Bidding Adieu To My BMW 320d Corporate Edition

Thread Starter #1
It is now 18 months since I bought my first 320D and now its time to say Adieu. The Beemer is an absolute delight to drive. The dealers did a wonderful job right from giving extensive TDs and processing all the paper work under one roof. No running to different banks, responding to different persons to get the finance arranged.

This car has done about 12500 km till date (running was low due to the fact that I broke my leg twice and was out of action for almost 7 months). Since I do not prefer my driver to drive it, it was idle. The longest stretches were Mumbai - Chiplun- Guhaghar - Mumbai wherein I got a stunning FE of 17 kmpl. The FE within Mumbai for me is generally 10 - 11 kmpl inspite of driving the BMW like how it should be driven (right foot on the floor). See the pictures posted.

The pickup is fantastic and 0 - 100 is indeed in 8 sec as claimed by the manufacturer. I have touched 185 on the Mumbai-Pune expressway and the car was rock steady with no "lifting off" feeling. It is a drivers delight and was the main reason why I chose it over the MB or Audi. MB is stately and executive while Audi with its 143 BHP engine and DSG is a tortoise.

While the CE did lack certain features like sun roof (much to my children's annoyance), idrive, leather etc, it performs extremely well. I hate to let this car go nevertheless did the same with heavy heart.

Generally the sales guys are fantastic, but the demon lies in the ASS. However, much to my surprise and contrary to earlier experiences, the ASS is also very good. I am not sure whether it is a BMW dictum or just that Infinity Cars want to keep their customers happy. Twice the RFTs got punctured, but it was replaced and the damage to my pocket was only to the tune of about 800 rs (cost of wt for balancing). The BMW secure took care of the balance.

One year down the line the first service was done and since I had covered it with the BSI Ultimate, I did not pay a single penny. The car is picked up and dropped back by the workshop personnel and they keep you updated on what is done. It is really a nice feeling when you ring up the workshop and the personnel immediately recognise you by name and give you a royal treatment.

Finally on Tuesday I bid adieu to my car and I am now awaiting the delivery of the next beast............
The X1 s20d exclusive. This time I have gone for the top line complete with panaromic sunroof, idrive, navigation etc (the works[cheers])

Some pcis of my 320

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Re: Bidding Adieu to my BMW320dCE

Basicaly went to the dealer to reconfigure my loan and get the address changed. I saw the X1 exclusive and decided on spot to buy it. Moreover got a good price for my CE, thus made a decision to go for X1. I also wanted to have the idrive and xenon lights and cater to children's demand of sun-roof![:)]

Hello Srid68,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. I couldn't understand why you had to sell your 320d. You were happy with the car, service, were'nt you? BTW do open up a new thread if you require any assistance in your buying dilemma. Have a pleasant stay.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #6

Thanks Akash. The decision was a spur of the moment. I am now a hardcore BMW fan. Being a gadget freak I got carried away by the features. My normal car turn around is 3 years but this time I outdid myself.

You current car also looks in great condition and is also well maintained. Interiors are the one to die for. [:D]. And also one more thing, nice FE figures you getting there. [;)]

Thread Starter #8

I got a good resale value due to the great condition. I get the interiors cleaned & polished every six months. Maintaining beige is a task. This time I have chosen the sporty red brown interiors. My family is tired of the beige (last 4 cars had beige interiors). My Polo also has biege, so this a change

Ad!tya

Suspended

Welcome srid68, the car looks in good shape.
Waiting to see some pics of sporty red brown interiors of the X1![:)]
When will the X1 reach your garage?

Anyways, nice pics![:D]

Aditya.

Hey sri

Welcome to TAI !!

Oh !! this is one of my fav cars man and that color too !! very well maintained.

Congrats for your new car too !! hope to see a ownership review of the same very soon

Hello Sri,

Welcome to TAI, Dashing looks of the car you got isn't that great why you want to sale, anyways what was the resale value which you got and i want to know the ASS experience too.

Thread Starter #12
Hi all, The X1 will hit my garage probably on 24th (Dusera Day). The registration process is complete and the navigation system is being activated which takes about 2 days. I will post the pics say by 25-26th. In fact I am taking a 2 day holiday from work to get acquainted with the new Beemer

Thread Starter #13
Hi manjoo
The ASS experience was really very good and was one of the prime reasons for going back to the same dealer. Moreover the fact that it is only about 2 kms from my residence is a bonus. They pick up the car get the servicing done or attend to whatever is the issue and return it mostly the same day. The staff are very courteous and always remember by name. Any information is readily provided on phone without any fuss. In fact I could get the navigation system ordered and fitted just on one phone call.

Top Bottom