Beware - Intex Mouse Woes

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Alright. Whenever surfing TAI or WWW for long, I use either desktop or laptop. And with laptop, I do not find too convenient with touchpad especially when it comes to frequent scrolling, due to which I make use of small mouse. Now believe it or not, it’s been around 7 months and I have replaced three mouse (!!). The first one was provided with the laptop itself and it went kaput within five months. The next that I bought was of Intex brand and alas, it never worked. The bad part is that the receipt was misplaced too. Nonetheless, next time while shopping on Croma - I decided to buy another laptop mouse (Rs.200) but ironically, I had to settle back with the Intex once again since no other brand was available. Now what? This mouse has gone kaput too. [frustration] This is for the first time that I have to replace number of mouse within a period of few months. I mean, is there a fault with this brand or this is the expected life of these mouse? BTW, I’m going to get back to Croma this time, because they had assured the warranty of up to six months. Let's see..

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Intex Laptop Mouse Woes!!

Me too using Intex mouse only while surfing the net in my laptop , but its working well for me for around 8 months now. No issues so far , just bad luck for you i guess.

My experience with mouse:
1) Zenith : Came along with PC, used for 1.5 years, sold along with PC
2) Compaq : similar case, used for 3 years & sold with PC
3) Compaq : again same care, using it for past 6+ years
4) Intex : Got as a gift from my friend, my nephew is using it (not very sure whether he is using it now, but it is there with him serving the purpose) for past 4 years
5) HP : Got it with my second laptop in 2008, using it till date. Quite happy with it.
6) Logitech : Wireless mouse, used it for less than 2 weeks & sold it. Could not feed the hungry machine.

Coming to the point, are you guys surprised with the intex mouse life???
Let me explain you the actual purpose it serves my nephew.
When the press the left button, you will get the voice "Hello! who is on the line???" & when you press the right button, you will get "Tring Tring...!"

Confused???

It went kaput within 3 days & I don't have bill since I got as a gift. Why to scrap it, thought of doing something on that. Initially removed the wire & used as paper weight[frustration].
Then took me nephew's broken toy mobile phone, removed all the stuff from it & packed inside the mouse. Final result, our young hero got a new toy to play.

I am using a logitech mouse and its great. It has a nice design and is comfortable. I bought mine from Singapore duty free and still it was $40 SIN. The mouse is perfectly sized for a laptop not too small neither too big. Best part is that the transmitter is so small that once you plug it into you laptop it doesn't even look like its there.

I have been using Intex mouse since past 1 year without any issues. But i have come across some of the issues like faulty scroller etc with some of my friends mouse.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team

Whatever the issue may be, I have decided to stay away from buying Intex Mouse from now onwards. If the existing mouse can be repaired under warranty then well and good otherwise...

My experience with mouse:
1) Zenith : Came along with PC, used for 1.5 years, sold along with PC
2) Compaq : similar case, used for 3 years & sold with PC
3) Compaq : again same care, using it for past 6+ years
4) Intex : Got as a gift from my friend, my nephew is using it (not very sure whether he is using it now, but it is there with him serving the purpose) for past 4 years
5) HP : Got it with my second laptop in 2008, using it till date. Quite happy with it.
6) Logitech : Wireless mouse, used it for less than 2 weeks & sold it. Could not feed the hungry machine.
I think the life of laptop mouse isn’t really much. My best experience has been with the HCL Laser Mouse which came along with the desktop computer. It served me well over five years without any troubles.

Coming to the point, are you guys surprised with the intex mouse life??? Let me explain you the actual purpose it serves my nephew. When the press the left button, you will get the voice "Hello! who is on the line???" & when you press the right button, you will get "Tring Tring...!"

Confused???

It went kaput within 3 days & I don't have bill since I got as a gift. Why to scrap it, thought of doing something on that. Initially removed the wire & used as paper weight.
Then took me nephew's broken toy mobile phone, removed all the stuff from it & packed inside the mouse. Final result, our young hero got a new toy to play.
Good example of a creative brain. At least you didn’t let the money go waste. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good example of a creative brain. At least you didn’t let the money go waste. :biggrin:
Forgot to mention, the wire removed from that mouse coupled with a dead Sony Ericsson charger end (connector that is inserted into the mobile) serves me as a USB charger at home[clap]

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team

I'll be buying my fourth mouse today. Some pointers about trusted brands would be helpful.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended

@ Vibhor
get some decent brand, preferably the one which your laptop is of.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team

Sure. Will check out. I'm looking for a basic idea right now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Re: Intex Laptop Mouse Woes!

Got the Microsoft this time. Let's see how it goes. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even my Intex mouse is having some problems with scrolling![frustration]

Why don't you get a wireless mouse instead? My dad has one from Logitech and its good.

Got the Microsoft this time. Let's see how it goes. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Did you pay 350 Rs Vibhor?

Even my Intex mouse is having some problems with scrolling![frustration]

Why don't you get a wireless mouse instead? My dad has one from Logitech and its good.
I have a Belkin mouse from US which my friend had bought one for me.
Its working only with my VAIO & not with PC.

Wireless mouse needs a frequent battery change(Duracell/ Energizer).

Re: Intex Laptop Mouse Woes

I'll be buying my fourth mouse today. Some pointers about trusted brands would be helpful.
I have similar experience even with branded mouse. iball is also crap dint last two months.

microsoft is a good choice. I had been using a wireless one since last 3 years still going but the belly is worn and colours faded sometimes cursor goes erratic.

Now using Logitech mx518-wired one ,for Rs.1500 .Nice and accurate i must say with 5 extra keys so I can avoid lot of keys on laptop keyboard.
Hope it will serve well.

Top Bottom