Best GPS Maps, Provider, PNDs

Krish there are settings in the MMI device , you can set it to choose the shortest route or the route with best possible roads etc etc

How is the response time and Map coverage? While going to coorge last week MMI was showing me a different route al together. Does it always choose fastest route or shortest route ?
what do you mean by response ?
About map coverage most of area are covered(tested in punjab,himachal and delhi) . Yes it does show many time different route then normal route according to setting . if i choose fastest then almost all time longest route if shortest then small route else normal route .

But if you can offered to run google map nothing beat it almost all routes are there .

I am using satguide. They have not included my town and other towns in kutch region. Have shoot a mail to them and got a reply they will provide me free map upgrade after adding kutch area.

Re: A map section in the voyage junction

how reliable is mapmyindia , garmin or mobile maps comaparitively.

i have used mobile maps in nokia and lg fone so far but both were dissapointing . most of the time they act wierd means not reliable..

Re: A map section in the voyage junction

I have satguide. Not satisfied. There is no road to my office it ends up at middle of somewhere and this road existed since ages, but still not there ( i have the latest maps). But lets not discuss this here as I think this thread is for real-life road experience with the recent tour he/she has made.

A recent one from me: Do not attempt to drive to Sinhgad fort, the roads are very bad. The roadwork is going on the entire stretch (Right from fee collection booth till the summit). The road will be closed for a month or two before the monsoon hits.

Re: Map Section in The Voyage Junction

excuse me, if my post is at wrong place.

but what i intended is, nowadays i have tendency to stick with electronics map rather than getting good old booklets and huge paper charts .

unfortunately these electronic ones left me middle of nowhere most of the time . so i was wondering if it is just like technology is not yet ready or am i missing some real stuffs.

google maps in computer is very worthy for point a to point b with location ,favorite spots , and everything else but when it comes into mobile on the ride , i could not appreciate much.

do we have any options or should we stick with old school maps.

@ Jayadev Try out Maymyindia , with their recently updated maps they are almost accurate! In my recent trips to Munnar , Kodaikanal and Ooty they were really good , they even showed all the hairpin bends!

Thanks for moving the threads.

Anyways in india the gps device will point to a nearest point of interest(POI) only (unless you intend to visit that POI itself). As post offices do no have a single street and location number identifier assigned to an address like

for e.g. in US "571 ,Atlantic Avenue, Hoffman Estates, IL, 60169 will be the building/house # 571 on the Atlantic Avenue Street in Hoffman Estate city and in Illinois state.

This detailed information is not available in India. The above address in indian version will be

'571 Atlantic Avenue, Behind Dominicks store, opposite basket ball court.......blah blah blah

@ Jayadev Try out Maymyindia , with their recently updated maps they are almost accurate! In my recent trips to Munnar , Kodaikanal and Ooty they were really good , they even showed all the hairpin bends!
Yes i too feel mapmyindia is better than satguide, I have lost twice in mumbai using satguide[frustration], one of my friend has a mapmyindia pnd he says he is "happy" with it, well i think after spending over 7k one has every right to be happy whatever is the case [:)]

i once checked map my india in showroom and it dint show the way to showroom neither it could show the home location.
i gave him furious looks, poor sales guy was sweating head to toes .. jokes apart.

how different is true gps device like mmi and gps in mobilephone .
owners please enlighten.

@ Jayadev Oh i don know , but while i was purchasing the Mapmyindia device i wanted to check it and it showed all the routes correctly , so i was satisfied with it and went ahead to purchase it. It has been useful to me in my recent trips too. Maybe the device din't have updated maps at that time , check it out now again. I am sure you will notice an improvement.

I don't know about MMI but trusting these maps alone can lead you nowhere. Three days back we were lost in kerela's forest while driving from Thottekad to Tekkadhy trusting Google maps. After drivin into the forest for almost 40 kms the map showed a left turn when there was no road at all ! got confused and to the horror not a single sole could be found to conform , finally after an hour some villages helped us by showing a different route which was not there in the map at all [frustration]

I don't know about MMI but trusting these maps alone can lead you nowhere. Three days back we were lost in kerela's forest while driving from Thottekad to Tekkadhy trusting Google maps. After drivin into the forest for almost 40 kms the map showed a left turn when there was no road at all ! got confused and to the horror not a single sole could be found to conform , finally after an hour some villages helped us by showing a different route which was not there in the map at all [frustration]
happened with me many a times when the map says take a left, I say "Show me the road to the left and I would drive on that with pleasure"[anger]

Top Bottom