Best Tourism Spot in India for Summers?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
We’ve a lot of tourism spots in India and I’ve almost covered the North and west, so planning to visit a new place like Kanyakumari etc, What do you all suggest? Is it fine to visit down in the south during summers and if not, What other places are worth considering except North India region. Earlier we were planning Andaman & Nicobar but dropped the plan somehow because there are a lot of limitations, such as the Ship is available only once in a week (from what I’ve heard), No veg food etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Kanyakumari during the summer is not a very good idea.
Also, you need to avoid the Sabarimala season if you are planning to go there, coz during this time, it is quite dirty.
I know you are not looking for options in the North, but Leh/Ladakh??
And then of course there is Assam ... I even wrote about that in the forum.
Off-beat, and not so family oriented will be a trekking thru Wayanad in Kerala.

nowhere else then hilly regions as all other places woul be hot and wont be much of an enjoyable tour.You can also try Eastern India with Sikkim very beautiful state to travel.Also you can plan for CharDham tour with is yes on a religious side but some beautiful places to visit, surrounding to enjoy along with some good trekkings as well.Leh-Ladhakh has been in demand with many people now visiting it.So plan according to your days andsuitable conditions.

If you plan to visit south visiting the hill stations only is a good option as the other places will be hot due to summer but anyways it will not be as hot as Delhi for sure![;)]

I would say Ooty or else Kodaikanal and Munnar can be covered in a single trip if planned accordingly not much of a travel between the two places! All the above places will be chilly but the availability of rooms will be less as its peak holiday season!

My advice where ever you travel you book your rooms in advance as availability of rooms is a little difficult in hill stations in summer!

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, Please Keep them coming.

@cooldhaya, Yes I'll book tickets in advance but yet to decide a place.

Drive Safe,
350Z

+1 to what cooldhaya said. i am from kerela, so if you want to visit kerela as a whole, april-may is not a good period. the climate will be very hot & humid. you can visit the hill stations but there the climate will be COMPARATIVELY cooler. since you have already visited north & west, better save your money & visit south between november-feb.

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
I've already visited Ooty earlier. @ Raj, That's alright but there are rare occasions when one can spare time for a trip. :smile: I was considering again a trip to Jim Corbett but let's see, Yet to decide something or will completely drop the plan.

Drive Safe,
350Z

+1 to what RSM said.
or you could even try munnar in KL.
Munnar is too hot at the moment,It was a scroching 36 degrees celcius today. The climate is changing rapidly in Munnar due to the land mafia cutting down trees and encroaching forest land and building concrete jungles. Whats pathetic and shocking is that the government is not doing anything and all the politicos are supporting the illegal encroachments. Munnar in a couple of years or so will be off the destination charts if things go on like this.

Also in Karnataka, i heard Coorg is good place, but i never visited there.

Coorg too is a good place i have gone there twice! Temperature is pleasant but not much of sight seeing places around! We visited a Buddha temple , a falls and a sanctuary , rest nothing much to watch but we can enjoy the chill climate!!

Coolest place ?, the hill stations are cooler at nights and not in day. last year this was my experience in kodai.
But not that much hotter as in plains here.

So far i have heard only the jammu is filled with ice. that must be cool all the times.

Climate is changing beyond imaginations everywhere

Top Bottom