Best Petrol Hatchback in India!

Which is the best petrol hatch available in India? Which is more easier to tune? There are so many options available! Indian market is now favoring Hot Hatches!
Which is more easier to tune

When I hear the word Tune, it gives me goose bumps.

Unfortunately in India modification and tuning means just to put body decals and led lights or wider tire and skirting--eye candies...sigh!!

I wish if thread started was more specific about this query.

It's just a poll [:)] btw does the i10 with stock tyres really handle bad at high speeds? What about hill driving with the i10? Punto is a good solid car.
Does the i10 have enough punch in it's kappa engine for highway and hill driving?
i10 does its job pretty well, maybe you will have to shut off AC in case of steep inclines, but that's ok for car of its size. If you are more of comfort oriented, then opt for Jazz, else i10.

Thread Starter #18
By Tune, I mean strictly performance. Yes, many ppl in India think tuning means external modifications [:D] Maybe upsizing the tires may help i10..
Jazz has the same 1.2 engine brio has.. Jazz gives more space but brio has more power to weight ratio. Even i10. hence these two smoke the rest!

Thread Starter #20
I heard the new Swift.. both petrol and diesel are not as good as the old gen Swift.. The new one has some ergonomic errors!

Get an old second hand,first gen swift & modify/tune the hell out of it...no other car will come close to it..period!!!

A petrol hatchback that is a good base car to tune.

Well, when tuning comes into the picture, its usually good to go in for a Japanese Car. The reason being the huge aftermarket arena that sell performance parts for these vehicles.

From the present set of cars available in the market, there can be different ways to go about it. This is purely my opinion though.

One would be to go with something like a Alto k10. The car is already a pocket rocket. 0-100 in about 13.3 seconds if I am not mistaken. High speed maneuverability though comes as a issue. But with a little bit of an effort things can be sorted out. A lovely little engine to start working on I would say. The advantage of a k10 would be that the initial cost will be lesser. A little more forgiving on the pocket overall.

Second option I would say is the Honda Jazz. The word vtec just reminds me of the old Honda Citys. Its not the same engine but it is still a free revving engine which is loads of fun. Again a good start off point.

Third option, I would say would be the Maruti Swift. Umpteen examples of well modified Swifts are out there.

So i guess to sum it up. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend, initially and later on for mods. What type of hatch you looking for, in the sense something for you alone or something for the family, something that does city rounds or is also needed to carry some luggage and go on long drives.

Well, when tuning comes into the picture, its usually good to go in for a Japanese Car.
I differ about mod friendliness of Japanese cars.
I have seen skoda laura modded to 350bhp in India. I guess which Japanese car could handle that much Power.

Japanese cars are desinged with purpose in mind so they save laot of resource making less usefull for alteration and additional modifications.
One would be to go with something like a Alto k10. The car is already a pocket rocket. 0-100 in about 13.3 seconds if I am not mistaken.
But the issue is by 90kmph it starts to vibrate I wonder, is it tiny engine or feeble mounts.. Alto is better if used below 80kmph..the steering too is too sensitive for great power and the braking and body dynamics leaves much to be desired for an enthusiast.

I would say
1. i10 Sportz or Sportz Option
2. MS Swift VXI

Both are good, if you like revving then go for swift else i10 sportz comes like a complete package (with music system and usually Hyundai dealers throw in freebies, I got a lot of things - floor mat, sunfilm, seat cover, mud guard, steering cover and car cover)

It's just a poll [:)] btw does the i10 with stock tyres really handle bad at high speeds? What about hill driving with the i10? Punto is a good solid car.
Does the i10 have enough punch in it's kappa engine for highway and hill driving?
I upgraded to 165/80 Michelins after 55000kms i have experienced much better grip on highways, although the noise seems to have gone up.
One thing i liked better on the irde engine compared to kappa is the low end torque, much better for city driving..

As many have said, i guess Punto is an awesome car [clap]

Top Bottom