Best Tourist Attractions In Chandigarh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Seems that my post will simply go unnoticed in other topic, Thus new thread which should also help others with same query and for future references. So, Coming to the point now - Which all are the best tourist attractions in and near Chandigarh? I'll be visiting there soon for first time, Though not specifically for tourism purpose. Also, How far is the airport from main city or Sector 19 to be precise? Somebody told that it is far and located on city outskirts but the Google map indicates a different story.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
That is a sure thing, but it would have been nice if someone guides me a little in advance. Where are the Punjabi Boys of TAI?

Drive Safe,
350Z

That is a sure thing, but it would have been nice if someone guides me a little in advance. Where are the Punjabi Boys of TAI?

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have never gone to Chandigarh.
You have to update once you visit there Vibhor.
Any reason for going there Vibhor.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Nothing, Just for some official purpose. Anyways, Thanks for the response Mukesh.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Two tourist attractions that I have been to are the Sukhna lake, and Nek Chand's Rock Garden.
Can get hold of some details if these are of interest.

I am a regular visitor to Chandigarh!
Well tourist attractions include the Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden & Rose Garden.
I've been once to all these places, can't go again, gets boring!
It is very hot so you need to see that too.
If you want to go shopping or have delicious pastries at Oven fresh then Sector 17 is the place.It is the hottest(not literally!) place in C'garh!You are sure to catch some exotics parked there!
And no idea about the airport cos C'Garh is just 3 hours drive from Doon so never used the airport.Although I am pretty sure it wont take long to cover distances.C'Garh is very well planned.No traffic jams or anything.You can go from one place to another without wasting too much time on the road.As a matter of fact it is one of the best cities to drive in!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Two tourist attractions that I have been to are the Sukhna lake, and Nek Chand's Rock Garden.
Can get hold of some details if these are of interest.
Thanks! :smile:

I am a regular visitor to Chandigarh!
Well tourist attractions include the Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden & Rose Garden. I've been once to all these places, can't go again, gets boring! It is very hot so you need to see that too.
If you want to go shopping or have delicious pastries at Oven fresh then Sector 17 is the place.It is the hottest(not literally!) place in C'garh!You are sure to catch some exotics parked there!
And no idea about the airport cos C'Garh is just 3 hours drive from Doon so never used the airport.Although I am pretty sure it wont take long to cover distances.C'Garh is very well planned.No traffic jams or anything.You can go from one place to another without wasting too much time on the road.As a matter of fact it is one of the best cities to drive in!
That's great, Let me know more places near Sector 19 where Exotics can be spotted. :biggrin: Also, I'll have a car so hopefully, Summer shouldn't be much of an issue and I'm not interested in shopping et all. How much time would it take to cover the mentioned places?

Drive Safe,
350Z

That's great, Let me know more places near Sector 19 where Exotics can be spotted. :biggrin: Also, I'll have a car so hopefully, Summer shouldn't be much of an issue and I'm not interested in shopping et all. How much time would it take to cover the mentioned places?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sukhna Lake & Rock Garden are located together in Sector 1.Rose Garden is in Sector 16.From sector 19 to sector 1 i think it will take anywhere between 30-60min.Although I am not too sure.
Well I know you would be in a car but you would have to walk at Sukhna lake etc. so you will feel the heat!
Well exotics you can see almost everywhere in C'garh but in sector 17 you would definately find the most of em'!
Punjabi's are very fond of BIG cars, Exotic SUV's would be all over the place!
Keep your camera ready!
When do you go?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
I mean, How much time will be sufficient enough to cover up the places you mentioned? Not the time to reach these places. And Yes, My camera will be all-time ready!

Drive Safe,
350Z

370Z

Currently am in Chd. Watch this space, a lot of action coming up. Spotted few exotics too. @Sid, Ovenfresh is nice, Thanks for the tip.

Drive Safe,
370Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom