Best Music System for New Swift

I will say,go for reputed brands,like Kenwook,JVC,alpine ,pioneer...since sound quality of chinese brands are no close to these reputed brands......why not consider blaupunkt york 800,it has every thing including navigation from mapmyindia?Looks can be deceiving.[glasses]

Hey buddies

am looking for upgrading the audio system. currently i hav stock setup in my 2nd hand swift.

I inquired a lot about speakers , search on internet and go to know a lot of things with lots of questions.

1. I have MTX speakers mounted on MDF which really sucks

2. I already hav kenwood amplifier 2 ch. and currently its powering my MTX speakers

3. i suspect my rear door connection is detached so that it goes to MDF mounted speakers.

After my research work. i found this

1. I should go for JBL componenet speakers for front. my 2ch amp will power the comp.

2. for rear door speakers , my frnd told me to go for comp. only which have more rms/watt instead of going for tray speakers. or coaxial ( i need your opinion )

My personal opinion not to go for tray speakers coz its a family car, my mom use it for buying Grocery from D-mart and am the driver
My boot space filled to the top.

Regd sub woofers. am not going for it, coz boot space is mandatory for me and if i go for sub then that little boot space is gone .

So in my opinion.

JBL comp for front may be GT 608c
JBL comp. for rear may be GT 609c
Kenwood 2ch amp(already have)

Thanks

AnksS

Last edited by a moderator:
component for rear is a bad idea,for a car like swift(limited interior volume) its a waste,also where to place the tweeters ? probably in door pad,its a very bad idea,you will be irritated by tweeters from rear,go for a good quality component,I had a bitter experience ,when I had components on front and back,now I have morel coaxials on back,its way better.

HI All,

I have booked Swift VXI and now i am looking for a decent audio system for my first car. Please help me to finalize music system for My Swift VXI

I am a music lover.. i love malayalam songs ( latest trend, classic, melodies,etc..), hindi, tamil.etc.. but not rock music.

I don't want much BOOM BOOM sound.
I am not preferring Sub woofers as well as Amps.
I want crystal clear quality sound with medium bass.

I heard that maruthi's stock audio HU is pretty decent so i prefer to go with Maruthi's stock audio HU (the one comes with Zxi) which costs around 16K - also it keeps dashboard stylish.

Speakers
Front:- JBL - GTO 609C components (5.5K)
Rear:- Infinity 2 way (oval) for back (4.5k) ( on parcel tray)

The challenge here is i never tested these speakers.One day i spoke to one of the JBL dealer near to my place and explained him about my requirement and this is what he suggested.

Please suggest if these combination is really worth and give good quality crystal clear sound with.

Also heard from MGA shop about a JVC HU which will fit exactly to swift's dash board.. not sure on this. Anything available like this ? its cost is around 13K.

Since you prefer listening to Classics and melodies, so, 609C might not sound sweet to you as they are a bit on the brighter side. Also, since you plan to retain the stock HU so you'd have minimal control on these from HU's perspective. So, I'd suggest you to have a look at RF components or if you can stretch a bit then Focal polyglass 165 vb are the best suited to you. For rears infinity are good.

freakdude.

Thanks freakdude... i will check for RF. Any model name for good RF component speakers?

1. Btw, Wht you mean by JBL's are bright.. i am sorry i didn't get that technical word.
2. Do we need Amp for these speakers for good quality sound ( for JBL or RF component speakers)?

Thanks freakdude... i will check for RF. Any model name for good RF component speakers?

1. Btw, Wht you mean by JBL's are bright.. i am sorry i didn't get that technical word.
2. Do we need Amp for these speakers for good quality sound ( for JBL or RF component speakers)?
Buddy, you can go for Rockford Fosgate R1652. Though these are mid level drivers but still sound a lot good. JBL 609C generate a bit more bass then these RF but since your music preference is towards crisp sounds for classicals so I suggested RFs. By JBLs being brighter I meant that they are higher on treble side. Now, treble can be controlled to a great extent if you have an aftermarket HU, but this is limited with OEM HUs.

Regarding amp, I would suggest you have the speakers installed first. Listen to them for some days, keep fine tuning from HU as per your preference. Now, if it keeps you happy then it's fine, else go for a basic 4-ch amp and link it to all 4 speakers. Definitely, sound would improve once you amp the drivers.

freakdude.

Please suggest if you have any idea about

JVC KW AV-70 BT
whts the price? Is it worth to buy?

JVC KW AV-60 BT

Any other suggestions

Please suggest if you have any idea about

JVC KW AV-70 BT

JVC KW AV-60 BT

Any other suggestions
Both are nice HUs but a bit pricey in my opinion. The best part is both have 3 pairs of pre-outs and that too of 4volts.

AV60BT is priced around 31799/- and AV70BT is around 41500/- (ebay prices, import to India).

In this price range you can also try the newly launched Pio 2-din DVD series.

freakdude.

HI Freakdude,

Can you please suggest some nice Pioneer DDin HU ( limit 25K ), BT is not must.

Display should be good,USB and Aux in are must.

Thanks,
Dileep

Buddy, you can go for Pioneer AVH-P3490DVD. It looks fantastic and sings good too. Just last week had it installed in a friends Lancer. It sells for around 22K. Another VFM option is Pioneer AVH-1490DVD. It's screen size is a bit smaller than AVH-3490DVD rest almost everything is same.

freakdude.

HI All, I have booked Swift VXI and now i am looking for a decent audio system for my first car. Please help me to finalize music system for My Swift VXI

Maruti stock HU is NOT good, so please don't go for it ,I sold mine which came along with my zdi ,for 3500.If you are used to good HU ,you wont be satisfied.Even though my new HU is JVC, what MGA shop saying about perfect fit ,is crap.You can fit any HU ,you like.Personally I think JVC sounds better than Pioneer.(In my previous swift,I had Pioneer 2 din HU)Piioneer is good ,if you care more about better user interface.JVC 70 BT cost me 29000( Please dont by from ebay,since price will be higher and warranty is doubtful)
Unlike Pioneer ,JVC India is offering 2 years warranty.

Hello guys,

This is my first post in TAI,

I need ICE for my Swift VDI,which had done 70K Km in 2.5 years,needs Music System.

I want much boom boom
I m preferring Sub as well as Amp and
I want much clarity.

So,which is best?

My Budget is Rs.50K.

Top Bottom