Best Petrol Hatch Between 7 Lakhs

Fiat Punto 1.4 Vs Honda Jazz X Vs New Hyundai i20 Asta

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello friends [:)]!! We buying New car very soon , I need's advise of members .
Now we have Maruti Zen VXI ( Nov 2004 model) , Its just completed 7 years , therefor we decide to buy new petrol Hatch !!
Why Petrol Hatch ?? Our Yearly running is too low therefor PETROL ( our 7 year ZEN just completed 26650 Kms).
As we keep New car for next 6-7 years , therefor i choosing TOP model of car.
Car considered : Fiat Punto 1.4 , Honda jazz X.
Not condisered : I20 ( due to poor steering) , POLO 1.6 ( high maintance) , Maruti Swift ZXI ( ugaly looking from BAck and when i pressing cluch my lowerside of knee keep touching to lowerside of Dashboard)

as we keep car for next 6-7 years , therefor Resale value is not important too us , milege will be ~12 city and ~16 Highway are acceptable.
(Note - Right not Honda STOPs taking booking of JAZZ , but they will resume booking from next month or April)

So Guys what U thinking guys Fiat Punto 1.4 or honda jazz ?? and WHY ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,
This is a no-brainer actually. If youv'e got the moolah, then the Jazz is the best petrol hatch money can buy you today in India, period!!! I'm using the 'select' now for 2months & its a blast to drive. There are just too many questions lingering on with Fiat still, to persuade anyone from not buying a Honda. Fiat has split from Tata allright but again the new Punto/Linea isn't that great a makeover, resale is a question mark, so is service backup. Honda triumphs in all departments & I'm not giving a biased opinion cause I have it, it's becuase Honda actually does give you what it says it does...

You can go through a couple of ownership threads of both the vehicles in this forum & decide for yourself. Moreover production as you said is becoming normalised from this month so you should ideally get deliveries by say 3 months time max, i guess.

Cheers

Jazzy

But I heard that punto 1.4's mileage is very less when compared to Jazz's 1.2 both in city as well as in highway. But feature wise comparison, punto has got an edge with Auto climate control etc. Jazz has got good history as well, From the year 2001 it has been sold all over the world in huge numbers, and in india also its going to be a winner after its price cut, when the production goes normal and waiting period is minimum.

With Overall space & comfort & maintenance & ASS & Honda reliability & much more.. I think Jazz is a best buy over punto.

Thread Starter #5
But I heard that punto 1.4's mileage is very less when compared to Jazz's 1.2 both in city as well as in highway. But feature wise comparison, punto has got an edge with Auto climate control etc. Jazz has got good history as well, From the year 2001 it has been sold all over the world in huge numbers, and in india also its going to be a winner after its price cut, when the production goes normal and waiting period is minimum.

With Overall space & comfort & maintenance & ASS & Honda reliability & much more.. I think Jazz is a best buy over punto.
Car milege" is not our 1st priority ( if yes , then we will choose maruti swift)
We want good car , which gives maximum comfort , high speed stabilty ( at 150 kmph) , Fully loaded with features ( as we not changing car for next 7 years)

I would say go for the Honda Jazz. Honda is anytime better than Fiat but that doesn't mean that i am saying Fiat is a bad car. No it is a good car also. But if you are comparing between the both, than my vote goes to Jazz.

Since you have kept your car for 7 odd years,its a no brainer it has to be a Honda in this case,but for high speed stability(as you said 150 above) the assurance you get from Punto can be false or any hatch back in India ,its just steering stiffness that gives the driver that sensation of a stable high speed ride,but you got to be realistic so be vary when you hit gentle cures at that speed,anyways my vote goes for Jazz its a car for the long run as Punto diesels are the hot cakes.

the assurance you get from Punto can be false or any hatch back in India ,its just steering stiffness that gives the driver that sensation of a stable high speed ride
Have you driven a punto or Linea ? be honest.
Haha, please don't talk like some immature sales man!

swift ,i20 is always better deal than honda jazz even Liva is, if your priorities are Japanese kind of car with bang for the buck deal like quick 0-100, lighter steering and compelling. ergonomics.

If you want performance, additional safety and some road manners no doubt European cars like Volks wagon, fiat or ford. Fiat is well known for its rigidity and excellent ride quality giving stiff competition even to higher segment cars.

