Best Price for Used Ford Figo Titanium?

Thread Starter #1
I have come across a figo titanium diesel in Pune.

Running -- 30k
Period -- one year
Tires -- worn our
Suspension -- needs new suspension.

So at what price should one buy this car?

Re: At what price should one buy used Figo Titanium Diesel

I have come across a figo titanium diesel in Pune.

Running -- 30k
Period -- one year
Tires -- worn our
Suspension -- needs new suspension.

So at what price should one buy this car?
35-40% of new car OTR price should be maximum buying price for such stuff.

Requirement of New tyres & new suspension says it all.

Please check if he still has warranty left and how many more years. I mean, if the owner has opted for extended warranty then that is an advantage.

Thread Starter #3

The warranty will expire next month. No extended warranty.

Now if one opts for alloys say 15" and tires then the cost for same would be around 40k to 50k. How much would the suspension cost for Figo? I assume somewhere 30-40k. So net 1lac has to be put before even the first day of ownership. Can I give a quote of 2lacs for the car? Rest, suspension and alloys/tires I will manage.

The warranty will expire next month. No extended warranty.

Now if one opts for alloys say 15" and tires then the cost for same would be around 40k to 50k. How much would the suspension cost for Figo? I assume somewhere 30-40k. So net 1lac has to be put before even the first day of ownership. Can I give a quote of 2lacs for the car? Rest, suspension and alloys/tires I will manage.
The alloys must be already available considering the top end model. Did you check that?
The tubeless tires will cost you about 20k (considering only 4 tires are bad and the spare wheel is still in good condition). Michelin tubeless were costing INR 4700/- apiece three month ago (need to check post budget pricing, if affected).

I am not certain about the cost for suspension but we can take your guess.

So this would mean 75k maximum to get the car in good driving condition on day one.

Titanium Diesel would go around 6.7 lacs OTR pune (give or take 15-20k).

40% of it = 2.68 lacs. (-75k from your own pocket). So it will come about 2.00 lacs bidding/buying price.

At the most it can be stretched to 2.25 lacs. (this is considering the alloys are already fitted)

OK. Now checked with my dealer and here is the authentic information,

cars sold prior to Nov 2011 did not have alloys. So you need them.

OTR pune - 6.81 lacks (city limits)
14" alloys - 18k
Tubeless tires - 20k
Suspension system front - 12k
Suspension sytem rear - 8k

So now the scenario is

40% of OTR = 2.72 lacs
(-)
20k suspension + 40k wheels = 60k

So, we are talking of 2.12 lacs!!

Maximum stretched still remain at 2.25 lacs IMHO.

Go ahead and make the deal. [thumbswink]

I would suggest getting the car checked at Ford service station before making any decision

Hi Amiti,
Figo comes with an in-built warranty of 100000 KM or 2 years with optional extended warranty for select items. Few of the following modifications would definitely void the Warranty.
1. Tyre upsizing. Dealers are very particular about this.
2. Headlamp upgrade/Additonal headlights involving a cut-out relay installation.
3. Fitting additional horns tampering the existing wiring.
Please get the list of external modifications done and check with any ford service center whether those modifications void the warranty.
Happy motoring...
Bala

Thread Starter #7
Cruzer and Bala, thanks for your information. So I guess I will quote him 2 lacs max. But not more than that. And yes this car does not come with alloys.

If I get this car within my budget then I will do all necessary mods required.

I would suggest to look for better examples.

30K in one year, the user has bashed the car man. New suspension required in 30K means either the car has been driven too badly or over bad roads a lot or was used to carry heave goods a lot. Moreover, if the used had so high a running why is he selling it so early?

freakdude.

I was offered a silver/brown (dont know what to call that colour) Figo diesel Titanium for 5.10 lakhs,it had 28000 on clock & was almost 2 yrs old,but i was not interested so did not go to check the car out,& in Bangalore cars cost more,if your quoting 2 lakhs i am guessing this car is a petrol?

I was offered a silver/brown (dont know what to call that colour) Figo diesel Titanium for 5.10 lakhs,it had 28000 on clock & was almost 2 yrs old,but i was not interested so did not go to check the car out,& in Bangalore cars cost more,if your quoting 2 lakhs i am guessing this car is a petrol?
It's a diesel buddy as mentioned in the opening post.

freakdude.

I would suggest to look for better examples.

30K in one year, the user has bashed the car man. New suspension required in 30K means either the car has been driven too badly or over bad roads a lot or was used to carry heave goods a lot. Moreover, if the used had so high a running why is he selling it so early?

freakdude.
Correction: The suspension system would cost 20k (total system replacement)

Also, checking the car with Ford before making decision would help understand if there are more problems with the car than just the suspension system.

There are chances of minor/major accidents.

That was just too much for the asking for a car 2 years and 28000 KM old.

Thread Starter #13
Ok guys, some more updates.

This car doesn't have fogs also. The usage has been too much. However this is no accident car. I will make this deal maybe next month or max by june. Reason for selling, he is getting innova and verito both.

Lets see regarding the quote now. I will first put lesser quote and will see how much he is ready to come down. Apart from the suspension, tires which are worn out, any other things that I should lookout for figo diesel?

Getting a figo Tdci titanium for just 2L ?! Well thats just petrol car territory. As per the comments, so we can expect only 40% for a 1year ford diesel ? So, ford diesels have low resale eh... If you get this deal, the one who is selling this is a total looser.

Getting a figo Tdci titanium for just 2L ?! Well thats just petrol car territory. As per the comments, so we can expect only 40% for a 1year ford diesel ? So, ford diesels have low resale eh... If you get this deal, the one who is selling this is a total looser.
Thats right, even i do not think someone will sell a car at less than 50% of its price that too in just a year or 14 months, but its possible if the seller needs immediate money for his own survival.

Top Bottom