Best Petrol Hatch Between 7 Lakhs

Fiat Punto 1.4 Vs Honda Jazz X Vs New Hyundai i20 Asta

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi amargawade, if you buy punto please share your experiences, or if you book Jazz, then also please share your experiences but after getting it... Then we can conclude according to you which was the best, which can be better ? my friend took punto after getting advise from a previous punto owner, the best part, I remember is the service interval of 15K kilometers/1 year.... Its one with higher ground clearance hatch in the under 4 meter segment. Also don't forget to share your test drive experience if you are going to have one....

Also seen many discounts for punto 2012 petrol, whereas for Jazz now a days no freebies also... :-(

Thread Starter #36
Hi amargawade, if you buy punto please share your experiences, or if you book Jazz, then also please share your experiences but after getting it... Then we can conclude according to you which was the best, which can be better ? my friend took punto after getting advise from a previous punto owner, the best part, I remember is the service interval of 15K kilometers/1 year.... Its one with higher ground clearance hatch in the under 4 meter segment. Also don't forget to share your test drive experience if you are going to have one....

Also seen many discounts for punto 2012 petrol, whereas for Jazz now a days no freebies also... :-(
I already Test drive Punto 1.2 and Punto MJD and Swift 1.2 ZXI( No TD vehicle for Punto 1.4)
Here is My TD report !!

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Petrol Test Drive Report :

Like:
[1] Slient Engine as Honda till 70-80 Km/hr speed
[2] Breaks are too much Urgent
[3] Car is Niggle free , No single Rattling or other sound come from TD Vehicle
[4] Handling of car is very Good compare to CITY
[5] Steering is Well weighted at high Speed!!
[6] Ac is Powerful as CITY( may be more)
[7] Car going over pathholes and Broken roads very comfortably
[8] Gear shifting Quality much better than CITY ( My Opinion) etc.
[9] Fit and finish is Good looks Better than CITY and SWIFT.
[9] and Last but not least NEW Blue colour looks SEXY on both Punto as well as Linea

Dislike :
[1] 3rd gear is not much powerful to pull the car on Hill Road( Total 3 peoples in The Car)
[2] No New 1.4 Punto available Yet (For TD)( It's coming soon within 1 week)
[3] 1.2 Liter is Engine is Not much powerful
[4] Space between Tyre and Arch is Noticable( if U are Far from car, which is Impossible [glasses])

10 Feb :
Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Test Driven !!
Today , I TD Punto MJD Emotion !!( its my First test drive of Diesel Engine). at 3 pm i goes to to showroom , within 2-3 min they arrange test drive vehicle for me....Vehicle just covered ~430 kms. vechicle is not much clean...dust was every where...anyways !!

Like :
[1] Car was Rock steady at speed of 100kmph
[2] Super light clutch , even ligher than 1.2 ( My Opinion)
[3] Engine was quite slient and unaudiable at ideal.
[4] Super breaks with perfect steering
[5] Super chill AC with OK Music System.
[6] at incline roads/Hill roads car easily goes at 30 kmph on 3rd Gear

Dislike:
[1] Sometimes i feels that power on 2nd gear is not much good.
[2] after 80+ speed , wind sounds comes from driver side windows .
[3] Little turbo lag at starting of 1 st gear.

I like it 1.3MJD engine very much. SA told me that FIAT increasing price of car by 2-3% within 2 weeks then within month they will increase price of car by 40K-60K INR.

14 Feb:

Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXI Test Drive Report !!

Today , I goes to Maruti showroom for TD of Maruti Swift ( Petrol) , They arrange TD vehicle for me within 3-4 min. Car was in good condition , SA is OK ( Not even near to FIAT)

Like :
[1] Smooth , SLient but Powerful 1.2L Engine.
[2] Handling of car and steering is Good ( at speed of 90kmph)
[3] OEM Music system is Quite good ( for Looking as well as for Listening too)
[4] Gear shifting quality is better(Smooth) than Punto ( and CITY too)
[5] Car is much faster in every gear ( pick up) than Punto.
[7] 5 star EURO NCAP ranking for swift ( as well as Punto too) ( Yes, i know that foreign COuntries Punto and swift have more security features than INDIAN Model....)
[6] Car Price just 6,32,000 Rs compare to Punto ( 7,31,000 Rs)

Dislike :
[1] Maruti SA [frustration]
[2] Lower side of Dashboard area keep hitting to my middle of LEG , when pressing Cluch ( Its painfull)
[3] AC is Not cool as Punto ( but sufficient)
[4] Boot Space is minimum ( But Not big problem for US)
[5] No dead Paddle.
[6] Rear Headroom is not much high !!

lxi.

