Best Hatchback For Long-Term Use?

What about the Nissan Micra?
Its spacious and it has a decent performance plus not so bad mileage even if its a petrol. And it has quality for sure,maybe even better than the Suzuki's.

But somewhere in side I still feel old fabia Ambiente makes sense now if one is getting GOOD discounts.
I agree with Amiti. Also be adviced, Fabia is far more expensive to maintain as compared to Swift. Recently i went across the price list of varous equipments which were damn expensive. I remember readin the price of Fog lamp assemble as 18k. But that was the list of OE for Old Fabia. Also they reduced the prices of spares sometime back,, So before you reach to any conclusion do check out the cost of maintainance too. Just a suggestion from my side.
As for the Skoda A.S.S, try to get the feedback from the Skoda owners in your area. They will give you a better idea. Skoda has put in a lot of efforts to improve their A.S.S.

Shailinder your thread title says it all! You want to have a Hatch for long-term use , why not go with the tried and tested Swift or Ritz?

If you want a change look at Polo or Figo. i20 i think you din like it for some rattle issue! What about Punto?

But still a Punto , Figo , Ritz and Swift will be cheaper than a Polo and Fabia under long term maintenance.

Thread Starter #49
Shailinder your thread title says it all! You want to have a Hatch for long-term use , why not go with the tried and tested Swift or Ritz?

If you want a change look at Polo or Figo. i20 i think you din like it for some rattle issue! What about Punto?

But still a Punto , Figo , Ritz and Swift will be cheaper than a Polo and Fabia under long term maintenance.
I think you are right. I should stick to popular cars rather then me being popular for stupidilty [lol](No offence for Fabia / Polo owners - just personal opinion.) [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #51
Thanks Vijay for the advice. I have not tried i20 franklly speaking but rest of the cars suggested by you, I have tried and felt ok. Nothing great or out of the lot experience.

i wonder whats wrong with the punto? if you are looking for a car thats well priced, reasonably good looking and a worthy performer, then i should suggest figo. But here are the reasons why i opted a punto.
1) it looks better. tell me a cheaper car that has been designed by THE Italdesign group.
and along with that comes the exclusivity issue. punto scores points there as well.
2)seating position. that solely depends on your interest and height, but i liked the punto more.
3)quality of plastics[regardless of what they say about punto] is better than figo.
4) punto seemed more spacious. especially the front seats,. its huge.
5) and this is great piece of information. a neighbor of mine works in the Nation Insurance , and she says they are fed up with figo. there are so many accidents taking place , with a lot of the drivers siting the seating position of the car as the major reason. this could a false information, especially when you compare the number of puntos and figos on road. but she did say this to us.

and about i20, we have other forums discussing the issue. punto was a personal choice, and i thought the punto handled much better in the TD than i20.
cheers

Punto's plastic quality is much better than Marutis. I dont know why there are so many people complaining about it.

Fabia, Polo and forget Jazz its a different car LOL. But still i find the Punto plastics better than Maruti, Ford and comparable to i20(Forget Vista). Again if you take the price comparison the which car is VFM?

As RSM said When compared to Fabia & Polo, Punto has lesser quality of plastics.

But Jazz & i20 should not be compared to Punto :)

The Jazz is not a bad car at all, Its a Honda. The only problem is the price which is bit too high. Honda's are all about quality and reliability.

Did not find an appropriate thread to make this post and this is the one that came closest to my query.So,i hope nobody has an issue with that.

I (rather my Dad) is in the process of buying a 2nd car,would be driven by me.It for sure would be a hatchback and a petrol one.

Shortlisted ones would be - Fabia,Punto,Swift,Polo,Figo,Vista90.

NO to i20 and Jazz because they are way out of the budget.

Mostly looking to avoid the Polo and Swift because of endless waiting period.

Fabia,have been getting many negative reports.But a friend of mine owns 2 Skoda's and he doesn't seem to have an issue with either one of them.

My heart is set on either the Punto or the Vista90 (Since i couldn't find a Vista90 thread)
Sure to get windfall discounts for both of them.

My basic question is,if i were to leave the interior quality issue aside,are these cars any better than the ones mentioned above ? Primarily,i am asking w.r.t Engine Performance.

Choosing a car depends on your requirement.

In these list, only Punto 1.4 and Vista90 have 1.4L engine, all others are 1.2L engine.
Fabia, Polo and Figo, all are 1.2L and 3-cyl engine. Where as Swift, Punto and Vista90 have 4 cylinder engine.

If you want to have proven car on road, Swift should be the choice, but it has huge waiting period.
If you are looking for space, it has to be Vista.
But if you want the car whose ride & handling is implacable, it has to be Punto 1.4L. Also this will give you the best driving pleasure.

Top Bottom