Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan: Manza / Dzire / Etios / Fiesta Classic

Best Entry Level Diesel Sedan?

• Total voters
Brother i like Ritz its unique design suits for mods.
And i am proud to own it.
Sorry i did not mean to say Ritz has bad rear shape, wanted to say sail UVA has got decent back profile which is better than Ritz, its my own opinion though.

@Raja please be specific next time, moreover i was referring to Alexddas.

Well i haven't driven these yet, nor we do not have plans to buy these.

Last edited:
Really Tata neds to change the rear design(tail lamp) of the Manza sedan. The rear design didn't suits the whole car. I don't know why TATA designers are doing such a mess with the rear design of their vehicles..[frustration]

Really Tata neds to change the rear design(tail lamp) of the Manza sedan. The rear design didn't suits the whole car. I don't know why TATA designers are doing such a mess with the rear design of their vehicles..[frustration]
Right you are, let us see if they can make wonders with the CS specified version. Currently Verito CS(with those spy pics) looks hot.

its subjective,don't it?
BTW frankly speaking none of the budget sedan look scorching hot either.

I don't want hot looking but atleast need decent looking rear for the sedan.
Am I asking anything wrong??[confused]
Dont take it personally Jag, you are absolutely right about asking something which looks good
but practically none of the budget car look good, most people buy people based on what's inside/ what they can live with, Please take a look other's offering..

Sorry i did not mean to say Ritz has bad rear shape, wanted to say sail UVA has got decent back profile which is better than Ritz, its my own opinion though.

@Raja please be specific next time, moreover i was referring to Alexddas.

Well i haven't driven these yet, nor we do not have plans to buy these.
Vishwas I seriously wanted to know your opinion and driving impressions of sail UVA and sedan belive me .
There was no other intention .

My question to you was direct and it had nothing to do with your and Alex's discussion iam genuinely wanted to know your opinion if you had test driven it . And even if you don't like it its ok , was just wanting a feedback from you .

Infact Iam waiting to know Alex's impressions also .

Dont take it personally Jag, you are absolutely right about asking something which looks good
but practically none of the budget car look good, most people buy people based on what's inside/ what they can live with, Please take a look other's offering..
Even being a budget car alto looks good.
Beat looks good also.
I personally feel that Sail sedan's rear looks good than sail UVA.

Last edited:
Even being a budget car alto looks good.
Beat looks good also.
I personally feel that Sail sedan's rear looks good than sail UVA.
Thats why I call looks are subjective, coz I really don't like the look of the new alto, Alto K10 was good, even previous alto was a no nonsense car.
In my personal opinion -- best looking car is beat, then figo.
Vista , sail Uva, madza, sail are no nonsense family car.
Alto 800 looks confused (trying to copy figo), Swift is a poor copy of mini coopers, Ritz is where designer try something new, but not executing well
No offence to owner, this are just my personal opinion on design itelf. not the car

@all, we need a brief discussion on rattles in the cars concerned on this thread.

Changing manza looks means, adding curves that to give the car a bit compact look, means more cost means its price would go in premium entry level sedan's price bracket,then we will have to remove it from this poll.
Adding botox, silicone will lead to change in aerodynamics and car would look ugly and plummer than now.

@s class, optra /magnum was real looker and diesel option was also a deal breaker but it lost the battle due to poor GC.
If chevy comes with improved GC just like linea GC kit , optra still can give a fight.
My dream cars in those days were optra D and lancer.Mitsu if manages to fit in the multi jet from the from fiat in that old lancer it can give run for money to manza and fiesta too.

Those who think that d zire is better becoz of sales figures should remember that it sales more because it full fills common needs of common man .The population of common men is more in our country than the true auto enthusiasts.

AFA, s class is concerned , I guess , he has bought the d zire just to protect his other beloved car from side effects of pune traffic and RWUP and ASS and not because it sells more,, correct me if I am wrong.

[frustration]If we compare sales figures of old dzire with new dzire during first year of the respective launches , depending on that we will have to conclude that old was better than new

Last edited:
@all, we need a brief discussion on rattles in the cars concerned on this thread.

Changing manza looks means, adding curves that to give the car a bit compact look, means more cost means its price would go in premium entry level sedan's price bracket,then we will have to remove it from this poll.
Adding botox, silicone will lead to change in aerodynamics and car would look ugly and plummer than now
No one need a complete design change in the Manza, but the subtle changes to the rear tail light itself can give the car a better and poised rear which doesnot need much money in my opinion..[;)]

Two weeks back i got a chance to sit in the rear seat of sail sedan when checking out the beat, i liked the space to keep legs, but its still not upto the new dzire, where dzire had chair like sitting position. So Dzire ticks the mark for rear seat sitting, and there's nobody to disagree with the Manza's class leading space.

Top Bottom