Bike’s Engine Oil Life If Unused

Thread Starter #1
Hello everybody. I changed my bike's engine oil three months ago but i didnt used my bike much since then because of monsoon season. Did some 400kms and after that bike was completely resting since 2 months.so now i want to know whether the oil is good to use or not , since i didnt completed 2500kms.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Of course the oil is in its usable life! Keep on using it,as the oil change interval is not that short,ie 3 months only, but is more than that.
The title of this thread is a bit confusing, It should be this "life of bike engine oil in case of low mileage/less usage"

Thread Starter #3
Thanks mayank. Actually i planned to change the oil yesterday but didnt got the brand that i use regularly. Its not any special brand but i always use that only. I searched many shops but didnt got it. Its normal mineral oil that is veedol 20w40 and i use it for my 16 year old pulsar 150. Every shop owner was suggesting me to use synthetic one but i have doubts about using that for old engine. I know that ill get my required thing some where but till then i have to carry on with the oil i have in the bike.

No problems sir , you usually give a warm up time before using right ?
My activa , also runs less , and I change oil only annually or 3k-4k km . (Alternate services - say i service twice a year ) .
It won't do any harm , you can take my word.

Top Bottom