Big No To Chevrolet. Very Bad Experience with Trident Chevrolet, Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

If any of you are planning to buy a chevrolet vehicle in bangalore please don't go the dealer Trident, i had many bad experiences with this dealer. After giving so many excuses also they are continuing with the same behaviour.

If I start writing the problems that I faced it will become a big story..

Please Becareful.

**** And my sincere advise is Don't buy any chevrolet vehicle, Their service is really really bad in india.****

Thanks,
Chandra.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to aboard The Automotive India. Please at least brief us on the experience with Trident Motors. Probably we could help.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
well i do have many examples.

1. when i dropped my vehicle for some body repairs there was almost full tank of petrol in my car. But while deliverying the car it was just 15% and when i asked their service advisor about this, the reply i got from him is Sir we don't take petrol from the cars. Later i spoke to their manager and they had arranged some 10 litres of petrol,but the total tank capacity is 30+ litres.

2. on the same day while deliverying the car i observed many white dots/spots on the body of the car. Parking place in my apartment is very safe and i am damn sure those dots came in their work shop only(Generally they will inspect the car before taking for service). Again when i asked the service advisor for the explanation Sir is there any construction going on at your place ?? and he took some metal plate and scratched on the area where he observed those white dots. because of this the car shining has gone and the car was just 9+ months old that time .

3. This is one strange behavior from them i really don't understand why they are doing this i mean suppose if i visit their service center with some 5 problems they are rectifying only 2 or 3 and they are just returning the car with other problems saying that they have done everything. i can make out those problems clearly before i reach my home or in 1/2 days.They are not able to rectify simple rattle sound which is coming from some window of the car. And this became very common for them now days. This happened to me for 3/4 times. I spoke to their service manager and General manager. They assured me for the good service and they failed most of the times.

I had already complained to GM about this but that is another useless customer care service they are maintaining. when ever i call them for status update on my complaint they say they will arrange a call back from GM but i never got any call from any GM representative.

This is in brief about the problems which i have faced with the dealer.

I don't know whom should i contact for better service :( :( [confused]

I don't understand why it is happening with me only [frustration]

Thanks,
Chandra

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why it is happening with me only [frustration][frustration][frustration]
This attitude is probably specific to the dealer. I have owned two Chevrolet cars earlier (Petrol Optra Royalle & Diesel Optra Magnum) and I never faced any issues during service / maintenance of either cars. When I purchased the Magnum, I also took the 3 year 45000 km service option and trust me during all the 6 services they did not charge a single penny. Also once the AC gave some problems which was set right without any cost to me.

Thread Starter #7
@Balaji : yes i had already sent an email to that id. But till now i didn't hear anything from them. Im just waiting.

This attitude is probably specific to the dealer. I have owned two Chevrolet cars earlier (Petrol Optra Royalle & Diesel Optra Magnum) and I never faced any issues during service / maintenance of either cars. When I purchased the Magnum, I also took the 3 year 45000 km service option and trust me during all the 6 services they did not charge a single penny. Also once the AC gave some problems which was set right without any cost to me.
Yes Srid68.. It is True and it depends on dealer. Even i have taken the CPCOO(chevy promise) and had paid 15K for that. Some how i feel because of the CPCOO only these guys are not servicing the vehicle properly. :( .. In bangalore we have two chevy dealers and i heard the other dealer is even worst than trident.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also a Chevy owner and I have Spark. I think as Sri mentioned it should be dealer specific problem.

In chennai we have KLN Motors and Sundaram Motors. Since i got the vehicle from KLN am regular to thier service center. as of now everything goes okie.

Regarding complaints related, I think most of the places[not only chevy] has this problem. Even my m800 i experiences the same. But now a days with chevy service before taking delivery I will try to check all the points i have mentioned in job sheet one by one.

