Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan: Manza / Dzire / Etios / Fiesta Classic

Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Which is the Best entry level Diesel sedan in current market situation?
Considering perspectives Performance - Handling - Features - VFM - ASS - Space - Looks etc

@Mods - Please add poll with following options

1. Tata Manza
  2. Maruti Swift Dezire
  3. Toyota Etios
  4. Ford Fiesta Classic
  5. Mahindra Verito
  6. Tata Indigo eCS
  7. Hindustan Motors Ambassador

class.png

Re: Best Entry level Diesel Sedan Manza-Dezire-Etios-Fiesta Classic-Verito-Indigo eCS

Ford Fiesta classic wins hands down in terms of great driving dynamics, handling, decent power, looks (even though dated, still the best of the 7 options). Manza would definitely score in terms of features and space. So at the end of the day it depends on the priorities of the buyer.

I vote for Fiesta Classic.

Re: Best Entry level Diesel Sedan Manza-Dezire-Etios-Fiesta Classic-Verito-Indigo eCS

my vote manza just love its space and comfort

My vote goes to Tata Manza but it may change after Sunny comes in with diesel engine in Jan 12.

My vote goes to Tata Manza but it may change after Sunny comes in with diesel engine in Jan 12.
For sporty handling its the Fiesta, for herd mentality there is Dezire, and for every thing else there is a TATA MANZA.Do we even require a poll here,Manza beats every other car black and blue as a total package, others are one dimensional cars IMO.

don't forget 70k discount which is going on manza

Thread Starter #7

70k or 40 k ?

amm guy told me that he got 70k discount on manza 2 days ago

ford fiesta classic is great but only sxi is worth it and it costs lakh rupees more than dzire..my vote for dzire! and amby dont deserves to come in this comparison!!

Well,i think you people have gone diesel here but the fuel for enthusiasm is PETROL!!:biggrin:
And hence my vote goes to our most exciting and best driving sedan here..Ford Fiesta 1.6 simply none of the above mentioned cars is nowhere near the fiesta petrol for what it offers,it handles best,its stability is best and it has capability to delight anyone.[drive].

Rest if going to diesel,even then the Fiesta,Manza only for its space and features rest Fiesta for everything especially ride quality and handling.

Rest if going to diesel,even then the Fiesta,Manza only for its space and features rest Fiesta for everything especially ride quality and handling.
Fiesta may be in handling but Manza is the best amoung the listed in terms of ride quality.

I think I am the only one who voted for Verito. It has the best driveable diesel engine in sedans and is a great underadvertised car! You need to drive to understand what I am saying. It might lack in some *features* but otherwise it is a true VFM.

@Autosafari:
Are you sure you have driven a Manza as well as a Fiesta both?
Okay what my driving experience says that Manza looses nearly all its appeal once you cross 120-130 kph mark or even 110 mark and has the best(that's a joke) NVH levels too and I am yet to understand where does the Manza matches the high-speed stability and sportiness of a Fiesta?Also the pliant ride of a Fiesta?
Yes in terms of space,interiors and features its head and shoulders above the Fiesta.

@Thetraveller:
Even I too love the way the Verito drives but still there is a lot missing in the car.

@Autosafari:
Are you sure you have driven a Manza as well as a Fiesta both?
Okay what my driving experience says that Manza looses nearly all its appeal once you cross 120-130 kph mark or even 110 mark and has the best(that's a joke) NVH levels too and I am yet to understand where does the Manza matches the high-speed stability and sportiness of a Fiesta?Also the pliant ride of a Fiesta?
Yes in terms of space,interiors and features its head and shoulders above the Fiesta.
We have driven Manza at 165 and even tried 170. The ride was still stable and planted in NH4.

During our long trip (1700 km in 23 hours) from Kerala to Daman, we were averaging at 145 kph most of the time
(Myself or family never felt the need to take a break and come out the car during the entire journey. Such was the comfort and ride quality)

My collegue has a Fiesta classic.

Also we have tested a Petrol Manza and a Diesel Manza together with a Laura Automatic in high speed drive.

You can also check with Highway Ranger who has done a high speed drive (160 - 170) in Manza recently.

Its not that we are crazy drivers. But just tested car when the road was clear and things were looking better with less traffic etc.

Last edited:

I think I am the only one who voted for Verito. It has the best driveable diesel engine in sedans and is a great underadvertised car! You need to drive to understand what I am saying. It might lack in some *features* but otherwise it is a true VFM.
even i voted for the Verito. I quite like it over the others. Its a very understated car but brilliant. Next would be Manza!

Top Bottom