Bharath Series Registration

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

I genuinely need all your advice in the current situation. I recently purchased a Skoda car from a dealership in Lucknow. The car was delivered to Agra on due date. From the day I booked the car I had told the dealership that I needed BH registration plates as my job is transferrable.

I had submitted all required documents and paid RTO charges Rs 30k as per BH series requirement to the dealership. Last week I received my car and was told by dealership that they have registered for BH series.
Out of no where I got a message today from RTO that my car has been registered under state UP80 registration and 1.8k L has been deposited.

I contacted the dealership and they told that they have registered my vehicle under UP80 by mistake. The dealership is telling once a number has been registered it cant be changed. They are asking me to pay for the remaining amount.

Since I am moving to bangalore within 2 months it will be difficult for me to drive the car as bangalore cops are known for stopping outside state vehicle. And getting road tax back from RTO is much bigger headache.

My question to forum is what can I do in this scenario?

Can I take legal action against the dealership for this fraud?
Or
Is it possible to change the UP80 registration to bharath series.

Thanks

Top Bottom