Today I have to go for taking delivery of my sparky after 1y3ar/10000 km service

350Z

Core Team
1. when i dropped my vehicle for some body repairs there was almost full tank of petrol in my car. But while deliverying the car it was just 15% and when i asked their service advisor about this, the reply i got from him is Sir we don't take petrol from the cars. Later i spoke to their manager and they had arranged some 10 litres of petrol,but the total tank capacity is 30+ litres.
Normally, there is a checklist (signed by S.A and car owner) that mentions about the car’s condition before leaving it in the workshop. Do insist for one next time.

2. on the same day while delivering the car i observed many white dots/spots on the body of the car. Parking place in my apartment is very safe and i am damn sure those dots came in their work shop only(Generally they will inspect the car before taking for service). Again when i asked the service advisor for the explanation Sir is there any construction going on at your place ?? and he took some metal plate and scratched on the area where he observed those white dots. because of this the car shining has gone and the car was just 9+ months old that time.
This might be due to paintwork going on at some other car nearby in the workshop. Just visit Maintaining My Ride Section for useful tips on bringing back that shine. :smile:

3. This is one strange behavior from them i really don't understand why they are doing this i mean suppose if i visit their service center with some 5 problems they are rectifying only 2 or 3 and they are just returning the car with other problems saying that they have done everything. i can make out those problems clearly before i reach my home or in 1/2 days.They are not able to rectify simple rattle sound which is coming from some window of the car. And this became very common for them now days. This happened to me for 3/4 times. I spoke to their service manager and General manager. They assured me for the good service and they failed most of the times.
This proves their incompetency. Please switch to another authorized workshop and drop a serious note to GM India through mail or contact: 1800 3000 8080.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Normally, there is a checklist (signed by S.A and car owner) that mentions about the car’s condition before leaving it in the workshop. Do insist for one next time.
Yes they are doing that very perfectly..But what is the use ?? they should keep the car in safe area right ? Last week also when i gave my car for servicing they gifted me some new scratches and dents [cry] and silence is the reply i got from the service advisor.

This might be due to paintwork going on at some other car nearby in the workshop. Just visit Maintaining My Ride Section for useful tips on bringing back that shine.
Yah you are correct.. Thanks for your help i will check that section..

This proves their incompetency. Please switch to another authorized workshop and drop a serious note to GM India through mail or contact: 1800 3000 8080.
Unfortunately in bangalore we have only 2 dealers and the other dealer is even worst than the one which i bought my car. Drop a serious note to GM ??? i have done this number of times [frustration].. Some times i feel like killing the person who found the word sorry. i gave so many execuses to both Dealer and Chevy. They are taking it as granted thats all. we indians need better rules then only we can avoid these kind of problems.

can someone please suggest me some alternative i can do at this position??

Thanks,
Chandra

Re: How To File a Case Against Dealer?

if you can discuss the issue, it would be convenient for us to offer a solution.

well i do have many examples.

I don't understand why it is happening with me only [frustration]
These surveys are supporting the experiences mentioned by you people.
Chevy ASS (custemer satisfaction) has started deteriorating and now it is at horrible
level. Probably chevy is missing Carl slym too much.

Last edited:
Hi Chandra,

Sad to hear this. I recently gave my beat diesel for service(Kropex) & they marked the fuel guage in the service sheet. Since it was some body repair did u check if they would do it there only or drive the vehicle to another place? could be they drove the vehicle to another contract vendor who would have stolen the fuel + there could be welding happening close by as it was a body repair shop. Regarding Fuel, I have heard this happening with TVS 2 wheelers service centers in chennai. (Stealing from fuel tank) So usually I leave fuel low when giving for service.

Regarding problems I think it is best to see the vehicle first & then sign the document of delivery. If signed, it is assumed that all is fine with vehicle & u have taken the delivery & they r no more responsible.

Regarding problems with vehicle I have seen problems with my own vehicle(2 wheeler bajaj) where new problems arise when I take delivery from a service. After warrenty completed I gave service at non bajaj service & he told me that during service knowingly or unknowingly the small common parts from a neighbouring vehicle ends up in mine as vehicles are stocked & serviced very close to each other.

Top Bottom