Best Way To Maintain the Car Colour?

there are a lot of shampoos in market, i have also seen those who sell at petrol bunks. are they ok and reliable?

How to Restore Your Car's Shine

I am a BIG car freak! I LOVE going to car shows and any type of event dealing with cars! I’m a proud owner of BMW 5 Series and really do like my car to be shiny and glossy (24x7)

As compared with 3M, Waxpol, Eagle One Nano Wax Spray and Formula one, I found “Green Duck - Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax” much better.

In just Rs. 200/- (Up-to 12 Cars, as they claim) isn’t a bad deal at all.

Just spray & wipe. No buffing needed. Can be used in the sun or shade!!

Approx Rs. 16.50 per wash!!!!

Oh, that's nice, can you please give us an e-mail link? Where did you buy it from ?
BTW, welcome to the forum. Please introduce yourself in another thread.

Welcome to the forum Tanvi. Please create a separate thread to introduce about yourself and also share with us more about your 5-series , one of my favorite cars!

The product which you mention seems to be interesting but i don think it can remove very hard muck and dirt stains which happen due to rain. Any experiences on that?

^ She is apparently talking about polishing, and shining your car, not dust and mud removal. You don't wax on mud on a car, do we?

350Z

Core Team
I am a BIG car freak! I LOVE going to car shows and any type of event dealing with cars! I’m a proud owner of BMW 5 Series and really do like my car to be shiny and glossy (24x7)

As compared with 3M, Waxpol, Eagle One Nano Wax Spray and Formula one, I found “Green Duck - Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax” much better.

In just Rs. 200/- (Up-to 12 Cars, as they claim) isn’t a bad deal at all.

Just spray & wipe. No buffing needed. Can be used in the sun or shade!!

Approx Rs. 16.50 per wash!!!!
Welcome to The Automotive India, Tanvi. Kindly share further details about “Green Duck” product, and wait! Did I just read that you own a 5-Series? Now it definitely makes to post some pictures and an ownership review. Have a pleasant stay on board!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Here's Green Duck's page on Facebook:
Mera Green India | Facebook
Found some online listings thru google src, here's one of them:
Waterless car wash + polish in Delhi, Delhi - 4272181

http://www.greenduckindustries.com
Company Overview:
For the very first time in India Complete Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax Technology

Company Overview:

At Green Duck, we are dedicated to conservation of the environment by bringing to our fellow citizens innovative products. The first in line is a Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax which helps save water by making car wash; a relatively easy and fast process than, hosing your vehicle with litres of water and then scrubbing with polish and wax for a shine.

Product Overview:

Green Duck Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax
is formulated with restructured gloss-enhancing crystalline polymers and real Brazilian carnauba wax to provide your vehicle with an instant burst of shine and slickness. Green Duck Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax is the next generation of quick detailers.

1. Quick and easy to use. Just spray and wipe to a radiant shine, no buffing is necessary
2. Spray bottle provides control and ease-of-use
3. Conceals minor scratches and swirl marks
4. Carnauba wax particles eliminate smearing and streaking
5. No white residue left behind
6. Protects from harmful Ultra Violet (UV) rays

How to use?

1. Spray a small amount (2 or 3 sprays) of Green Duck Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax directly on to the surface of the car.
2. Wipe clean with clean, soft and dry cotton cloth or preferably microfibre / microfiber cloth), and continue to spray and wipe as needed.
3. No need to wait for the wax to haze and no buffing needed.
4. Can be used in the sun or shade. (read less)
Mission:
Through our marketing, we aim to educate consumers that it is possible to enjoy a clean car without using harsh chemicals and to save enormous amounts of clean water at the same time.
We are committed to clean cars and a non-contaminated environment.
Products:
Green Duck Waterless Car Wash + Polish + Wax
Green Duck Tyre / Tire Restorer (COMING SOON)
Green Duck Headlight Restorer (COMING SOON)
Green Duck Bug & Tar Remover (COMING SOON)
Green Duck Metal Polish (COMING SOON)
Green Duck Glass Cleaner (COMING SOON)

Thread Starter #54
I couldn't open the company website.

But the product looks good as far as water conservation is concerned, but not sure how it works. Cleaning (polishing) and waxing normally two distinct process in car cleaning and concealing it. Both together in one product is bit confusing to me.

Hi friends,

Have a situation to handle. At my office, there is no shelter for car parking. In the adjacent compound, construction of a high rise hotel is in progress. From couple of days, exterior painting of the hotel building is going on. Due to strong wind near my office, fine paint particles are gettting deposited on the entire car's surface (including windshield and windows). Also, wiper is making screeching noise when used due to this paint deposit on windshield.
Today morning gave a shampoo wash to the car and wiped the windshield with Colin cleaning spray, but no use! The car's surface has become rough due to these fine paint particles ! Am feeling rediculed to touch the car's surface and feelin bad to see my beloved in this state [frustration] Feeling like [gun]the construction people

Is there any way out from this mess?

Is there any way out from this mess?
The only way to get the paint off is to use kerosene to remove the spots. But beware, it may damage the paint of the car. The best way would be to dip a soft cloth in kerosene, apply it on the affected spot, and lightly scratch off the paint spots. Do it only if are confident else try contacting some detailing shop.

Akash, Thanks for the suggestion. Using kerosene was the first thing even I thought of but it would have been easier only if certain portion of the car was affected. But in my case, the spots have spread uniformly through out! [frustration]

Akash, Thanks for the suggestion. Using kerosene was the first thing even I thought of but it would have been easier only if certain portion of the car was affected. But in my case, the spots have spread uniformly through out! [frustration]
The only option left is rubbing. First wash the car with mild shampoo and warm water. Then apply rubbing compound to the affected regions. Make sure you apply the compound, and gently rub it off. Repeat this procedure for every portion. Also make sure you do not apply the compound to complete body at a time. Do it in portions. Say first do it for bonnet, then front door, then rear and so on. After completion, do not forget to polish the car to retain the shine which gets a bit dull after rubbing.
As for the windshield and windows are concerened, they can be restored back by thinner.

PS: However, i would strongly recommend you to take expert opinion of some car detailing person.

Yeah you may contact MASS, but there are car detailing shops like 3M etc which can help you out better.

Top Bottom