If your priorities are features, Honda jazz needs to travel lot more to reach near Punto1.4.

lxi.

Suspended
I would suggest you the Jazz X, because if you have money, then Jazz is the best car one can get in the petrol hatchbacks.

Punto is also another great car to drive because of the ride quality.
Please mention what your priorities are-
If they are space and brand image- Then its the JAzz (no offence to punters)
If you like a nice drive with a planted ride quality, excellent handling with looks equal to the Jazz (IMHO)- Go for punto!

Thread Starter #10
I would suggest you the Jazz X, because if you have money, then Jazz is the best car one can get in the petrol hatchbacks.

Punto is also another great car to drive because of the ride quality.
Please mention what your priorities are-
If they are space and brand image- Then its the JAzz (no offence to punters)
If you like a nice drive with a planted ride quality, excellent handling with looks equal to the Jazz (IMHO)- Go for punto!
In our family ,we are just 3 ( Me , mom and Dad) , therefor rear space is not much advantage to us but front seat should be great!!
WE dont want to take of just BRAND image ( Good or bad) but we want to Enjoy ride comfort !! High speed stability ( This is main problem in ZEN now , after 90 km/hr ZEN is too bad on road!!)

Last edited:

Hi
I got 15.5 km/l in high way and 12.8 in city with automatic climate control for my Punto 1.4 whose odometer reading is 1900km.
About history : first generation punto came in the year 1993. Then Grande punto is more recent and it rolled out in 2005. This Punto was the fourth-best selling supermini in Europe.(Reference: Wikipedia).
Sales figures world wide :
Fiat Punto : Over 6,000,000 up to 2005
Honda Fit/Jazz : Reached 3,500,000 at the end of September 2010.
(Reference : Wikipedia)

In our family ,we are just 3 ( Me , mom and Dad) , therefor rear space is not much advantage to us but front seat should be great!!
WE dont want to take of just BRAND image ( Good or bad) but we want to Enjoy ride comfort !! High speed stability ( This is main problem in ZEN now , after 90 km/hr ZEN is too bad on road!!)
Most of the modern cars are stable and safe in and around 100-12kmph the speed band one often travel in Indian roads. so it all depends upon personal choice and quality of service provided in your locality.
yes Fiat maintenance cost is cheaper than Honda and Volkswagen/skoda

FE: for 7 years usage and short running per month fuel efficiency of +/-1kmpl shouldn't be an issue rather service support and maintenance costs should be .
Don't buy the sweet words "you can ask anybody " or everybody knows our brand is the best" etc.

For a thorough understanding I suggest an exhaustive test drive and details about free service and maintenance cost details from showroom itself.

If I were in your place, no doubt I would pick up Jazz. However, if it's unavailable now and will have long waiting period, with your requirement, I would leave all hatchback and pick up Etios petrol, although it's not premium (With the assumption that the top end Etios comes within 7 lakhs).

Thread Starter #14
Most of the modern cars are stable and safe in and around 100-12kmph the speed band one often travel in Indian roads. so it all depends upon personal choice and quality of service provided in your locality.
yes Fiat maintenance cost is cheaper than Honda and Volkswagen/skoda

FE: for 7 years usage and short running per month fuel efficiency of +/-1kmpl shouldn't be an issue rather service support and maintenance costs should be .
Don't buy the sweet words "you can ask anybody " or everybody knows our brand is the best" etc.

For a thorough understanding I suggest an exhaustive test drive and details about free service and maintenance cost details from showroom itself.
At Our locality , Both Showrooms ( fiat as well as Honda) are Good , SA's are good !!and i heard from many friends that A.S.S of Fiat is good !! So i dont think , I'll be get any problem regards a.s.s ....
Now its all depends on car Only !!
( Our Yearly Running - 3000Kms , in these 3000 kms we cover 2000 kms(2 Big highway TRIP) in just 2 months and other 1000 kms on remaining 10 months )(we mostly using car for sat and sunday only)

and For TD , they should have TD vehicle !! both fiat and honda Dont have TD vehicle !!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
If I were in your place, no doubt I would pick up Jazz. However, if it's unavailable now and will have long waiting period, with your requirement, I would leave all hatchback and pick up Etios petrol, although it's not premium (With the assumption that the top end Etios comes within 7 lakhs).
I dont like interior of Etios at all ( specially Center speedometer) ,front of car is ok but rear is not at all good !![cry]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom