Bharat NCAP: Indian Car Crash Test Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
One more: Wear a ligh color shirt and you will see the effect of seatbelt(if your car isn't brand new at least) on it. I mean, seatbelt simply leaves the mark(on shoulder and collar) and I am facing this issue very badly and for the same reason I take either chauffy with me or drive with seatbets fastened(If I don't then that alarm maddens me) but on my back in case I am wearing a light colored shirt.

@TSIVIPUL
Superb decision. At last you are safe, your driver is safe(if he really use seat belts) and even your shirts are safe. But don't you miss driving in those cases.

Last edited:
@TSIVIPUL
Superb decision. At last you are safe, your driver is safe(if he really use seat belts) and even your shirts are safe. But don't you miss driving in those cases.
This definitely saves my shirt and chauffy is also put to some work while sitting free at home.
Chauffy is forced to put seatbelts else the alarm keeps on beeping.

Actually for the low speed city drives we have found a way, we don't actually wear seatbelts but all we do is tie them but not wear them(they are behind our back). During the city drives and in dense traffic, seatbelts simply add more to the issues as you can't move freely to have a look around the car.

Thread Starter #18
This definitely saves my shirt and chauffy is also put to some work while sitting free at home.
Chauffy is forced to put seatbelts else the alarm keeps on beeping.

Actually for the low speed city drives we have found a way, we don't actually wear seatbelts but all we do is tie them but not wear them(they are behind our back). During the city drives and in dense traffic, seatbelts simply add more to the issues as you can't move freely to have a look around the car.
The same trick I used in my Manza.

First time I'm hearing of a seat belt leaving stains on someone's clothes! Sounds like manufacturing defect or poor quality to me, never had the same problem in any car before (I love my white shirts) [:)].

First time I'm hearing of a seat belt leaving stains on someone's clothes! Sounds like manufacturing defect or poor quality to me, never had the same problem in any car before (I love my white shirts) [:)].
I have already written if the car is brand new, else the seatbelts do leave the stains on shoulder and collar in an hour or two of usage itself. Slight stains I mean, but not for brand new cars as they are fully clean, but for any car that is an year or two old, you can see this. Rest it also depends on how much the interiors are actually cleaned - but I have observed it on many of my shirts.

Thread Starter #21
I have already written if the car is brand new, else the seatbelts do leave the stains on shoulder and collar in an hour or two of usage itself. Slight stains I mean, but not for brand new cars as they are fully clean, but for any car that is an year or two old, you can see this. Rest it also depends on how much the interiors are actually cleaned - but I have observed it on many of my shirts.
Vipul I think you need a new driver. My dad always use seat belt even if he sits on the back seat, this never happened with him, even I don't have such experience may be because I don't use seat belts for long time.

+1.
I think he has never used for a very long time and hence those stain marks or a poorly made car. I drive a pretty basic Indica V2 and even that never leaves any marks on my light coloured shirts. Please get the seat belts cleaned or replaced.

I think it just comes down to keeping them clean (no offense) or maybe the seat belt quality is poor so it leaves color after exposure to sun/heat/weather.

+1.
I think he has never used for a very long time and hence those stain marks or a poorly made car. I drive a pretty basic Indica V2 and even that never leaves any marks on my light coloured shirts. Please get the seat belts cleaned or replaced.
I drove an even more basic 1996 M800, which never stained my shirt. But yes he's saying that it's likely because the belts are dirty.

Kindly check out this product may be useful for people who have problem of staining shirts by seat belts
please see link ( i have no idea of this website wheter its reliable just wanted to inform you of such a product:Seat Belt Strap Cover - Green-Home Decor-Kriti

Kindly check out this product may be useful for people who have problem of staining shirts by seat belts
please see link ( i have no idea of this website wheter its reliable just wanted to inform you of such a product:Seat Belt Strap Cover - Green-Home Decor-Kriti
What if the cover leaves more color than the belt itself? [;)] [lol]

Just kidding, it looks like a very interesting concept!

Mandatory Crash test coming - Bharat New Vehicle Safety rating(BNVSA).

Cars may have to implement minimum crash safety features by January-2015.

Car prices are set to rise next year with the government determined to ensure the ones being manufactured for Indian customers incorporate some salient features for passengers to survive a crash.
If the government manages to adhere to the timeline, cars may have to incorporate minimum crash safety standards by January by when at least one of the two planned crash test facilities will be up and running in India.

The government wants to have one NCAP facility by January and also amend the Motor Vehicles Act to make it compulsory for car makers to incorporate air bags, crumple zones and electronic safety control.

Automakers complain that if they were to incorporate most of the safety features, car prices could rise by 15 per cent to 20 per cent for the base model with one or two star rating.

Mandatory crash test may push car prices up - The Hindu

Here is the latest crash test proposal.Tentatively called the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Programme (BNVSAP), the proposed program will be modeled on the New Car Assessment Programme (or NCAP) and will be implemented in a phased manner.
  • As per the proposed roadmap, first Indian car crash tests could be conducted by October 2016.
  • Phase 0’ starting March 2015, will centre around the commencement of crash test facilities at the Automotive Research Authority of India in Pune,International Centre for Automotive Technology at Manesar, and the Global Automotive Research Centre in Chennai
  • Vehicles to be rated on the basis of their performance in frontal offset, side impact, pedestrian protection and child safety tests
  • October 2016 will mark the start of the voluntary part of Phase 1, where carmakers will be at liberty to choose if and which of their cars should be assessed
  • October 2017, new car assessment will become mandatory with the choice of car to assess testing with the BNVSAP’s administrative body
  • Carmakers will also be allowed to voluntarily send new and existing cars for crash
  • Intestingin Phase 1, cars will be tested as per the United Nation’s Vehicle Safety Regulations. That means the crucial 40 percent front offset test will be conducted at 56kph.
  • Phase 2, that will come into effect in October 2020, will see the same test conducted at 64kph in line with NCAP’s methodology for testing.
  • Phase 2 will also see the introduction of a rear impact test (at 35kph), a full frontal test (at 50kph), and also a proposed test for whiplash
  • Phase 3 of the programme that starts in October 2022 will be evolved on the basis of accident test data whose collection has already started this year.
Government working to bring crash testing to India | Car News | Premium hatchbacks | Autocar India

Thank you sir for the Heart Relieving News !!It surely a very Good move by Indian Government.

BUT,You Know what ??

Nobody cares for Safety in a Car.

Thats what I understood when I lost my beloved friend in a Car Crash (Vehicle-i10) and in TAI where Almost All TAI-gers Don't care about safety.

About my Beloved Friend (B.Vignesh)-My friend was sitting right next to my Schooldays (I am now 15 only but stopped schools for Automobiles) to me the day he died.His Dad asked me between Chevrolet Beat,Maruti Ritz and the Hyundai i10.I told him to go for a safer car,The Chevy beat and Intentionally he went for the i10 as he knew Hyundai's A.S.S are better than Chevy and the Product was better than Chevy's.I congratulated him on his new car and after 17 Days he went on a Highway trip.The Car was extremely left end of the road at 100 Km/h and He was Overtaking a Truck,He again went Left and He did not notice that Huge Barrier and @ 100 Kmh per hour,A top-end Brand new Hyundai i10 diesel Was SMASHED at the Front Passenger's Side (Ofcourse My Friend was sitting in the Front seat).Both of Them (His Dad and his Son) were Crushed to death by the Impact.His Wife was at the rear and Had a Major Knee Injury and she is fine now but cannot walk in her rest of her life.The Impact was around 5 PM.I am actually crying when writing this wondering why they and Other people did not and are not considering safety as a very important feature.

TAIns-I could have said a 100 or even more times at 'The Automotive Shopper' Category to TAIns looking to buy a car under a budget, to go for a safer car.Ex-Fiat Linea,Chevy Sail instead of a Swift Dzire (Because the Maruti has lesser Crumple zone) etc.But In All my subscribed thread,I got a reply 'No' in several Ways Ex-I did not like Interiors so I am Rejecting it.etc.I strongly Encourage People and all the TAIns to consider safety as the Most important feature of Any Car !!

Here is a Shocker - The First rule ever given to a Matiz was to bring safety as a Foremost Feature and Nobody Cared.Some knew and Some did not.It was the only car that has passed the Safety Test with 5 Stars from Euro NCAP and IIHS way back in 1999.Even to day It is the Safest Car we can get under 1 Lakh Rupees and also Much safer than the Nano,Eon and the Alto 800 and I can still recommend a Matiz Anyday compared to a Nano or whatsoever like it.

If Anyone feels I am offensive to owners of Maruti and Hyundai,I am really sorry.I got emotional about what happened to my friend as from that day On,Bringing safety to cars was my Most important Dream of which Indian Government should do and must have done this a long time ago.When they did this,I just thought god has Made my Dream True.I am Really Sorry.Thank you
Hello, Bharath

Really sad to hear about your friend and his father, Indian highways are much more dangerous also because of the illogical designing and lethargic work done by the authorities!
Coming to the impact at 100kmph, I don't think any car that a mortal can afford (read City, Vento, Cruze, Octavia etc.) can withstand a direct frontal impact at 100kmph and keep its occupants safe. All the cars are tested at 64kmph and turn out good for +- 5kmph. Surviving a 100kmph crash is pure luck!! Also, to be noted whether your friend and his father were wearing seatbelts or not, even though it will not create much of a difference at such high speed crashes!!

I hope I'm not being unreasonable, but if the facilities will be ready by Dec 2015, why wait till 2017 to make tests mandatory? Am I missing something or is it just politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom