Best Service Assurance and Quality in India

Which A.S.S. provides best service in India?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
I have read and re-read so much about the quality and ingenuity (or the lack of it!) of service provided by different manufacturers in India, but could never come to a conclusion.

Here I am creating a new poll to ask the TAI members to come out and tell their experiences when it comes to Authorised Service Center Quality.

Criteria to keep in mind while polling:-
1. Promptness and support of A.S.S.
2. Level of identification of problems and subsequent removal or correction
3. Service charges additional to what is covered under Maintenance (for repair)
4. Nature of support staff at the centers

MODS: Please move this post to correct section, if not already.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Oh, now on hindsight it seems I have missed 2 important manufacturers - Ford & Toyota! [roll]

MODS - Is there any way to update the Poll options, please? If not please close this thread, I would be creating with newer options.

350Z

Core Team
Oh, now on hindsight it seems I have missed 2 important manufacturers - Ford & Toyota! [roll]

MODS - Is there any way to update the Poll options, please? If not please close this thread, I would be creating with newer options.
Hello Thetraveller, I have included the rest two options in this poll.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i do not understand about this poll.
obviously any indian would punch maruthi or toyota remaining brands are unheard in field of ASS.
quality of ASS is highly localized depending upon infrastructure and interest of the dealer so to have it evaluated on national level would be very confusing and misleading.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
To be true, I have only experienced Maruti Suzuki After sales service, but I’m confident enough to state that they’re arguably the best when it comes to network availability and a few other mentioned aspects. Of course, the customer treatment also depends to an extent upon place to place but mostly, it has been top-class up till now and I won’t mind picking another Maruti car if After sales is the chief priority. As far as the service charges are concerned, I think A.S.S of many other brands are renowned to rip off from the customers, even for something that is not at all required and yes, Maruti Suzuki is no different. To share an incident, one fine day they flushed the engine oil (it wasn’t required then) without prior informing me and later gladly added the charges to the bill. That’s the typical scenario everywhere. [thumbsdown]

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have not experienced all the service centers, but have good experience with Honda, Toyota, Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata, and similar ones. TO be honest, i had the worst experience with Tata guys which you all must be aware of since i wrote much about them in my http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/1163-tata-indigo-glx-35000km-report.html. Needless to say, they have improved a lot.

The best service experience has been with the Toyota people who have always been ready with answers and ofcourse the spares.

However when it comes to worst showroom experience, i had it with Skoda who imo lack courtesy.

Thread Starter #9
i do not understand about this poll.
obviously any indian would punch maruthi or toyota remaining brands are unheard in field of ASS.
quality of ASS is highly localized depending upon infrastructure and interest of the dealer so to have it evaluated on national level would be very confusing and misleading.
You could be right in saying that providing service is a localised phenomenon, but the premise behind this Poll is just to get the experience from TAI users about how they have been served where ever they are.

These manufactures are nationwide and their authorised service centers should be meeting same standards nationwide. Availability of parts and time of repair may change but I have not included that in the criteria.

Thread Starter #10
I have experienced Maruti, Hyundai and Toyota in around 4 cities in India. If I average out, the best service and peace of mind I have received is from from Toyota.

I have had terrible experience with Maruti and not so good with Hyundai.

One among many incidents of poor service from Maruti - I had a clutch overhaul at around 45 K from one of the renowned center in Delhi. After the change, the new one did not behave as it should. Release was long and it was pretty hard. When enquired from the service engr. he said it will ease out in some time. I did not buy it but did not argue too much.

During the next routine servicing, there was a diff service engr. and he checked the car and said clutch needs overhaul. I mentioned to him it was done during last servicing. He was surprised. He checked the records and came back with same explanation that it was new and will ease out.

I had received a printed bill but never got the carton or box of the new clutch plate and assembly.

We have had experiences with only TATA and Hyundai so far. So much is being said about TATA but they are improving constantly. We have been owning TATA cars for more than 15 years and surely they are better now than what they were at that time.

Hyundai also many people complain but i have never had any problems with them so far. As said by others A.S.S are known to rip off customers which is the same in Hyundai , but the quality of service , spares arrival , delivery at promised time , attitude of dealer has been good so far for me.

350Z

Core Team
We have had experiences with only TATA and Hyundai so far. So much is being said about TATA but they are improving constantly. We have been owning TATA cars for more than 15 years and surely they are better now than what they were at that time. Hyundai also many people complain but i have never had any problems with them so far. As said by others A.S.S are known to rip off customers which is the same in Hyundai , but the quality of service , spares arrival , delivery at promised time , attitude of dealer has been good so far for me.
I have also heard good things about spares availability from Hyundai (Especially of their CBU / CKD vehicles). Also, since you have experience of owning Tata cars over a decade, starting from Sierra to Aria. Can you please shed more light on what aspects and how they have improved? Personally, I’m curious to learn about their developments and hopefully others would too love reading that in detail straight from the heart of an owner.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes for Hyundai generally Chennaitees wont have a problem because we have the manufacturing factory here , so spares should be arriving within a week even if its going to be a rare unexpected part failure.

Well about TATA when we had the Sierra i was a small kid back then , that's why i don't even have a single picture of my Sierra![frustration] And also was not much into automobiles at that age. But one thing is for sure , they are trying to give the premium feel to Aria customers. Having been gone there with both my Safari and Aria now , i get more respect from everybody at the A.S.S when i go in Aria.

But having said that TATA seriously needs to work on the atmosphere of the A.S.S and the customer lounge. My dad also has been to both Hyundai and TATA'S A.S.S , though he is a loyal TATA fan he admits Hyundai is far better when customer treatment comes and Hyundai's customer lounge is far far better! Concorde is the leading dealer at Chennai but they don't even have proper AC'S to cool the room , you will be better off standing outside!

well if its only about service and after sales..i will also go with msil with eyes closed anyday!! [clap]

Top Bottom