You are right MSN, whenever i have visited Honda showroom in the past i have always faced these issue's they are very arrogant and there service is really pathetic.[frustration]
My advice is to stay away from Honda.

Thread Starter #20
Hi MSN and Virsan,

Just want to share my experience,

Today i went to Honda showroom in Mumbai. Today in the occasion of prabhu Shree Ram's birth (Shree Ram Navmi) all customer representatives were busy to attending customers. Showroom was full of bike lovers :). We were waiting for our turn. We asked reception and she said wait sir i will arrange someone to assist you. And she called the person with whom i had telecom. It was evening around 7:00 PM obviously they were tired. But believe me my experience is very different than what you felt. He explained us Dazzler parts and compared with other bikes Pulsar/FZ (Both adv. and disadv.), When we asked him to compare Dazzler with FZ we thought he will tell Dazzler is good but he said FZ is good but mileage and comfort is bad in FZ, rest FZ is better in features and look. Then we went to see bikes, we took ride of Twister, CB Unicorn and Dazzler and he corporated very well. We did inquiry about load, he called person from finance but he was lil more busy so told us he will explain us tomorrow just did tell us interest rate.

So the overall first experience was good, they treated very well even the showroom was full with the customers.

The band think about Honda i noticed it, Honda is not providing any accessories as MSN said you have to buy every thing even number plate too.....But i found Dazzler is very good compared with CBZ XTreme.

Last edited:
^^ I guess the experience will be different in different showrooms. I mean I don't think we should brand saying Honda Showroom staff are not receptive. Rather we should pin point the franchises or dealer showrooms who are being rude or act like they couldn't care less about the customer. For example I found Orion Motors for Yamaha much more friendly than Pacer Motors in Bangalore.

Anyway, I would say now that you are looking at the 150cc segment why not TD a few more bikes, namely the Hero Hunk, Yamaha SZ-X and the GS150R, all will return decent mileage.

Listen to your heart !!! No bikes are good or bad. All are good if u do proper maintenance. When i bought my pulsar all told me Bajaj isnt good and its only for looks, but i am satisfied with it now and servicing time to time saves money n time. All the best and Congratulations in advance :)

Friend,

Pls don't go for P135. Maintenance wise it is a hell. I would suggest u to go for CBZ Xtreme. After sales service and maintenance it is a good choice when compared with the others on ur list.

Thread Starter #24
Hi,

Thanks to everyone, I finally decided to go with Dazzler Unicorn.
1) The new edge technology engine delivers a power of 149 cc ,an increased 14 bhp@ 8500 rpm and 13 nm@6500 rpm.
2) The both rear and front tyres are tubeless for better performance i.e 110/80 rear Tyre.
3) The front disc comes with a 240 mm and a rear of 220 mm for excellent breaking.
4) As in unicorn its also a mono suspension with diamond frame for stability and comfort.
5) The mileage is 60 kmpl by company but as feed back it gives a mileage of 50-55 kmpl.

And even it is 150cc, it is lightweight compared with CBZ-XTreme for me to control. But Dazzler today's on road cost is 82K in mumbai after increase in excise duty and service tax.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone, I finally decided to go with Dazzler Unicorn.
1) The new edge technology engine delivers a power of 149 cc ,an increased 14 bhp@ 8500 rpm and 13 nm@6500 rpm.
most of our rides would be with in city where we should not try its performance at peak BHP, but this is a good bike to zip zap thru traffic
2) The both rear and front tyres are tubeless for better performance i.e 110/80 rear Tyre.
3) The front disc comes with a 240 mm and a rear of 220 mm for excellent breaking.
When it comes to breaking its not just break drum/ disk size does matters its how the person applys break during panic situation does matters [:D]

4) As in unicorn its also a mono suspension with diamond frame for stability and comfort.

5) The mileage is 60 kmpl by company but as feed back it gives a mileage of 50-55 kmpl.

mileage all it depends up how you ride and maintain your ride also the petrol bunk too does matters here

And even it is 150cc, it is lightweight compared with CBZ-XTreme for me to control. But Dazzler today's on road cost is 82K in mumbai after increase in excise duty and service tax.
Good Choice congrats

my comments are in bold

Thread Starter #30
Congratulations. What colour have you booked? Any special colour editions available? How long do you have to wait?
I booked Pearl Nightstar Black.

Dazzler is available in two versions.
1) Single color (Gold, Red, Black and Silver)
2) DLX, with dual color (red-white and black-silver)

But believe me single color would be more dashing than DLX version.

I will get the bike in one week. Bike is available at showroom and one week for completing the registration and other formalities.

Thanks to everyone in this thread to helping me to decide the bike.[:)]

Top Bottom