Suspended
That was a nice and informative report Amargawade90. As per my observations, I think that you like the Punto 1.3 MJD emotion among the above three. As the SA told you that prices are increasing, Better get one ASAP [:)].

Surprised to see only Rs.19000 difference in Punto Petrol (730972) and Punto Diesel (749380). I feel Diesel one is a better buy.

Thread Starter #40
That was a nice and informative report Amargawade90. As per my observations, I think that you like the Punto 1.3 MJD emotion among the above three. As the SA told you that prices are increasing, Better get one ASAP [:)].

Surprised to see only Rs.19000 difference in Punto Petrol (730972) and Punto Diesel (749380). I feel Diesel one is a better buy.
All Decision Depends upon Dad only !!

Thread Starter #42
You should also let your dad do a TD. Then Hope he also likes the Punto Emotion 1.3.
They TD Punto 1.3 MJD , and also liked bUT Problem is Selling ZEN !!![surprise]
At Maruti Suzuki showroom , they offered 1,15,000 rs + 10,000 Exchange Bonus( For Swift).
Where Fiat Only offers 90,000 Rs. ( and 10k or 15k Exchange offers).
Fiat Offereing very low resell value for our ZEN!!

lxi.

Suspended
Ohh. Why this ZEN came in between! :(. So, Maruti Are giving 125000 for your car.
And Fiat gives (90k+15k), 105000! Yes, its very low.
Try selling your car to a customer or some Friend /Relative, if he gives some 120000 for the zen! Or you have to lose 20000Rs. if you go with what your heart says. (Punto).

Also, Theres one strategy which I applied on buying the city,(We were confused with Vento, SX4 and city).
I told my dad all the cons of SX4 and Vento (Hehe!) and finally he said, Why to buy a car with so much cons even if we have choice (City) and 10L.

You can tell your dad about the less boot space, Rear legroom, Rear Visibility, etc, etc and convince your dad to go for punto. (No offence to swift owners) Or you can show him some threads/Blogs of Swift where it is considered BAD! Hehe.

Hope it helps. Else, dont mess up with your DAD, Go for Swift ZXi if he wishes so! Afterall you want a Smile on your dads face also.

Good Luck!

Thread Starter #44
Ohh. Why this ZEN came in between! :(. So, Maruti Are giving 125000 for your car.
And Fiat gives (90k+15k), 105000! Yes, its very low.
Try selling your car to a customer or some Friend /Relative, if he gives some 120000 for the zen! Or you have to lose 20000Rs. if you go with what your heart says. (Punto).

Also, Theres one strategy which I applied on buying the city,(We were confused with Vento, SX4 and city).
I told my dad all the cons of SX4 and Vento (Hehe!) and finally he said, Why to buy a car with so much cons even if we have choice (City) and 10L.

You can tell your dad about the less boot space, Rear legroom, Rear Visibility, etc, etc and convince your dad to go for punto. (No offence to swift owners) Or you can show him some threads/Blogs of Swift where it is considered BAD! Hehe.

Hope it helps. Else, dont mess up with your DAD, Go for Swift ZXi if he wishes so! Afterall you want a Smile on your dads face also.

Good Luck!
Even , they thinks 1.25 lakhs are LOW !! They want ~1.5 Lakhs For Zen . Our Zen is Excellent Cod'n. And Coverred 26700Kms .

lxi.

Suspended
Check the Carwale Evaluation.
It is a really nice feature. Fill in all details and you will know the price.

Okay, TEll me the year, model , kms(Of zen) and your city also.
Will tell you the prices.
Right now searching for link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom